Wikipedia: Most read about albums by female artists (2015-now data)

Feanor

Based on the Wikipedia's Pageview tool, these are the albums by female artists with the most page visits.

The results are unfortunately not as complete as they could be, as the tool only goes back to July 2015, but it is nevertheless an interesting, more unusual stat, which is summarized below:

1200x1200bf-60.jpg

1. Taylor Swift, '1989' (*) - 9.38M page views

1200x1200bb.jpg

2. Adele, '25' - 8.93M page views

1200x1200bb.jpg

3. Beyoncé, 'Lemonade' - 8.71M page views

1200x1200bb.jpg

4. Taylor Swift, 'reputation' - 8.23M page views

1200x1200bb.jpg

5. Taylor Swift, 'folklore' - 6.96M page views

1200x1200bb.jpg

6. Taylor Swift, 'Lover' - 6.59M page views

1200x1200bb.jpg

7. Rihanna, 'ANTI' - 6.04M page views

1200x1200bb.jpg

8. Taylor Swift, 'Taylor Swift' (*) - 5.77M page views

1200x1200bf-60.jpg

9. Taylor Swift, 'RED' (*) - 5.62M page views

1200x1200bb.jpg

10. Taylor Swift, 'Midnights' - 5.37M page views

(*)  signifies album released prior to July 2015.

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Honorable mentions:

If we only included albums released in the timeframe this tool covers (July 2015 till now), then these three albums would complete the top 10:

1200x1200bb.jpg1200x1200bf-60.jpg1200x1200bb.jpg

Taylor Swift, 'evermore' - 4.64M page views

Billie Eilish, 'WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO?' - 4.16M page views

Taylor Swift, 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT' - 4.10M page views

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Any surprises?

michael-jackson-reading.gif

Justice for Head Above Water by Avril Lavigne 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

1989 Wikipedia page has ALWAYS been a banger wbk, the WAY I'm still in awe of that era whew!

I still find myself binge-reading the article from time 2 time

spacer.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tost1 said:

Taylor Swift stans being chronically online confirmed

Only further confirmation of what we already knew. :coffee2:

In addition, Swifties have genuinely infiltrated the community of Wikipedia editors, so I reckon a good part of these views also come from these editors constantly reviewing and adding new things (+ the professional folks having to verify any biased or flat-out ridiculous edits). Particularly unserious how each one of her albums has a 'Legacy and Impact' subsection. It would be fair game if it wasn't so stan-driven, nearly exclusive to Taylor, and for the most part based on fluff pieces (because it's become extremely profitable to rave about Taylor Swift for easy engagement, let's not forget). Not to mention the embarrassing 'Post-review commentary' section of "THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT", though to be fair, it's merely reflecting the embarrassing real-life coddling from institutions, so can't really blame the editors for reporting it.

• Like 8
  • Confused 3
  • Thumbs Down 7

22 minutes ago, Moonlight Nation said:

Only further confirmation of what we already knew. :coffee2:

In addition, Swifties have genuinely infiltrated the community of Wikipedia editors, so I reckon a good part of these views also come from these editors constantly reviewing and adding new things (+ the professional folks having to verify any biased or flat-out ridiculous edits). Particularly unserious how each one of her albums has a 'Legacy and Impact' subsection. It would be fair game if it wasn't so stan-driven, nearly exclusive to Taylor, and for the most part based on fluff pieces (because it's become extremely profitable to rave about Taylor Swift for easy engagement, let's not forget). Not to mention the embarrassing 'Post-review commentary' section of "THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT", though to be fair, it's merely reflecting the embarrassing real-life coddling from institutions, so can't really blame the editors for reporting it.

"It's because Swifties are chronically online!!!!"

"It's because Swifties infiltrated the community of Wikipedia editors!!!!!"

Or could it be... hear me out... because there's just significantly more interest and demand for Taylor Swift?

Wild idea, I know!

Edited by The Music Industry
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Devin said:

questionable entries and interesting how wikipedia "allegedly" starting this in 2015. 

spacer.png

ugh I know. I wish this started in 2014 so the first full year of 1989's massive success wouldn't be missing from the data

spacer.png

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, The Music Industry said:

"It's because Swifties are chronically online!!!!"

"It's because Swifties infiltrated the community of Wikipedia editors!!!!!"

Or could it be... hear me out... because there's just significantly more interest and demand for Taylor Swift?

Wild idea, I know!

Or maybe it's a genuine combination of all these factors? 

I know Swifties don't do nuance, but it should be fair to acknowledge how the longtime intensity and hardcore obsession of the massive fanbase undeniably contributes to inflating her numbers to some extent. There's no such thing as 100% organic 'interest and demand', particularly one of this magnitude. People who grew up with her music and remained passionate fans went on to work for prestigious writing institutions and have the platform to influence public opinion as well as make their takes credible sources to be cited on Wikipedia. And from the 'Talk' pages for each of her albums it's clear there are Swifties among the editing team - which is fair enough, mind you.

This isn't discrediting her placements here, but just offering a reasonable additional explanation behind her having so many albums here.

• Thumbs Down 5

At this point, these lists should be accompanied by taylorless version (TV) so we can get a sense of how other artists are stacking up.

justice for Hounds of Love tbh I wonder if it got as many hits as my optimist stan ass hopes it did considering Stranger Thingies

I'm not even a Swiftie but how are you gonna accuse them of being online 24/7 when the wiki views : sales ratio reaches astronomical numbers only for that one album

yoncegif300contrast.thumb.gif.ec5fe8884d

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.