Sugababes shuts down entire area of West Holts Stage at Glastonbury AGAIN

xokuba

2 hours ago, HASHTAGPOW said:

TALENT :clap3:

Keisha sounds GOOD!

Why is my girl Siobhan flopping with her vocal. I need them to play her stunning solo materials...

Siobhan looks stunning, my god.

At least from the face up, the outfit is hideous.

4 hours ago, dumbsparce said:

Most 00s UK band reunions are shortlived for a quick buck so I'm perplexed as to what their end goal is since they've been going nonstop for over 2 years now. Do they want to keep doing shows and touring like a current band but without new material? Are they funding everything themselves which is why it takes longer for new music to come out?

2 years? They have been trying to comeback for a decade now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dumbsparce said:

Most 00s UK band reunions are shortlived for a quick buck so I'm perplexed as to what their end goal is since they've been going nonstop for over 2 years now. Do they want to keep doing shows and touring like a current band but without new material? Are they funding everything themselves which is why it takes longer for new music to come out?

They are doing this since 2019. And they perform new material here and there but it's mostly still riding the nostalgia wave as GP still catches on.

And yes, they are on a label but still somewhat independent and funding everything for themselves so that they can have more control over their output so that it doesn't end up like the 2013 album fiasco.

Edited by xokuba
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, dumbsparce said:

Do they want to keep doing shows and touring like a current band but without new material? Are they funding everything themselves which is why it takes longer for new music to come out?

Atomic Kitten did the same, but they never released new music, lol.

15 hours ago, dumbsparce said:

Obviously. There is simply no demand for their new music or headlining tour.

1 hour ago, NoAngelus said:

they've got the skills to deliver a great record which would definitely resonate with 90s and 00s kids.

even The Lost Tapes, songs most of us had for over a decade, did decently first week without physicals out.

They've got a deal with BMG now so an album is given and I'm sure it'll easily debut top 10

8 hours ago, prézli said:

Atomic Kitten did the same, but they never released new music, lol.

The most underrated girl group, I still listen to their songs a lot. I kind of wish we would get more unreleased songs from girl groups

The Atomic Kitten Rate - WINNING SONG/VIDEO ANNOUNCED | Page 65 | The  Popjustice Forum

5 hours ago, HASHTAGPOW said:

FINALLY ABOUT YOU NOW :clap3:

I literally have chills omg 

also, this Miranda Cosgrove rock version really translates soo good in a live setting 

They were so fun and entertaining. I was at the front row and there was a guy next to me, he wasn't fan girling or anything but there were TEARS in his eyes. Must've been a religious experience for him and I can fully understand that. 

21 hours ago, Nashe said:

they've got the skills to deliver a great record which would definitely resonate with 90s and 00s kids.

even The Lost Tapes, songs most of us had for over a decade, did decently first week without physicals out.

They've got a deal with BMG now so an album is given and I'm sure it'll easily debut top 10

I know they are capable, I adore TLT, but that doesn't change the fact that there is no demand.

They didn't even sell 1k in first week nor in the first week with physicals.

The fact that there was no demand was pretty much visible when they dropped OT remastered and it sold like 2k and break down of sales showed us that pretty much same 600 fans bought it digitally, on cd and vinyl. 

On 6/30/2024 at 2:29 PM, NoAngelus said:

I think they are trying to reintroduce themselves as current artists who there would be demand for.  It's hard, because nobody really sells in the UK anymore outside of a few big names and they have no legacy pop acts outside of boybands.  Your usual nostalgia act isn't doing a Boiler Room set like they did. If I were them, I'd try to get in with urban/club crowd to try re-establish their indie cred, with some collabs. The indie press would start buzzing about them and generate some interest in new music.  Make it seem organic to young audiences.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.