Normani explains disappointing album rollout with "Dopamine"

rosesbloom

"I feel like there's been so much prior to even the rollout that has kind of affected the outcome and, like, the result of. I think we were doing the best that we could with the cards that we were dealt.. In terms of the business, on my behalf, things could've been handled more responsibly."

"My team switched, which was for the better by the grace of God. In real-time, it didn't feel really good, especially with trying to put this album out and that feeling like yet another roadblock. So there's been plenty of times where I really didn't see the light at the end of the tunnel. And I wasn't sure how (DOPAMINE) was gonna come out."

Edited by rosesbloom
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

An album without any promo, no visuals, weirdest rollouts and no physicals at all but managed to sell 12k is not that bad. She has potential, wrong label though

• Like 6

Everyone seems so hard on her and she doesn't deserve the pressure. It's like she constantly has to explain why she's not doing certain things. It's very condescending and dehumanizing.

I hope she can get to a place where she and her team feel motivated to push her in a way that works. I'm rooting for her and wishing her the best.

Edited by PrettyHurts
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 4

16 minutes ago, xluvxduffxmusicx said:

Idk, this is too vague.

Maybe she doesn't want to come out and drag her label and former management for mishandling her? Not everyone is brave enough to do something like that. That isn't her personality. 

• Like 2

It seems like her management really messed up a lot for her. That alone can cause a lot of label issues if your middle man is an unhinged psycho as we've seen in those videos of Brandon 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, liquiddiamonds said:

She was done wrong. But we're sat for album #2

Damn let this album cook for a while it just came out like 2 weeks ago. :deadbanana2:

her label is trash for the roll out.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the album and I was her biggest hater 😭

Honestly this just reads as her admitting she f*cked around and the label stepped in and swapped her team to make an album happen after a ton of delays.

Didn't help to wait to finally release it when everyone and their Mama was releasing. It came and went because there was simply too many other releases it got lost in all the noise.

Maybe had she released at the beginning of the year when it was quiet or something it could have done better.

53 minutes ago, Onyxmage said:

Damn let this album cook for a while it just came out like 2 weeks ago. :deadbanana2:

She looks tired of it. It seems she was sat on it for years and just needed to find a way to put it out. I actually want an era from her that she's hungry and releasing stuff as she wants 

• Thanks 2

It's annoying that we're in an age of oversharing so a lot of y'all get mad and act like brats when ppl try to professionally and calmly explain things. 

She doesn't have to spill the beans because context clues determine that her management held her back for many years. 

She knows what it's like to get bullied and held back on the internet and in her professional life. You can tell she's trying to remain as professional as possible while telling y'all that she got ****** over. 

Yet some of y'all still try to bully her, it's tired.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

these labels need to start investing in doing proper album campaigns and rollouts its horrendous 

• Like 1

It's sad that fans need an explanation like that. It's obvious and we've known forever that the artist themselves has such minimal control- ESPECIALLY someone at her level who's just getting her start

• Like 1

Sometimes as fans, we need to just be fans and support the artists we're invested in. Trying to understand the business side of things is not for us. 

• Like 5

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.