Variety praises Sabrina's rollout; Shades Katy

Walk_Away21

The pop rollout is a tricky thing to nail. And few, lately, have done it better than Sabrina Carpenter.

Something, here, recalls what Katy Perry once referred to as her own "soft-serve sexiness": It's a gleefully innocent raunch, delivered with a wink that brings everyone, Carpenter included, in on the joke. (The "Nonsense" outros are either stupidly intelligent or brilliantly dumb, and they're always delivered with slyness and control.) A key difference with Perry, though, is the overarching sense of strategy and cohesion. Perry, when launching an album — as she's currently doing, showing up in Paris in a dress with a 100-yard-train bedecked with the lyrics sheet for her next single — will try just about anything. (Most notably, perhaps, was her 96-hour "Big Brother"-style livestream promoting the 2017 album "Witness": It was a can't-look-away spectacle that seemed, ultimately, to do little for the music.

https://variety.com/2024/music/columns/sabrina-carpenter-short-n-sweet-album-rollout-campaign-1236049669/

• Haha 6

The media is so sick for never being able to praise and uplift one woman without belittling and shaming another.

katy absolutely deserves the lashings, but it doesn't need to come from professional media outlets just to  platform an upcoming female artist.

• Thanks 10
  • Thumbs Down 1

lol this is so dumb. sabrina doesn't need to do anything right now cause she's effortlessly smashing. katy is trying to make a comeback after two disastrous eras so she obviously needs to put more effort in and get her name out there again to build hype

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Challenge: speak well of a woman without comparing her to another woman.

Those misogynistic articles are always creating drama, pitting women against each other. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, shyboi said:

we love Katy, a washed up publication ain't changing that :clap3:

• Haha 6

14 minutes ago, PoisonedIvy said:

The media is so sick for never being able to praise and uplift one woman without belittling and shaming another.

katy absolutely deserves the lashings, but it doesn't need to come from professional media outlets just to  platform an upcoming female artist.

I mean I had to clickbait a bit :fan: But it wasn't really a mean spirited article. The bolded part was the "worst". The article was basically about how everyone other than Taylor is employing different strategies. Like they compared Dua going all out with singles and performances compared to Billie dropping the album all at once.

Edited by Walk_Away21

all of this is pure nonsense, nobody gives a **** about

if the music is good it will smash, if it's bad it will flop. very simple.

I heard snippets of katy's new music, sounds niche and out of touch. that's where things are starting wrong

I for one think it's cool that pop girls are doing different things to promote their thing which is what I don't get why some of you hags complain about, drag some girls that don't leave their house to promote their music and abandon the eras but you also complain and drag the ones who actually try to promote because it's not done in the way you want to...

• Thanks 2

Variety lol. 

Another irrelevant publication using Katy's name for clicks. 

Her power is too much. 

Incidentally, Sabrina was lately called out by another publication for her obvious autoplay payola on Spotify. 

Edited by Yes, AND
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

48 minutes ago, Thor said:

She won't

And neither will her rape apologist stans :gaycat5:

are you okay honey??

OKHs promoting a misogynistic article cause it serves their narrative! :clap3:

35 minutes ago, Yes, AND said:

Her power is too much. 

What power? She hasn't been relevant in over a decade :bibliahh:

Edited by TayDuaStan
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, schnetzka said:

I've been seeing lots of people praising Katy for her promotional tactics this past week.

were all those people on ''ATRL.net"? 

:ryan3:

19 minutes ago, TayDuaStan said:

What power? She hasn't been relevant in over a decade :bibliahh:

Yet here you are checking on her daily. 

• Haha 1

dddddddddd this era is actually interesting to watch :lmao: 

will she smash again? or will she bomb harder than smile and witness? :deadbanana2:

32 minutes ago, AMIT said:

were all those people on ''ATRL.net"? 

:ryan3:

Actually, no. I am seeing it on a variety of different forums.

2 minutes ago, schnetzka said:

Actually, no. I am seeing it on a variety of different forums.

Sadly gay forums hype doesn't translate in success in the real word so

Edited by Julia Fox

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.