Weirdly produced songs?

PerfectCure

For example, I always found this song overly compressed. It does not sound clear no matter what headphones you're listening to it with.

What are yours?

The vocals are sewn into the instrumental very strangely, sometimes you can hear her burping (3:16).

It's just that the whole song was made to **** off, as if in 5 minutes.

Terribly processed and loud vocals, the production is like a dumpster.

Edited by Bends

A lot of Britney songs, actually. When i was listening to some of her deep cuts out of curiosity i was surprised at how weird some of her beats/production choices were.

Sometimes it works (If I'm Dancing) sometimes it's atrocious (Mannequin).

• Thumbs Down 2

1 hour ago, illia said:

This one takes the cake

Looking at how weird and basic this production is, it was a wild risk to release it

If the meme had not taken off back then this would've been a joke of a track

Weirdly produced as in the quality itself/sounding bad or as in just sounding weird (but in a good way)?

For the former I'd say 'Thread' by Poppy (unreleased for a reason) and for the latter I'd say Pantomime by WJSN (the song structure is weird but it works great for me)

Edited by Illyboy

24 minutes ago, LegaMyth said:

Why so much noise?

This made me remember the time Poppy put out an EP called "Music to Scream To" which was all just noise (edit: like the actual thing written after "Genre" in wikipedia is "noise", apparently it's a genre called like that :stare:)

Edited by Illyboy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Illyboy said:

Weirdly produced as in the quality itself/sounding bad or as in just sounding weird (but in a good way)?

For the former I'd say 'Thread' by Poppy (unreleased for a reason) and for the latter I'd say Pantomime by WJSN (the song structure is weird but it works great for me)

The former. Not many songs put out by major labels have faulty production which is why I thought this could be a fun thread topic :pool:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.