Sarah Michelle Gellar boards Dexter: Original Sin

chosensparkles

Sad and fascinating how David B. has been on TV since Buffyverse while Sarah has had one cancelation after the other since then. 

The projects she chooses are certainly... interesting. I mean is this really the best she's being offered?

1 hour ago, prettyinpink940 said:

The projects she chooses are certainly... interesting. I mean is this really the best she's being offered?

well, what do you think she's turned down

10 hours ago, Shelter said:

Probably taking what she can get. I don't get how she can't land a good role. She is still a big name. 

Nowadays maybe, but back in the late 00's I'm sure she had better options to choose from. But well, since she did a revival for Cruel Intentions, go and do a Buffy one already.

Buffy The Vampire Slayer GIF by Pop TV

2 hours ago, Migs said:

Nowadays maybe, but back in the late 00's I'm sure she had better options to choose from. But well, since she did a revival for Cruel Intentions, go and do a Buffy one already.

She really doesn't wanna do a Buffy revival… Anyway it would be hard to bring back Spike and Angel as the actors naturally aged & Joss Whedon has been cancelled…

I don't get how people are blaming her for making bad choices in picking roles. :confused: She's clearly taking what she can get. There are actors with more recent success in the past 5-10 years that still struggle to get good roles. Look at the PLL and TVD actors. It's been 20 years since SMG has had a hit movie and the show that put her on the map ended. And she was never an A-Lister or a big name, but the show had am extremely dedicated cult audience and she had great name recognition among teens and young adults. That hasn't been the case since 2004. 

20 hours ago, Lion said:

I agree with your take, she needs to rebuild her resume… I'd like to see her do some fun indie movies as well.

I completely forget about the 2 shows you added to my post. And I found another one. I truly wish her luck changes.

TV Shows

- The Wonderful Maladys (not picked up)

- Ringer (canceled)

- The Crazy Ones (canceled before Robin's suicide)

- Cruel Intentions (not picked up)

- Sometimes I Lie (not picked up)

- Other People's Houses (not picked up)

- Hot Pink (not picked up)

- Wolfpack (canceled)

Movies

- Southland Tales

- The Return

- Happily N'Ever After

- Suburban Girl

- The Air I Breathe

- Possession

- Veronika Decides to Die

1 hour ago, Inverted said:

I don't get how people are blaming her for making bad choices in picking roles. :confused: She's clearly taking what she can get. There are actors with more recent success in the past 5-10 years that still struggle to get good roles. Look at the PLL and TVD actors. It's been 20 years since SMG has had a hit movie and the show that put her on the map ended. And she was never an A-Lister or a big name, but the show had am extremely dedicated cult audience and she had great name recognition among teens and young adults. That hasn't been the case since 2004. 

I completely forget about the 2 shows you added to my post. And I found another one. I truly wish her luck changes.

TV Shows

- The Wonderful Maladys (not picked up)

- Ringer (canceled)

- The Crazy Ones (canceled before Robin's suicide)

- Cruel Intentions (not picked up)

- Sometimes I Lie (not picked up)

- Other People's Houses (not picked up)

- Hot Pink (not picked up)

- Wolfpack (canceled)

Movies

- Southland Tales

- The Return

- Happily N'Ever After

- Suburban Girl

- The Air I Breathe

- Possession

- Veronika Decides to Die

Oh yes, forgot about Hot pink lol

I think after The Crazy Ones, the best move would've been to take supporting roles in established projects (like Dexter) instead of a lead role in a teen show (Wolf pack)

21 minutes ago, Lion said:

Oh yes, forgot about Hot pink lol

I think after The Crazy Ones, the best move would've been to take supporting roles in established projects (like Dexter) instead of a lead role in a teen show (Wolf pack)

I think so too. Guest roles (one episode or if she gets lucky, maybe multi-episode arcs) on big shows like Law and Order: SVU, Young Sheldon, FBI and its spin offs, Blue Bloods, Grey's Anatomy, NCIS and its spin offs, Ghosts, etc. might be possible for her. She still has some name recognition. 

18 hours ago, El Nino said:

Sad and fascinating how David B. has been on TV since Buffyverse while Sarah has had one cancelation after the other since then. 

They took different approaches. David was known only for Buffy and Angel, Sarah had successful movies so she went for Hollywood career, but at the time Hollywood wasn't so welcoming of tv stars.

11 hours ago, Migs said:

Cruel Intentions would be awful and Buffy is a big no for me. Revivals don't work well. It's a shame Reese can't get her a role in BLL or something. 

2 hours ago, Shelter said:

Cruel Intentions would be awful and Buffy is a big no for me. Revivals don't work well. It's a shame Reese can't get her a role in BLL or something. 

Buffy is my all-time favorite tv series, but season 7 was lazy af. It could use a better conclusion.

buffy s7 is underrated.

and it's way better than the messy comic sequel seasons. 

7 hours ago, Migs said:

Buffy is my all-time favorite tv series, but season 7 was lazy af. It could use a better conclusion.

I think it ended well? What else could they have done really. The new slayers were annoying though and it definitely had major flaws. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.