Sarah Michelle Gellar boards Dexter: Original Sin

chosensparkles

Sarah Michelle Gellar (Wolf Pack, Buffy the Vampire Slayer) will boss around a certain serial killer in training in Dexter: Original Sin. In a special guest starring role, Gellar will play Tanya Martin, the CSI Chief at the Miami Metro Police Department and Dexter Morgan's (Patrick Gibson) new boss.

The 10-episode original drama series from Paramount+ With Showtime, set in 1991 Miami, follows Dexter, a student who is refining his killer skills with the help and support of his adoptive father Harry (Christian Slater). In his dad, he finds solace and understanding, especially as his bloodthirsty urges grow and can no longer be ignored. As his only confidant, Harry teaches Dexter a code that's designed to help him find and kill people who deserve to die — all while avoiding getting caught by law enforcement. This is a particular challenge for young Dexter as he begins a forensics internship at the Miami Metro Police Department.

This will be Sarah's first new acting project since Wolf Pack last year which got cancelled after 1 season due to the writers/actors strike last Spring/Summer

https://deadline.com/2024/06/sarah-michelle-gellar-cast-dexter-original-sin-1235984477/

• Like 2

• ATRL Moderator

Love to see her booked, but I need her to book an original HBO series next (or join White Lotus S4).

• Like 8

She desperately needs a new proper hit, I am rooting for her :emofish:

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

Love to see her booked, but I need her to book an original HBO series next (or join White Lotus S4).

hopefully next time, I'm glad she's not taking 5 years before getting a new gig after WP got canned

I've been saying she needs to board an established IP project for years! Hopefully she can build off from there, so excited 🤓

• Like 2

:jonny5:

Please let this one be good :clownny:

New Blood was garbage and should have never happened :angry:

• Like 1

I've never watched the OG Dexter, but this is exciting for her. I've been wanting her to make a proper comeback for awhile.

• Like 2

She always picks bad projects since Buffy so I'm not going to have any expectations.

• Like 3

I'm happy she's doing what she wants, but she DESPERATELY needs a new manager that helps her return to form (if she wants to). I love my girl but she's committed to starring in terrible projects.

I think this is a good move. She should aim for guest spots and recurring roles in popular TV shows or supporting roles in streaming movies. I'm sure she'd get small offers and there's nothing wrong with that.

She's been aiming for starring roles since The Grudge (her last hit) and they've all have been failures. She's probably not getting many lead role offers so she should change her strategy instead of taking lackluster roles.

TV Shows

- The Wonderful Maladys (not picked up)

- Ringer (canceled)

- The Crazy Ones (canceled before Robin's suicide)

- Cruel Intentions (not picked up)

- Wolfpack (canceled)

Movies

- Southland Tales

- The Return

- Happily N'Ever After

- Suburban Girl

- The Air I Breathe

- Possession

- Veronika Decides to Die

Edited by Inverted

Loooove SMG but I doubt this will be any good. She really needs a part in a season of White Lotus or something that will actually challenge her instead of these procedural dramas.

Also this is the 3rd thing I've seen about this today that describes her joining the cast as "boarding" - what the f*ck? :priceless:

The OG is a cult, this could be potentially good as well, sure it sounds already better than 'Wolf Pack', too bad it's just a guest starring role but it's a start for better roles hopefully.

2 hours ago, Inverted said:

I think this is a good move. She should aim for guest spots and recurring roles in popular TV shows or supporting roles in streaming movies. I'm sure she'd get small offers and there's nothing wrong with that.

She's been aiming for starring roles since The Grudge (her last hit) and they've all have been failures. She's probably not getting many lead role offers so she should change her strategy instead of taking lackluster roles.

TV Shows

- The Wonderful Maladys (not picked up)

- Ringer (canceled)

- The Crazy Ones (canceled before Robin's suicide)

- Cruel Intentions (not picked up)

- Wolfpack (canceled)

-Sometimes I lie (not picked up)

-Other people's houses (not picked up)

Movies

- Southland Tales

- The Return

- Happily N'Ever After

- Suburban Girl

- The Air I Breathe

- Possession

- Veronika Decides to Die

I agree with your take, she needs to rebuild her resume… I'd like to see her do some fun indie movies as well.

I love SMG but since The Grudge it seems like she has chosen only terrible projects to star in. Ringer was quite good and had potential, but the rest has been pretty weak. To make matters worse, recently she's aiming for a spin-off or revival of something. C'mon, girl! You're talented and can do better.

• Like 1

She's been overdue for a successful project with longevity for so long, but her door isn't being knocked with such offers unfortunately. 

Always rooting for her though. 

Love her so i'll be seated even if it's just a guest starring role

2 hours ago, Migs said:

I love SMG but since The Grudge it seems like she has chosen only terrible projects to star in. Ringer was quite good and had potential, but the rest has been pretty weak. To make matters worse, recently she's aiming for a spin-off or revival of something. C'mon, girl! You're talented and can do better.

Probably taking what she can get. I don't get how she can't land a good role. She is still a big name. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.