Katy gets asked about the producer choice by a fan

Young In Love

I hope the media has this same energy in future interviews too, maybe that will make her think about her choices a little.

• Like 2

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gettsleazy

• halcyonday

• KatyPrismSpirit

• TitanicSurvivor

29 minutes ago, Rodrighost said:

Not liddos being the most vocal anti "abuser enablers" when their fave was humping on a long time known rapist who was actually found guilty on national tv multiple times :rip: among many other things. Let's be real, it's not like you stopped supporting her until her 6 years late apology.

There are lots of abuse survivors in need of help, what about actually help them??

yeah and unlike katy, she distanced herself from the abuser, learned and apologized

7 hours ago, SmittenCake said:

Nope

But this behavior is only going to extend the conversation and have people talking more about Luke than Katys single. People who aren't aware will eventually catch a whiff and continue to dogpile on her. You go outside. 

Lemme LAUGH at you people for thinking alienating twinks is a good thing since no one else is checking for KP. Female pop stars need their Queer audiences most. 

You seem to be checking on her every hour. 

• Thumbs Down 2

what a mess. Imagine the song being written and produced by Bonnie and Max, era saved literally :devil: it's about time big news outlets and podcasts start to catch up on this.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Communion said:

Genuinely unwell. To think someone is trying to take something (chart positions :rip:) from your enjoyment and not that Katy has made your time as a fan awful by choosing to align herself with Kesha's rapist. 

It is interesting to me that there wasn't a peep out of you when Mariah worked with Luke. Her remix elevated the song to the top 10. 

Where were your essays then ? Genuinely curious. 

• Thumbs Down 1

I'm surprised her stans aren't more angry with Katy herself. She kinda ruined everything by choosing Dr. Luke when she had so many cooler or less problematic producers to choose from. She's rich AF, hiring expensive producers wouldn't have been a problem. 

Also, there's some things you just can't defend. It's not worth it to look foolish defending shitty decisions made by a fave. That's when you just shake your head and opt out. :toofunny3:

Also, I'm still baffled she'd do this to Kesha. Even if an old colleague had this happen to them, I'd go out of my way to not work with their rapist out of basic respect. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

33 minutes ago, Jacobdaniel said:

yeah and unlike katy, she distanced herself from the abuser, learned and apologized

She will continue working with problematic people, R. Kelly is not the only one, this is why I stopped being a Gaga fan a long time ago

-          Akon (2008)

-          Perez Hilton (2008-2011)

-          Marilyn Manson (2009)

-          R. Kelly (2013)

-          Terry Richardson (Gaga let him document her life for one full year and even released a book about it, super disgusting)

-          Wrote a song about John Wayne (2016)

-          Jon Peters (2018)

-          Jared Leto (2021)

-          Gaga's Stylist (2022)

-          Richy Jackson (2022)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 4

2 minutes ago, nostalgic said:

That shady French twink I love him :bibliahh: pleez Ketty

yet 20 seconds before he hugged her and took a selfie? :skull:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

The funniest thing about this whole pearl clutching for working with Dr Luke by online stans is that they are the biggest bullies on the internet. :deadbanana2:

• Thumbs Down 4

43 minutes ago, Jacobdaniel said:

6 years later. And yall didn't stop supporting her and weren't harrassing her out there. Anyways, I don't want to deviate the conversation, was just pointing out the hypocrisy.

OT: why wait for her to enter the car to ask? :rip: I'm sure she is already well trained to answer

• Thumbs Down 1

15 minutes ago, Solar said:

what a mess. Imagine the song being written and produced by Bonnie and Max, era saved literally :devil: it's about time big news outlets and podcasts start to catch up on this.

Then we wake up and see that it's actually produced by Dr. Luke, Rocco Did It Again & Aaron Joseph… :rip: 

The credits are featured on her youtube. 

I hope this flops big time.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, gettsleazy said:

If Kim Petras/Saweetie were big enough artists, I'm sure people would be calling them out publicly and in-person. Katy is a massive exception to the rule because 1.) she sought him out 2.) she's a high profile megastar that actually has the ability to bring him back into the mainstream pop production sphere. 

Our vitriol is directed at her because she's platforming him, simple as that. He's largely been in the shadows and working with no-names, and she's the first major pop star to publicly work with him, and proudly. 

But I thought this was going to be the biggest bomb of the century ? 

Surely the biggest bomb of the century wont make any difference to the future of mainstream pop production. 

Please decide. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

1 minute ago, Yes, AND said:

But I thought this was going to be the biggest bomb of the century ? 

Surely the biggest bomb of the century wont make any difference to the future of mainstream pop production. 

Please decide. 

Y'all are so boring and tiring. At least the Kim Petras fans were delusional and illiterate enough to keep things fun. 

22MT.gif

• Haha 7
  • Thumbs Down 1

10 minutes ago, eleganceislearned said:

I'm surprised her stans aren't more angry with Katy herself. She kinda ruined everything by choosing Dr. Luke when she had so many cooler or less problematic producers to choose from. She's rich AF, hiring expensive producers wouldn't have been a problem. 

Also, there's some things you just can't defend. It's not worth it to look foolish defending shitty decisions made by a fave. That's when you just shake your head and opt out. :toofunny3:

Also, I'm still baffled she'd do this to Kesha. Even if an old colleague had this happen to them, I'd go out of my way to not work with their rapist out of basic respect. 

It really makes you think about how far this kind of parasocial relationship will go and the damage stan culture will do to one's brain. Like imagine letting all critical thinking and values aside to defend a woman who's willingly choosing to work with an "allegedly" women abuser just to make more mid music. Like, I don't care what the GP thinks, how YOU (the fans) can still support this? And I don't mean just Katy, but you can't support this song without supporting him too. I really don't get it.

If it was just fans defending her from negative comments about a bad song produced by anyone else I'd kinda understand because to each their own and what's bad for me might not be bad for you. But this... Anyone supporting this is vile and disgusting (and the ones attacking *his* victims deserve hell too).

• Like 6

1 hour ago, State of Grace. said:

Funny how users like @halcyonday and @KatyPrismSpirit went from holding her accountable and being all "we're still fans but she's wrong and she deserves to be dragged!" to....."she's still innocent! yall are twinks! gay men always in women business! leave katy alone!"

:suburban:

? I was literally refering to a tweet that expressed how people are acting like SHE is the one who sexually assaulted someone at this rate. And all I have literally done in this thread is calling out hypocrisy in the actions of people protesting against katy and for people to not single out Katy in their protests of Dr. Luke. I'd assume anybody with compassion would agree that this is fair?

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, gettsleazy said:

Y'all are so boring and tiring. At least the Kim Petras fans were delusional and illiterate enough to keep things fun

22MT.gif

Good to know that Kesha, her rape, and it's implications are providing fun for you. Well done on exposing yourself as someone who really couldn't care less about Kesha and this is all just for internet Kiis. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 9

2 minutes ago, Yes, AND said:

Good to know that Kesha, her rape, and it's implications are providing fun for you. Well done on exposing yourself as someone who really couldn't care less about Kesha and this is all just for internet Kiis. 

Yeah, sure, whatever. I totally don't care about Kesha and her wellbeing. I actually hate her and I'm a secret Dr. Luke stan posting nonsense to make her look bad. You got me!

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

8 hours ago, popstyle said:

Kesha fans are not gonna ruin this for us. Im so tired of them!! The song will be a hit.

:redface:

8 hours ago, TitanicSurvivor said:

She deserves every single dime of hate she receives 

Hate? For not disowning someone with whom she's had a professional relationship for 20 years, because of a decade-old unproven accusation that she has no direct knowledge of? I would save my hatred for more worthy targets.

Also, a reminder of Kesha's most recent and final public statement on the matter:

kesha-and-dr-luke-announce-they-have-set

Edited by PoisonPill
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 6

2 hours ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Doja cat is inarguably bigger than Katy now. I'd make the same argument about Nicki Minaj. And yes! I'm bringing up J. Cole again! Where were the gays in front of his hotel calling him out? Or is the vitriol just against Katy? And you can't use the "But Kesha and Katy were friends" argument now since the fan specifically asked her "why are you working with Dr Luke". 

Let's be real for a moment: it's because urban music fans aren't triggered or bothered by these controversies in the same way. Katy's fanbase is largely white millennial women and gays who engage in cancel culture and virtue signaling. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, Digitalism said:

Some people here calling the gays on the video the GP :rip:

Absolutely one of the most ridiculous things ive ever read on this site. The gp doesnt even know what a dr luke is

Edited by KatyPrismSpirit
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, santlei said:

-          Wrote a song about John Wayne (2016)

not this bop catching strays :lmao:

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.