Katy gets asked about the producer choice by a fan

Young In Love

Just now, gettsleazy said:

... because SHE hired him. What's not clicking djdnddhddnnddhdj :deadbanana2:

And she will forever be innocent at the end of the day, unfortunately he is still a music producer and they have a collaborative history. Why are the dapper gays not going out of their way to dr luke's place calling him out? Why camp out in front of Katy's hotel and bombard her with criticism, pretending she's the transgressor when other artists arent being held to the same standard. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 16

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gettsleazy

• halcyonday

• KatyPrismSpirit

• TitanicSurvivor

18 minutes ago, gettsleazy said:

I'm so tired Alfred

Screenshot_20240520-080400_Gallery.jpg.b

it's really ha or you just joking? :rip:

5 hours ago, SmittenCake said:

Nope

But this behavior is only going to extend the conversation and have people talking more about Luke than Katys single. People who aren't aware will eventually catch a whiff and continue to dogpile on her. You go outside. 

Lemme LAUGH at you people for thinking alienating twinks is a good thing since no one else is checking for KP. Female pop stars need their Queer audiences most. 

Nobody I know in real life knows who Katy Perry makes music with or who Dr Luke is. Most know about Keshas court battle dotn know who it's about 

32 minutes ago, Jay07 said:

Does Gaga making shitty decisions make Katy's decisions less shitty? Again, no one knows if she fired him or not but we know Katy ran back to Luke for a hit (which won't be happening anyway). Stop deflecting.

And for what it's worth Gaga fans are the first to condemn her shitty decisions instead of cheering her (or even worse, Richy) on.

And who said that one is less s*it than the other? I didn't say that. I insist, both deserve to be reprimanded (especially the men they still work with). And you say that Gaga's fans are the first to condemn her sh*tty decisions, well to them I applaud, to them I haven't said anything. If you read my comments in this thread properly, you will notice that I have addressed the hypocrites, the ones who treat Gaga like a saint and say Gaga has integrity. The mode doesn't matter, they both work with rapists. 

Edited by bliaz
  • Like 2

Just now, KatyPrismSpirit said:

And she will forever be innocent at the end of the day, unfortunately he is still a music producer and they have a collaborative history. Why are the dapper gays not going out of their way to dr luke's place calling him out? Why camp out in front of Katy's hotel and bombard her with criticism, pretending she's the transgressor when other artists arent being held to the same standard. 

If Kim Petras/Saweetie were big enough artists, I'm sure people would be calling them out publicly and in-person. Katy is a massive exception to the rule because 1.) she sought him out 2.) she's a high profile megastar that actually has the ability to bring him back into the mainstream pop production sphere. 

Our vitriol is directed at her because she's platforming him, simple as that. He's largely been in the shadows and working with no-names, and she's the first major pop star to publicly work with him, and proudly. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 4

Just now, gettsleazy said:

If Kim Petras/Saweetie were big enough artists, I'm sure people would be calling them out publicly and in-person. Katy is a massive exception to the rule because 1.) she sought him out 2.) she's a high profile megastar that actually has the ability to bring him back into the mainstream pop production sphere. 

Our vitriol is directed at her because she's platforming him, simple as that. He's largely been in the shadows and working with no-names, and she's the first major pop star to publicly work with him, and proudly. 

Doja cat is inarguably bigger than Katy now. I'd make the same argument about Nicki Minaj. And yes! I'm bringing up J. Cole again! Where were the gays in front of his hotel calling him out? Or is the vitriol just against Katy? And you can't use the "But Kesha and Katy were friends" argument now since the fan specifically asked her "why are you working with Dr Luke". 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Just now, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Doja cat is inarguably bigger than Katy now. I'd make the same argument about Nicki Minaj. And yes! I'm bringing up J. Cole again! Where were the gays in front of his hotel calling him out? Or is the vitriol just against Katy? And you can't use the "But Kesha and Katy were friends" argument now since the fan specifically asked her "why are you working with Dr Luke". 

Doja was locked in a contract like Kesha. She signed before the allegations. I'm not going to bully someone who is likely being abused like Kesha was. 

I've done nothing but drag Nicki and will continue to do so. It's not my fault her fans are dense and don't care to show up at her hotel and bug her about it. 

J. Cole deserves all the lashings but he's a man in a male-dominated music industry. You tell me how that one works out with hunting him down and calling him out in public. He probably doesn't even know who Dr. Luke is.

These people were fans of Katy. It's shitty and sucky but it's just a fact of the matter that pop listeners are more socially inclined than other genres, and you can't get mad that her own fans are publicly calling her out. It's certainly not Kesha fans since y'all keep throwing that lame shade about how there's only 3 of us. You think Tom and I are booking flights to France to harass her? Even I don't care that much. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, TitanicSurvivor said:

It's the only logical conclusion, I fear :rip:

• Haha 3

Just now, KK_Lover said:

Do we have proof of what Luke did to Kesha?

Of what?

That he abused Kesha? Plenty.

That he raped Kesha? Not literal evidence of the rape, but plenty of evidence that undermines the narrative of his defamation case.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, TitanicSurvivor said:

There is a fun mathematical solution to determine if a user is an Alfred dupe:

0 posts + LQ Britney/Kim/Housewives avi + Dr. Luke praise(Kesha has no fans + Kesha's last album tanked) / "I want all of us to get along" = Alfred dupe

Edited by gettsleazy
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, gettsleazy said:

There is a fun mathematical solution to determining if a user is an Alfred dupe 

0 posts + LQ Britney/Kim/Housewives avi + Dr. Luke praise(Kesha has no fans + Kesha's last album tanked) / "I want all of us to get along" = Alfred dupe

Stanning Kardashian family and luke's kid bopz is................. a choice :deadbanana2:

1 minute ago, gettsleazy said:

Doja was locked in a contract like Kesha. She signed before the allegations. I'm not going to bully someone who is likely being abused like Kesha was. 

I've done nothing but drag Nicki and will continue to do so. It's not my fault her fans are dense and don't care to show up at her hotel and bug her about it. 

J. Cole deserves all the lashings but he's a man in a male-dominated music industry. You tell me how that one works out with hunting him down and calling him out in public. He probably doesn't even know who Dr. Luke is.

These people were fans of Katy. It's shitty and sucky but it's just a fact of the matter that pop listeners are more socially inclined than other genres, and you can't get mad that her own fans are publicly calling her out. It's certainly not Kesha fans since y'all keep throwing that lame shade about how there's only 3 of us. You think Tom and I are booking flights to France to harass her? Even I don't care that much. 

I didn't claim it's only Kesha fans bashing Katy. I understand that the criticism is coming from other people too. However, I think it's important for you and the other Kesha stans here especially, to try to understand my perspective as well?

You acknowledged that men get away with such behavior because of their dominance in the industry. If fans can camp outside hotels to express their anger towards Katy, why haven't they done the same for men like J. Cole? This inconsistency highlights my point that the backlash against Katy is partly because she's a woman and an easier target, which is simply unfair.

You can feel free to critize but it's fair to recognize the double standards at play. Criticizing Katy should be part of a broader effort to address the industry's issues, not just singling her out…

Which is exactly what everybody on this site is doing. And it's just tiring.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, State of Grace. said:

Funny how users like @halcyonday and @KatyPrismSpirit went from holding her accountable and being all "we're still fans but she's wrong and she deserves to be dragged!" to....."she's still innocent! yall are twinks! gay men always in women business! leave katy alone!"

:suburban:

• Haha 2

I need this song to flop into oblivion cuz it's just wrong on so many levels, like how has she not been cancelled already? Working with Luke, Balenciaga… :skull:

• Like 1

she should stand on her business and publicly defend dr. luke and her decision to work with him.

running from the question, acting like the allegations against him don't exist is kinda pathetic

• Like 1

Kittens have done NOTHING but deflect deflect deflect since it was revealed she had returned to puke. You keep saying "but what about so and so" when it has been shown to you repeatedly that ATRL called out all the other acts who worked with puke post Kesha's revelations. 

Get it through your DENSE heads that your fave not only returned to said abuser but wrote a WOMAN'S EMPOWERMENT ANTHEMN with a man who has abused and bullied countless female artists in the industry. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 8

A rapist having songwriting credits to a song about women's empowerment is still crazy to me. This is basically a slap to Kesha's face

• Like 3

Not liddos being the most vocal anti "abuser enablers" when their fave was humping on a long time known rapist who was actually found guilty on national tv multiple times :rip: among many other things. Let's be real, it's not like you stopped supporting her until her 6 years late apology.

There are lots of abuse survivors in need of help, what about actually help them??

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

48 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Artists who have been lashed for their connection to unsavory people:

- Nicki Minaj (everyone)

- Taylor Swift (Matty Healy)

- Drake (everyone)

- Kim Petras (Dr. Luke)

- Doja Cat (J Cyrus + others)

- Ariana Grande (Spongebob)

- Selena Gomez (Zionists)

There are undoubtedly more but this is just a short list of recent events to end your failing victim "b-but she's the only one getting attacked!!!" She's actually not special at all which is why she won't get special treatment and WILL be lashed just like these other celebrities were.

15 minutes ago, Rodrighost said:

Not liddos being the most vocal anti "abuser enablers" when their fave was humping on a long time known rapist who was actually found guilty on national tv multiple times :rip: among many other things. Let's be real, it's not like you stopped supporting her until her 6 years late apology.

There are lots of abuse survivors in need of help, what about actually help them??

Why deflect? Gaga was ****ing awful for doing that but I guess she tried to make amends eventually, that's something but it'll always be an ugly, ugly mark on her career. Both parties can be, and are, in the wrong.

However, if we want to frame what Katy's currently doing in Gaga terms as an example, Gaga would have had to: 

1.) Hide away the R. Kelly collaboration, then bring it back randomly once the commotion died down

2.) Collaborate with him on Till It Happens to You, highlighting her hypocrisy by working with a serial abuser on a song addressing sexual assault

3.) Ignore all controversy surrounding the collaboration entirely, even after 6 years, never addressing her faults

4.) Be close friends with someone like Aaliyah who was a victim of R Kelly's heinous crimes and predatory behavior, but still go through with the collab anyways

Both girls are wrong for what they did, and I'm not interested in arguing who did worse, but I'm tired of Kats trying to deflect when other artists are not the topic, while also ignoring the fact that Katy's stance is somehow that bad that it's not even entirely comparable to other artists' scandals of similar magnitude and subject matter.

Edited by Relampago.
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 7

I had hoped the katyclowns were in a better place now than a few threads ago when I saw them show up being purposefully obtuse and displaying questionable morals.

It is sad, yet predictable that they would continue to victim shame and support abusers for the sake of their fave getting a hit or two. It is in my heart to forgive and I will keep them in my prayers.

Aqn4.gif

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

37 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

Funny how users like @halcyonday and @KatyPrismSpirit went from holding her accountable and being all "we're still fans but she's wrong and she deserves to be dragged!" to....."she's still innocent! yall are twinks! gay men always in women business! leave katy alone!"

:suburban:

Where did I say she's innocent? I only called out twinks as not a good example of GP. :rip:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.