Katy gets asked about the producer choice by a fan

Young In Love

Katy is never gonna give an answer as to why she worked with him. Lbr. Whatever promo she does will be on those super sterilized late night shows of Jimmys or whatnot or that bald Apple guy who pretends that even a fart is the greatest piece of music ever created.

These Parisians who asked only wanted clout but that doesn't make her choice any less inexcusable.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gettsleazy

• halcyonday

• KatyPrismSpirit

• TitanicSurvivor

Katy Perry won't give an answer for the same reason why Lady Gaga won't give an answer as to why she is still working with her dance choreographer on tour and her shows, despite him being accused of sexual assault and abuse. Sometimes pop girls have to resort to desperate tactics for business related reasoning. And Katy unfortunately is no other.

• Like 8
  • Thumbs Down 2

3 hours ago, State of Grace. said:

Funny how users like @halcyonday and @KatyPrismSpirit went from holding her accountable and being all "we're still fans but she's wrong and she deserves to be dragged!" to....."she's still innocent! yall are twinks! gay men always in women business! leave katy alone!"

:suburban:

Ouuu clock that tea

:suburban:

2 hours ago, Solar said:

what a mess. Imagine the song being written and produced by Bonnie and Max, era saved literally :devil: it's about time big news outlets and podcasts start to catch up on this.

Not the Bonnie sneak, hot city is unlistenable :lakitu:

• Thumbs Down 2

2 hours ago, Yes, AND said:

It is interesting to me that there wasn't a peep out of you when Mariah worked with Luke. Her remix elevated the song to the top 10. 

Where were your essays then ? Genuinely curious. 

And how would you even begin to make this assumption?

Screenshot-2024-06-27-at-8-22-23-PM.png

Screenshot-2024-06-27-at-8-22-33-PM.png

?

mts-meg-squinting.thumb.gif.10fe4c2f9a89

Edited by Communion
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

I used to read the site. And I don't recall these reactions when Mariah openly talked about working with Luke on a live. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Did the guy at the end say "rilly skitchee" with a very heavy accent?

Damn. Even the Latino community is out to get her. It's not good.

2 hours ago, PoisonPill said:

Hate? For not disowning someone with whom she's had a professional relationship for 20 years, because of a decade-old unproven accusation that she has no direct knowledge of? I would save my hatred for more worthy targets.

Also, a reminder of Kesha's most recent and final public statement on the matter:

kesha-and-dr-luke-announce-they-have-set

I'm confused… Kesha released a statement that she can't recount what happened that night and they reached a settlement….. 

Why are we even having this discussion 💀

• Thumbs Down 3

11 hours ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Us Katycats are the most resilient people on EARTH.

Y'all to Katy.

2 hours ago, PoisonPill said:

Hate? For not disowning someone with whom she's had a professional relationship for 20 years, because of a decade-old unproven accusation that she has no direct knowledge of? I would save my hatred for more worthy targets.

Also, a reminder of Kesha's most recent and final public statement on the matter:

First, Dr. Luke was not suing Kesha for any claims related to her non-sexual abuse in this defamation lawsuit. There were lots of allegations, examples and evidence related to how he abused Kesha verbally, mentally and emotionally throughout their working relationship contained in Kesha's original lawsuit. Dr. Luke decided to ignore those claims and only focus on the sexual abuse claims a.k.a the rape incident in his defamation lawsuit (which is very telling). Therefore, Kesha did not have to defend herself against such claims and they are thus not covered by the settlement statements. I'd go as far as saying Luke simply casting the non-sexual abuse claims aside is almost a concession that they are substantially true.

Second, terms like "unproven accusation" are highly misleading. An "unproven accusation", just like the phrase "Dr. Luke has not been found guilty", implies an acquittal or a favorable jury verdict (in a civil case) that is potentially upheld on appeal. But there is no such thing because Dr. Luke decided to settle his own case instead. He could have gone to trial and tried to secure a jury verdict in his favor,  but instead he settled at the last minute once the legal landscape became more difficult for him to prevail. One can not use the settlement against Kesha who never had an interest in being a defendant in this lawsuit to begin with, let alone go to trial. In fact, if Dr. Luke had let her out of her contract at any point in time between 2005 and 2014, she wouldn't even have filed her own lawsuit. The stakes are totally incomparable. An "unproven accusation" that is "unproven" for procedural reasons because the plaintiff is willing to settle pre-trial is not the same as an "unproven accusation" that has been found to have no merit in the eyes of the court or a jury.

Third, even the settlement statement does not exonerate him because - as I have said before - it is totally consistent with Kesha's story (namely, being unconscious while Dr. Luke raped her because he had drugged her before). Critically, the phrase "I can not remember everything" (not anything) alludes to the many facts which Dr. Luke does not even dispute. For example, he does not dispute that Kesha and him attended the same party and slept in the same hotel room. Likewise, Kesha does clearly remember (according to her deposition) that she felt as if she had been sexually assaulted after she woke up the next day and calling her mother 8 times to tell her precisely that (which is also documented). The notion of Kesha's settlement statement being some sort of "vague" statement is actually not true at all, it only looks that way because it "highlights" the fact she was unconscious while Dr. Luke raped her and does not mention the undisputed facts and things Kesha does clearly remember. It is intentionally crafted that way because this is what Dr. Luke was bargaining for in the settlement negotiations, but that does not accurately reflect the circumstances.

• Like 8

7 hours ago, dawnettakins said:

One does the work and at least acknowledges her past mistakes, the other doesn't say sh*t and in fact goes behind her ex friend's back and shows all her morals by running BACK to an alleged rapist for a paycheck. 

the levels of deflection to defend gaga. i guess that using your flawed logic, we have to wait 6 years then. if katy shows any regret by 2030, she's forgiven and suddenly has morals again :bibliahh: mind you gaga did even worse going as far as addressing the r. kelly allegations during the artpop rollout saying that the allegedly victims were saying "untrue things" about him and that they bonded over that. it took over half a decade for her to address the situation - and she only decided to say something during her oscar campaign lol where that topic was clearly affecting her chances at getting the award if she decided to remain silent about it. 

i won't defend katy's decision to work with dr. luke and she deserves the lashings she's getting but little monsters should sit this one out, it's embarassing to act like some of them are acting rn when that's your favs historic. 

Edited by georgechxng
  • Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, Communion said:

And how would you even begin to make this assumption?

Screenshot-2024-06-27-at-8-22-23-PM.png

Screenshot-2024-06-27-at-8-22-33-PM.png

?

mts-meg-squinting.thumb.gif.10fe4c2f9a89

I think you can read this forum without have an account.

She is so stupid, I'm still saying we should wait for the credits song to be out to drag her, but here we are.

We need to stop blaming Kesha fans, there are only like 3 of them. Kesha fans (3 people) are not the GP so it isn't the twink in that video. 

• Like 1

@Yes, ANDOh my Gawd, 2022 besties *^*. 

@Tistotal Yeah like ATRL is public anyone can see it. Like didn't Fergie find the queen that leaked her things on ATRL? Three fans *gasps*  don't do the poor sis like that.

Edited by Phaunzie

2 hours ago, Yes, AND said:

I used to read the site. And I don't recall these reactions when Mariah openly talked about working with Luke on a live. 

So now it's gone from you not remembering seeing "any of these reactions" from anyone while first making a silly assumption specifically about me? Are you going to go back to claiming how emotional cheating is someone as bad as rape on this dupe? Y'all better be careful. I already got your good friend Bryce knocked out. :celestial5:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, PoisonPill said:

Let's be real for a moment: it's because urban music fans aren't triggered or bothered by these controversies in the same way. Katy's fanbase is largely white millennial women and gays who engage in cancel culture and virtue signaling. 

This is now the 2nd time you've said this and both times it comes off as far-right nonsense. 

Maybe no one is going to Nicki Minaj and asking her to explain working with a rapist producer because she's already married to a sex offender and not "wokeness". :rip:

Is it meant to be a convincing defense to argue that Katy Perry has the same moral compass as her peer who threatened her felon husband's victim? That's what you want for Katy, to be grouped with the woman whose husband gets joked on for not being able to live near schools? :rip:

It's almost like Katy is largely getting heat because she's literally the only relevant person choosing to work with him despite his star and resume shrinking since being outed as a rapist.

Screenshot-2024-06-27-at-10-48-58-PM.png

Or maybe you'd like to tell everyone reading who the hell exactly "Lourdiz", "Snow Wife", "LU KALA", "glaive", "Big Boss Vette", "Quinn XCII", etc. are supposed to be?

Edited by Communion
  • Like 6

13 hours ago, Tylerbv said:

"I won't let sexual assault get in the way of my enjoyment of a 2012 generic reject!"

girl shut up

@SylMacPer i would love to hear why you downvoted ♥️ 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PoisonPill said:

Let's be real for a moment: it's because urban music fans aren't triggered or bothered by these controversies in the same way. Katy's fanbase is largely white millennial women and gays who engage in cancel culture and virtue signaling. 

I can't believe we have sunk to referring to calling out a rapist "virtue signalling". Can this flop and be over with, I'm losing all faith in humanity and some people are obviously beyond help.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, georgechxng said:

the levels of deflection to defend gaga. i guess that using your flawed logic, we have to wait 6 years then. if katy shows any regret by 2030, she's forgiven and suddenly has morals again :bibliahh: mind you gaga did even worse going as far as addressing the r. kelly allegations during the artpop rollout saying that the allegedly victims were saying "untrue things" about him and that they bonded over that. it took over half a decade for her to address the situation - and she only decided to say something during her oscar campaign lol where that topic was clearly affecting her chances at getting the award if she decided to remain silent about it. 

i won't defend katy's decision to work with dr. luke and she deserves the lashings she's getting but little monsters should sit this one out, it's embarassing to act like some of them are acting rn when that's your favs historic. 

Is this true? No wonder she keeps working with problematic people :biblio:

EDIT: omg it is true :deadbanana2:

At a press conference in Japan in 2013, Gaga defended the collaboration, saying: "R Kelly and I have sometimes had very untrue things written about us, so in a way this was a bond between us.

Edited by santlei
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

16 hours ago, popstyle said:

Kesha fans are not gonna ruin this for us. Im so tired of them!! The song will be a hit.

I have been rooting for katy since bon appetit, but she ruined it herself by picking him. And for THAT song at that. :rip: 

I couldn't stan someone this stupid.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dumbsparce said:

Katy is never gonna give an answer as to why she worked with him. Lbr. Whatever promo she does will be on those super sterilized late night shows of Jimmys or whatnot or that bald Apple guy who pretends that even a fart is the greatest piece of music ever created.

PLS

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.