Do you sometimes buy tickets to concerts and then decide not to go day of?

prettyinpink940

A concert always sounds great months before, then the day of there is always something else I'd rather do that doesn't involve crowds of people and overpriced drinks. 

I almost had this situation last month, i also already bought the train tickets, and was like "i'm not really in the mood", because i also had to travel for like four hours and no one wanted to come with or had time. But i'm glad that i went, i was standing pretty close to the stage and the concert was great.

Edited by Kevin2803

No, but I only ever get tickets for acts I really really want to see.

Part of it is that my city doesn't directly get a lot of shows I want, so my tickets are usually for other cities (either a couple hours' drive away or as like a mini vacation if it requires a flight). Once I make that decision, it's a pretty firm commitment.

The one time I had a ticket and missed out ended up being one of Sky Ferreira's good shows, at least from the videos a friend sent me. She started late, but did the full set and sounded really great. Sadly I got super nauseous on the drive down and had to pull off the highway to throw up about halfway there :gaycat6:

No, why would I? Tickets are expensive.

• Like 4

I have been like eh I'm not in the mood but luckily concerts are in my city so I'll put them for resale on ticketmaster lol

The only time I ever bailed was on Hanson.

I don't regret it.

Even if I don't feel like doing it on the day, I go anyways because it was probably expensive :skull: 

I rarely go to concerts so if I get a ticket on my hands I'm already very determined to go. 

Only time I didn't make it to a concert was Kim Petras in Feb 2020 (reasons beyond my control).

would have been fun to go but I haven't lost sleep over it :suburban:

Once, when the original April concert date was rescheduled to the beginning of January.  The day of, I didn't feel like driving multiple hours or staying in a hotel. I was warm and cozy in bed :bibliahh:

No, I'm cheap and I only buy tickets for artists I really like.

Im not a fan of concerts :gaycat2: when i see everyone excited about tours im like mehhhhhhhh..........I want albums,singles and videos instead :gaycat3:
I always take artists touring like my break of them. 

I think im a minority cause gays really love concers. They spend huge sums on em :gaycat2: 

Edited by AvadaKedavra
  • Like 1

And that's always why I make sure to take the day off after a concert as well. I never feel like going the day of, but I'm always insanely happy that I did in the moment. I'll be thinking, though, how I'd rather just chill at home catching up on a television show. Also, I wouldn't originally feel like driving wherever, parking and walking to the venue, then standing in line and then being surrounded by all of those people. But, like always, I realize I'm surrounded by other fans of that artist and that energy just takes hold over me—especially when the concert actually starts.

Even if you're forcing yourself to go. Just go.

• Like 1

I brought Taylor tickets back in 2015 front row almost. $1000 and because she kept dropping new dates I got the wrong day and missed it and couldn't even get my money back. I hated her for the longest time after that till reputation 

And now look at her :gaycat7:

But anyways no concerts are my happy place but guess depends on Artist. I'm seeing Allday all through August in different cities and I know id be excited either way. With Jonas Brothers I was but once I got there and saw the show I was so happy I got tickets.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.