Julia Fox defends industry plants: "It's funny how they only say that about women"

Julia Fox

4 hours ago, VerdantHue said:

I understand where you are coming from but what can you or I do about industry plants.

I think the GP is already more aware of nepo babies and industry plants

It's becoming pathetic to support them

I think in 5-10 years the music industry will be more decentralized than it is now

As a woman, not everything is "misogyny." People say most artists who blow up are industry plants because they don't understand what an industry plant means so they take it as "act that's backed by a label and became very successful and I don't personally like."

• Like 1

z0B7OGP.thumb.gif.a559c784c604b8ff705055 

so she's defending sabrina carpenter

I agree the term industry plant is ******* stupid. Almost all of our faves' labels are doing whatever they can to insert their artist and promote everywhere they can. The entire point of marketing at a label is to shove their artists in your face - it's their JOB. I find the concept of the term just weird to debate in pop music. 

how much people actually end up consuming an artist is something else, but you cannot fault labels' for trying.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.