Meghan McCain wonders if karma is coming for Taylor Swift

rosesbloom

"Earlier this month, Swift dropped three new variants of her latest album, The Tortured Poets Department, in the U.K., which helped secure a sixth week atop the U.K. albums chart. The limited-time deal helped secure sales to stave off competition from Charli XCX's new album, Brat. Swift was accused of using similar tactics in the U.S. last month to keep Billie Eilish's album, Hit Me Hard & Soft, from the top of the Billboard 200."

"You are Taylor Swift, you are Elvis-level, one of the greatest of all time," McCain said on her podcast. "I do think if you are rounding the bases of being 35 & you are the greatest ever and there are people coming up who could have their first No. 1 & you have the power to let them have No. 1 or not. … I just don't know how classy it is."

"I also think that, karmically, you're messing with some stuff. I get that TTPD is doing this well … but I do think maybe more focus on music & art instead of, like, checks on a scoreboard."

"She has, respectfully, nowhere else to go but down at this point," said McCain. "She has TIME's person of the year, this tour's so big … I do think when she's done touring, giving us a mild break from being in the news cycle as much as she is would be helpful for her, and us as commentators."

"McCain also said she finds it a "little weird" that Sabrina Carpenter said she spoke to Swift — whom Carpenter has opened for on the Eras Tour — about appearing in a recent campaign for Kim Kardashian's SKIMS shapewear line."

"Was she scared of retribution from Taylor Swift or Taylor Swift's fans?" McCain questioned. "I think we're treading into weird territory — we're river-rafting down & there's some weird rapids coming in this Taylor Swift territory."

"I think that's kind of weird … otherwise, what would Taylor Swift do? Hurt her in the middle of the night? Put her fans on her?"

Edited by rosesbloom
  • Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 2

she should think about all the karma coming from her while daddy is burning in hell 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Even if karma came for Taylor she would still find a way to work it to her advantage. It's why she never loses. 

feeling it GIF by The Kennedy Center

• Like 2

Karma is a cat. And cats don't come to you when you call them (unless there s food) . So I guess not. Haha

At what point did the music industry shift from a system where artists had to earn their achievements through hard work and talent to now this mindset some people have where they expect it to be given to them by already successful bigger artists? 

Meghan is so bitter and this almost sounds like projection.  She went from co-hosting the biggest show on daytime TV to being a DailyMail columnist and podcaster.  I guess she had nowhere else to go but down. :eli:

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.