Republicans in Congress push to end No Fault Divorce

GhostBox

• ATRL Administrator

These people are ridiculous. If I wasn’t able to get my annulment I’d still be stuck in a horrible, loveless marriage. This whole having to “prove” something wrong is absurd. 

• Like 6

Republicans are truly evil. The fact that all of them hide behind a religion to support these type of disgusting laws tells you all you need to know about religion. We should start helping the brainwashed people, that is the only way out of this.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, spree said:

exactly what is no fault?

When neither person cheated and they just want to end the marriage based on irreconcilable differences

I think this is gonna backfire because it's gonna be incredibly unpopular even with the republican voters

Edited by Illuminati
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, spree said:

exactly what is no fault?

You used to have to have a reason for divorce in order to obtain one. No fault means that no one was at fault. 

Edited by Horizon Flame

So sick of these people, they are truly EVIL and have a clear agenda to make life hell for anyone non-white/straight/cis/male.

I'm also sick of their enablers, and that includes the people who downplay this stuff, and say it's "just words", or that it's too crazy to catch on. Open your eyes!! A big chunk of the voting population has been eating up extreme right wing rhetoric for decades via AM talk radio, blogs, FOX, randos on YT, etc., so when MAGA/all of this rhetoric came around, they were already very ready to absorb it all in and go mask-off.

Edited by rabbitmoon

On 6/25/2024 at 5:23 PM, Illuminati said:

I think this is gonna backfire because it's gonna be incredibly unpopular even with the republican voters

If lots of media coverage goes to the stupid and deeply unpopular radical GOP positions like this, it will make all the difference in the crucial suburban demo and with independent + undecided voters. But that's assuming that people actually hear about radical positions like this, and I'm not sure that people really are aware. 

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator

I’ve had arguments with uber religious people about whether divorce should be legal or not. It sounds impossible to believe, but terrifyingly there are people that think divorce shouldn’t be allowed even in the case the infidelity.

Regardless, it’s a completely backwards idea and likely would only encourage people to avoid marriage even more. 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.