Katy Perry was warned

SmittenCake

Even if that's not true it's kinda of logic that there was going to be a backlash if she worked with Luke, you don't need a warning to know that, she literally stopped working with him in Witness and Smile because of that, but I guess after those two flops there wasn't much to loose considering he could finally give her another hit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TomTom

• iHype.

• ChooseyLover

• Communion

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Katy get dragged to court over claims that that she got assaulted by Luke as well, and she had to testify that she was in fact not assaulted? I'm pretty sure I read that transcript years ago. Also, this was around the time text messages of Kesha and Gaga bad mouthing Katy got leaked? So if that was the case I can see why she would be less inclined to go against her main collaborator in solitude with a woman who spread a false story that she was r-worded.

Regardless, like has been said above, it is wild to read the room this badly and make a female empowerment anthem with someone whose image is this stained in the public eye, so she kinda made her bed with this one.

• Thanks 4
  • Thumbs Down 7

One of the craziest self sabotages we had  in a minute :deadbanana2:

Edited by Katamari
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, dopamina said:

Not a Mariah stan :suburban:

Of course you post an edited audio. That YouTube account is owned by someone who has been banned 12+ times from atrl.

and my point is that she is doing ALL of this just to end up with…that song. The deflection is crazy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

Of course you post an edited audio. That YouTube account is owned by someone who has been banned 12+ times from atrl.

and my point is that she is doing ALL of this just to end up with…that song. The deflection is crazy.

Is that taustin kdkdhdksb 

2 minutes ago, Katamari said:

Is that taustin kdkdhdksb 

Yes :rip: 

he stanned the guy in that profile pic and that YouTube used to be named "suburbannature" with my old avi. He's psychotic.

• Haha 5

This era is so doomed 

all for a top 50 peaking song :skull: 

26 minutes ago, TheCheshireCat said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Katy get dragged to court over claims that that she got assaulted by Luke as well, and she had to testify that she was in fact not assaulted? I'm pretty sure I read that transcript years ago. Also, this was around the time text messages of Kesha and Gaga bad mouthing Katy got leaked? So if that was the case I can see why she would be less inclined to go against her main collaborator in solitude with a woman who spread a false story that she was r-worded.

Regardless, like has been said above, it is wild to read the room this badly and make a female empowerment anthem with someone whose image is this stained in the public eye, so she kinda made her bed with this one.

That is correct, she gave a testimony in court. I think she was brought as a witness by Kesha's team, but I could be wrong. 

• Thumbs Down 5

1 minute ago, Selena's Bad Liar said:

Kesha is a liar that's why she lost the case. Leave Katy alone you tired bottoms.

No one knows what happened besides those two. We shouldn't call Kesha a liar. 

• Thanks 1

Katy perry has ALWAYS been carried by the GP. The same people who dont care who anyone works with as long as the song is catchy. As long as she has radio support and the song isnt absolutely horrible she can get a top 10. :michael:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Selena's Bad Liar said:

Kesha is a liar that's why she lost the case. Leave Katy alone you tired bottoms.

Kesha hasn't "lost" any case. Also @Ryan.

Edited by TomTom
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

47 minutes ago, TheCheshireCat said:

didn't Katy get dragged to court over claims that that she got assaulted by Luke as well,

I could be remembering wrong,  but Katy was always going to go to court because it was who Luke asked her into court as a character witness. That's why Kelly Clarkson, Adam Levine, and a myriad of other people were called into court whether by Luke or Kesha's team. Luke was trying to paint a picture that being accused of rape caused him undue financial harm (thus the basis of a defamation suit, him ultimately failing to prove defamation in a court of law) and Katy gave deposition that was friendly to his claim as she claimed the backlash made her avoid him for Witness. Kelly for example simply told the truth that her choice to not work with him had to do with his horrible behavior in the studio. 

The texts - where Kesha vents to Gaga that she's overwhelmed because she thinks Katy had a similar experience (based on what a record exec told Gaga & Kesha together) and wishes she could ask her about it yet feels she can't due to negative interactions two had previously - leaked later on after depositions were given because Luke pushed for them to be unsealed despite likely knowing the contents of Gaga and Kesha's conversation.

It's very odd she wanted to work with a man who would ask her to go into court for him despite ultimately embarrassing her in a legal mess. 

Edited by Communion
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Ofc her team warned her, because I can't imagine anyone would, in good faith, advise her that working with a rapist is a good idea. 

It's wild 2 weeks ago we were all rooting for her. Then we heard the snippet only for it to sound bad and now deciding to work with your "friends" r*pist on a woman empowerment song like? Was she not apart of the court case too? So whether this article is true or not she was obviously aware of the choices she was making.. If she had Max Martin and other good producers why exactly did she need Luke? I love rooting for all the 2010 pop girls but I don't even care how the music sounds anymore her desperation has led to new lows that I never could have fathomed she is just so dumb..

• Like 7

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.