• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sunbathinganimal

• Alexz

• MonsterNavy

• joyjoy

I'm not saying Camila is a musical genius, but has any artist who doesn't have an ideal/liked public persona ever had an album been reviewed incredibly well? I feel like so many of these reviews went into this project with a "Camila is not someone we should like" mindset. So many of the talking points are vapid narratives that have been parroted on Stan Twitter the past few months (like the comparison to Charli, when the music and, as quiet as it's kept, the aesthetic is so far from Charli). On the other side of the coin, I've noticed some "critical darlings" will get praise no matter what, even if the music is questionable. 

• Thanks 4

I feel like she does this with multiple albums, like she is inspired by other artists but when she creates songs inspired by those artists, they come off like a lazy parody, she doesn't reinvent them & make it her own. 

I think the producers did the heavy lifting (cause the production and the sounds are very different and very good imo) and because this image is biting off of so many other ppl, she just fades into the background cause you're too busy thinking about other artists when you hear the material. 

I think that's why majority of these reviewers are turned off, because she is pretending to be other artists thinking it's gonna get her somewhere. I think in her head she thinks well so and so got good reception for writing this way or doing this so why can't I do the same?

Transitional record is perhaps the best way to describe it. It's all over the place and yet she strikes hard in all of them. I'm not sure how well this will do commercially but I think making this record is the right call for her so that she isn't pigeonholed. Pretty excited where she will take it for her next era!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sunbathinganimal said:

added to OP :suburban:

Oh but you didn't answer my question? lol. Metacritic added it to their website but the overall rating for the album didn't change. Shouldn't it be lower now? That's why I was wondering if it counted or not. :laugh:

Just now, remming said:

Oh but you didn't answer my question? lol. Metacritic added it to their website but the overall rating for the album didn't change. Shouldn't it be lower now? That's why I was wondering if it counted or not. :laugh:

ma'am I don't know the answer to your question try here https://metacritichelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.