Could this upcoming award season by the most entertaining/iconic in years?

Gwendolyn

ATRL, HERE ME OUT

michael-jackson.gif

Watching videos about award show countdowns and iconic moments made me realise that this past year of music has been the most exciting in years:

• Seasoned Pop veterans have been dropping music: Beyonce, Taylor, Ariana, Nicki, Shakira
  • The rise of new Gen Z pop girls such as Chappell and Sabrina rising from flopdom to stardom, Tyla dropped her new album and Billie released her best album to date
  • Charli released BRAT and we finally got Normani's debut album.
  • Rap has had an amazing year with Kendrick killing Drake's career with Euphoria and Not Like Us, Megan preparing to release her 3rd album and Vultures 1 a collaboration album by Kanye West and Ty Dolla Sign
  • Country is still a stronghold in the charts (no comment).
  • We still have more big things coming in the next few months

I could fit in way more; to see how packed this year was I checked the Wikipedia article https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_2024_albums

All I'm saying is, this year in music may help make the award shows more interesting, newer artists are starting to make bigger splashes and we're more likely to see newer iconic performances and give more energy to shows (especially the VMAs). The Grammys are going to be a bloodbath this year too. 

What do yall think?

Edited by Gwendolyn

Just now, Gwendolyn said:

Rap has had an amazing year with Kendrick killing Drake's career

Kendrick did not kill Drake's career. They just released diss songs that profited both sides at the end and that was it.

• Like 4

Just now, Kayseri Mantisi said:

Kendrick did not kill Drake's career. They just released diss songs that profited both sides at the end and that was it.

I was exaggerating but I agree :rip:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yes, there's potential for some entertainment, but we need the celebs to actually ATTEND the shows.

Last year's VMAs were already the best since 2018 (admitedly a low bar to clear), so imagine if they got Beyoncé, Kendrick, Ari, Taylor, Billie and all the new girls to attend. We deserve some MESS. :jonny:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

I agree with the first sentence. Drake gained absolutely nothing from being called a pedophile on a #1 hit though. Let's be serious :WAP:

My favourite artists are either dead or don't have commercial success so I can't enjoy something if none of the artists I like are involved :gaycatney6::gaycatina1::gayliyahcat1::gaynetcat4::gayriahcat1:

Edited by ChooseyLover
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Virgos Groove said:

Yes, there's potential for some entertainment, but we need the celebs to actually ATTEND the shows.

Last year's VMAs were already the best since 2018 (admitedly a low bar to clear), so imagine if they got Beyoncé, Kendrick, Ari, Taylor, Billie and all the new girls to attend. We deserve some MESS. :jonny:

It's the 40th anniversary so MTV better be planning to go all out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Grammys will be a bloodbath: Bey vs Billie vs Taylor vs Ariana and then you can include the rising stars like Sabrina and Chappell joining the convo :jonny: and then Gaga if she releases in the eligibility period.

7 hours ago, Fitzswiftie said:

It's the 40th anniversary so MTV better be planning to go all out.

Judging by how they treat their legacy, watch them announce they're deleting the masters to all the previous shows. :dies:

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

It's definitely the perfect storm for one of more memorable award seasons. I'm really looking forward to the rest of the this year, and the beginning of next, to see who all else releases and how everything ultimately comes together for the culture.

• Like 1

Yes so much great music has been released by big veteran artists plus rising newer stars 

I hope the VMAs becomes more relevant again because I need to see Beyonce, Taylor, Ariana, Nicki, Billie, Charli, Tyla. Chappel, Olivia, Sabrina etc all in one building and interacting :jonnycat:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.