Dove Cameron teases 21 track album

kyliefever2002

Who?

Nobody asked for that

• Thumbs Down 1

Well, release it.

I'm sure it will go along with the world tour she's been teasing for a decade now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oh no she got caught up in the epidemic of bloated albums. 

alchemical was great, can't wait:clap3:

better thave a feat with Damiano

If I was riding Damiano, I would also get inspired to write 21 songs :clap3:

Edited by Freaky Prince
  • Haha 1

I predict 5 of these will probably end up on a throwaway EP released at the end of next year and that's being generous...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Really wonder why we didn't get an album in 2022 when Boyfriend blew up.

The new Normani. The amount of likes for that post compared to how many are gonna stream/buy… We-

4 hours ago, nooniebao said:

Yeah that was like the best time

Also will never get why she pulled all her old songs. Sabrina benefits a lot from having a back catalog.

• Like 4

another album that we will never get, I would like for her to prove me wrong but let's be real, it's not gonna happen

Looks like this has NOTHING to do with Alchemical, and is a completely new project.

i hope volume 2 still is released cause id hate for her discography to have a volume 1 without a volume 2 

My other queen is coming!!!!

22 hours ago, kyliefever2002 said:

in this new interview they talk about volume 2 as her upcming project release, so whats up

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/celebs/a61058945/dove-cameron-interview-2024/?src=dashhudson

Thank god! I thought she scrapped it!

She needs to release something asap, i think that Lethal Woman deserves better, it's TREMENDOUS

• Like 1

On 6/25/2024 at 5:17 AM, nooniebao said:

After several trial and errors on a debut album since she started being on Disney, she started working on a debut EP in 2021. Lazy Baby was released as the lead single of that project. Over time, the sound/theme/style of that EP evolved A LOT and then she released Boyfriend after the snippet went viral on TikTok. And when Boyfriend became her best-performing song/biggest hit, the team/label and her expanded the EP to a full album titled 'Celestial Body' (it was previously titled 'Whole Body' which was probably what the EP was called).

She revealed that there were 14 tracks on Celestial Body, she had the words tattooed on her hands, and shared like hundreds of snippets of different songs on TikTok and social media. In Dec 2022, she released "Girl Like Me" (which was the 4th single since (including) Boyfriend) and said that it was the final single before her album was out in 2023. Then in 2023, she did a few collabs that did not end up on the album. An interview for the very first of those collaborations, "We Go Down Together" (with Khalid), mentioned the album's title as 'Celestial Bodies', and that it was due for fall 2023. 

Then through 2023, the album again underwent a lot of changes/reworking and she also (coincidentally or not) teased a 21-track album on her Instagram. And then in the fall she announced 'Alchemical Vol. 1'. 8 tracks. She said that she divided the album into 2 parts: 'tear down' and 'rebirth' (IIRC). And that physicals would be available after part 2 is released; the whole album in one CD/vinyl so its more coherent. Part 2 was supposed to be out in early 2024 and she had Lolla LatAm + Estero Picnic gigs to promote the music, before a tour this year. But the slots were cancelled because of the album taking more of time commitment. 

I hope the album will finally be available in physical formats, she can perform more/do festivals, and there is a tour soon!

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.