• Exzime.

Just now, monologueNacafe said:

whoops

You can click ... on top of comments to hide/delete them :rip:

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, monologueNacafe said:

And Chloe isn't a dancer

JAHSJSJSJS NO BECAUSE LOWKEY YOU'RE RIGHT! :deadbanana2:

I'm glad you said it because I feel like I'm the only one that thinks that too, cause no one ever has the audacity to bring it up lmaoooo!!! She dances very sloppily unfortunately in comparison to Normani. In comparison to Bey too, so I always questioned the whole "she is Bey's predecessor" thing.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure she'll release the 'Candy Paint' video soon *AND* I will be shocked if we don't get a #Dopamine medley at this weekend's BET Awards .

On 6/25/2024 at 12:17 AM, toast said:

Obviously bc there was no promo.

The real question is why people who don't fw her music think there's anything to gain by constantly dragging/posting about her :coffee2:

She can do all the promo she wants and she still won't chart any higher. 

Normani had everything to be a well-established artist, she even had the industry at her feet and everyone was calling her the next Beyonce at one point. This album is really good but she has the absolute worst management team ever, not to mention she also didn't have any physical copies for sale... Not even vinyl, and let's be honest, pretty much no one buys digital albums anymore. Her team also failed to book her interviews...Does she even have a manager? I think the album did okay based on the fact she waited ages to release an album, lost all momentum and hype around her, zero promotion, zero physical copies. She also didn't give fans any incentive whatsoever to replay the album, and I don't think she has the kind of fanbase that will obsessively play her songs exclusively without any incentive.

This could be fixed if her team actually does something. The music is there but there's actually no excuse for why there aren't videos, physical copies, brand deals, performances and more interviews. They had 6 years :stare:

Edited by Mezter

On 6/25/2024 at 8:16 AM, Mariya Takeuchi said:

She's on the Light side which is ironic as she has a song called Lights On but nobody sees her here :rip:

Apparently, we all use the...

Of ATRL.

She has been working on the album for so long and she's been through difficult times during its creation process so I wouldn't be surprised that she decided to just release it and not promote so she can quickly move on to a new project. I wouldn't blame her.

Obviously the bulk of the issue comes down to the rollout/delays, but if we're being real, even if the rollout was good, this era probably was never gonna be anything impressive commercially.

The type of R&B Normani wants to make is not the type of R&B that is currently popular. The R&B space is currently made for raw, vibes based, singer-songwriter types. That's not her lane. 

Her best shot at commercial success was to occupy the pop lane folks originally wanted her slated in, but I'm glad she got to release something she wanted. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/24/2024 at 12:21 PM, Gwendolyn said:

Very depressing once again that social media hype has failed another black girl. People beg for more black pop girls but only give them twitter hype or hype them up in the Shaderoom comments, and likes but never listen to the damn music or buy the music. It only seems to work for white pop girls so far :deadbanana2:

I don't think her sales have anything to do with her skin color or sex! Many factors, but the wait was too long for music that is sub-par and not marketable enough. Besides Candy Paint, there are not enough bops and bangers on her album either for SUCH a long wait, I expected MORE from the music itself. I would have had more interest if there were and if she added all her droplets onto this project. It sounds like a safe 3rd album and it's not high energy enough to be called DOPAMINE.  

To quote others:

No physicals

No music videos

No pre-order

No performances

No more than 3 promo tweets

No TikTok promo

No Interest!

Edited by Mke1979
  • Confused 1

this is such a non event that i just found out her album was out... no noise on social media anything.... a week later even checking ATRL never saw this thread lol.

Sadly, I don't think promo would make much different, surely she can sell 30-50k with physicals but what she needs is her staple hit. A song that defines her in the gp and also enough album personality to attract new fans. See how Camila can have hits with no personality and as soon as the hit stops, she flop into oblivion. 

Normani is good but not as talented as her fans stated otherwise she would be the other Summer, Lana or Sabrina, start small with a loyal fanbase and profitable enough to have the label keep milking your work till it hits. The label will not make enough profit to cover those expensive promos they gave to her for Motivation and Wild side. Plus, she said she recorded 100+ songs, it means the label either paired for those sessionsssss or at least waste a lot resources and connections to have nothing.

On 6/26/2024 at 11:11 AM, monologueNacafe said:

whoops

Normani is a nobody and she is charting accordingly to her star power.

Now we know the answer… it debuted at number 91 to block Camila. 

Edited by Infatuation_Junkie

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.