Rosalía shades Karol G

k4rmabutterfly

12 hours ago, CocoPouf said:

And you have a delulu ***** in this very thread claiming Cataluña is a colonial territory of Spain because "they want to be free". And you have +10 ******* voting positive that comment lol. 

That's what made me laugh. They were a slave owning territory that abused, r-worded, traded, killed, tortured, etc almost 1 million African people cause the color of their skin to boost their own economy and feel superior. But somehow they aren't a colonial power? People are so... lmao. Anyone who gave that **** +1 just slow. Europeans be doing anything and everything to not acknowledge their participation and/or economic benefit from Chattel Slavery and the colonisation of Africa. 

Edited by Namie-Knowles
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DoubleRainbow!

• liquiddiamonds

• Thesedays

• CocoPouf

On 6/25/2024 at 4:03 PM, shakeyourbombom said:

A fact:clap3:

Rosalia has a diamond certification in Brazil while Karol G is hungry and failed to break into a non-Spanish Latin market.

Karol G's recent Brazilian show flopped.

And Karol G fans should stop lifting up their fave to Shakira's level because it's nowhere close. I didn't and will probably never see a non-latino or Spaniard Karol G fan in my life.

I mean, it sold 9k tickets, and tickets were hella expensive. Considering she doesn't even have a top-50 hit here, that's far from a flop. But yeah, Rosalia is definitely closer to being a household name in Brazil than Karol for now.

It's because mainstream Latino music in Brazil isn't really a genre people care about. You need something more to make it here. Despacito only became a hit here after the Justin Bieber version. RBD only became huge here because of the TV show. It's CONSIDERABLY more difficult to break Brazil as a Spanish-speaking act than breaking the US. For her to happen in Brazil, Shakira had to become fluent in Portuguese and worked her ass off doing every TV show you could imagine (back in 1997, when TV mattered).

So, the fact that Rosalia happened in Brazil is a testament that she indeed has something special in her. Unlike Shakira, she didn't even really go out of her way to have hits here and yet, she's doing better than most.

But Karol will eventually happen in Brazil because she's more than willing to do the work. She brought her whole ass stadium production here, even though she'd lose money by doing that (even if tickets sold out, she'd lose money because she was doing a stadium show in an arena-sized open-air venue) because she's hungry for success here. 

• Like 1

On 6/25/2024 at 2:07 AM, Trainwreck said:

She hasn't been relevant in México since Despecha, meanwhile Karol's been EVERYWHERE and had multiple hits including her collab with Shakira

Girl, Rosalia did a massive concert in Mexico City, and her Rauw Alejandro song was a top 15 hit lol. She's doing fine in Mexico lbr. Obviously, Karol, who does mainstream music catered to the masses, is probably more popular, but that doesn't negate Rosalia's success in the market.

not me seeing a news ticker about it on telemundo news :deadbanana2:

is this really a big story :deadbanana4:

I didn't know Con Altura, Despechá, and basically, all of Rosalia's most-played songs are not "mainstream". The ***** keeps trying to be as big as Karol G. 

And lol at the other delulu ***** thinking Rosalia is bigger than Karol G because she "has not a hit in Brazil". Nobody cares. 

I already said this, but seems people need to be reminded: 

Rosalia's entire Motomami tour made the same money Karol G did in ONE CITY: LA

20 hours ago, Namie-Knowles said:

That's what made me laugh. They were a slave owning territory that abused, r-worded, traded, killed, tortured, etc almost 1 million African people cause the color of their skin to boost their own economy and feel superior. But somehow they aren't a colonial power? People are so... lmao. Anyone who gave that **** +1 just slow. Europeans be doing anything and everything to not acknowledge their participation and/or economic benefit from Chattel Slavery and the colonisation of Africa. 

You have Catalonian colonial pride since like the XIX century, they even claim Cristobal Colon was from there. But now, in the XXI century, they are all "we are subjects of Imperial Spain". Give me a break. 

• Like 1

Karol's music is more commercial than Rosalia's, of course she's going to draw a bigger crowd. She has broader appeal... that's how it works.

That's like comparing a Taylor Swift concert to a Charli XCX concert.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CocoPouf said:

I didn't know Con Altura, Despechá, and basically, all of Rosalia's most-played songs are not "mainstream". The ***** keeps trying to be as big as Karol G. 

And lol at the other delulu ***** thinking Rosalia is bigger than Karol G because she "has not a hit in Brazil". Nobody cares. 

I already said this, but seems people need to be reminded: 

Rosalia's entire Motomami tour made the same money Karol G did in ONE CITY: LA

People keep trying to make us believe Rosalía is this amazing legendary singer but she just has a very specific cult following and she's not commercially successful by any means. :gaycat6: It just became cool to like her because a bunch of American celebrities praised her years ago. It's really annoying.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

On 6/23/2024 at 4:58 PM, Goddxss said:

why is she complaining when she stole arca's aesthetic and sound for motomami? :coffee2:

Motomami sounds nothing like Arca

The rosario and bicho fans are destroying each other on twitter. Its so funny :gaycat2:all the skeletons in the closet from both are coming out

Its time for the real goddess to come out and stomp all over the "problematic new stars" with an expanded edition of Las Mujeres Ya No LLoran

adRuSQQ.gif 

gKFouro.gif

Edited by AvadaKedavra
  • Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.