Rosalía shades Karol G

k4rmabutterfly

Los malinchistas defendiendo a la colonizadora :dies: Tengan tantita dignidad, agachados :ace: Defiendan su cultura y sus raíces, no a una Europea que viene a tomar como suyo lo que nunca ha sido de ella ni será jamás :tsk:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DoubleRainbow!

• liquiddiamonds

• Thesedays

• CocoPouf

3 minutes ago, bliaz said:

Los malinchistas defendiendo a la colonizadora :dies: Tengan tantita dignidad, agachados :ace: Defiendan su cultura y sus raíces, no a una Europea que viene a tomar como suyo lo que nunca ha sido de ella ni será jamás :tsk:

Prefieren tirarle hentai a una latina y defender a una catalana :dies: siempre nos van a ver como menos que ellos por eso se sienten libres de tomar lo que quieren de Latam hasta en el siglo 21

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

I like Rosalía but she cosplays a different ethnicity with every new album (first she was gitana, then she was from PR/DR), so seeing her delusional fans screaming that a Colombian woman who grew up listening to merengue is somehow copying the Spaniard is wild. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, bliaz said:

This. There's nothing more embarrassing than a pick me latino. They want to be white so bad.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

so the colonisers are mad they got stolen back what they stole ? lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BOOMBAYAH said:

Hispanic/Latin ATRLers, how big is Rosalia in Spain and Latin America? I used to feel like she was huge but her Spotify numbers seem significantly lower than some other artists I think are huge (Maluma, Karol) + her music (to me at least) sounds more cutting edge and alternative than mainstream. Is she a main pop girl or more alt?

As a celebrity her name is big but her music is not that big here. Almost all of her hits only achieved moderate success and 90% of those hits are reguetton collaborations with BIG names in Latin music (Ozuna, J Balvin, C Tangana, Bad Bunny or Rauw)

GP doesn't consume her alternative and weird stuff, most of her market are ATRLs latinos who overrate her because of her score on metacritic. :duck:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

But wait, how do we know this is directed to her? What other clues besides just posting pictures and tag Despechada?

• Like 1

i don't think rosi is shading her, she posts random photos/photo dumps all the time, probably just included despechá to celebrate it crossing 1b, and the two songs don't really sound that similar other than deriving elements from the same genre

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I like La Rosalia, but she didn't invent Merengue

Despecha sounds like so many Merengue songs

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, ariesgroove said:

i don't think rosi is shading her, she posts random photos/photo dumps all the time, probably just included despechá to celebrate it crossing 1b, and the two songs don't really sound that similar other than deriving elements from the same genre

This. That tweet only used one photo but it's not the only one from her actual post. The fans are being toxic yet again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Rosalía isn't that type of artist; it's just bad timing and a gay pressed fandom by the success of Karol. 

1 hour ago, BOOMBAYAH said:

Hispanic/Latin ATRLers, how big is Rosalia in Spain and Latin America? I used to feel like she was huge but her Spotify numbers seem significantly lower than some other artists I think are huge (Maluma, Karol) + her music (to me at least) sounds more cutting edge and alternative than mainstream. Is she a main pop girl or more alt?

I'm Spanish and she's obviously huge here because she's a national popstar and by far THE Biggest we have (bet you don't know her "peers" like aitana, lola indigo or ana mena, they don't come close in terms of uccess or talent). 

Rosalía is very big in the Hispanic scene but she generates very mixed reactions everywhere she's in because she doesn't fit the mold of a classical popstar, so her music isn't for everyone, so yeah you're right by calling her an alt pop girlie ig

I don't get how people thought this could be her shading Karol, she literally posted a carousel of like 7 pictures on her insta and coincidentally this was one of those pics, it's not even the first one lol 

Edited by iammadmat

2 hours ago, bliaz said:

:clap3:

• Like 1

If this is supposed to be shade she should be quiet when Despacha sounds like a Shakira song...another Colombia singer (I think Addicted to You? not sure rn)

2 hours ago, liquiddiamonds said:

So that 1 billion plays for Despecha must have came from Asia instead lol 

And that sold out tour in Latin America were all bots in a rancho.

Rosalia's streams have to be around 65% from Spain alone - she is huge in Spain and they believe she is at Karol G level. Reality: she is not and won't be.

Karol G tour in one city alone (Los Angeles) earned as much as the entire Motomami tour. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WaterDiamonds said:

I'm Spanish and she's obviously huge here because she's a national popstar and by far THE Biggest we have (bet you don't know her "peers" like aitana, lola indigo or ana mena, they don't come close in terms of uccess or talent). 

Rosalía is very big in the Hispanic scene but she generates very mixed reactions everywhere she's in because she doesn't fit the mold of a classical popstar, so her music isn't for everyone, so yeah you're right by calling her an alt pop girlie ig

This is nonsense. She literally hired Shakira's manager. She is signed to Columbia Records. 

4 hours ago, DoubleRainbow! said:

Is she trying to imply she invented Merengue or made it a trend? 

Becky G did this in 2021 before all of them 

I can't believe both Rosalia and Shakira are this jealous at Karol's success, imagine if the anglo MPGs did something like this every time people say one copied the other ?

This sounds nothing like Despechá :priceless:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DoubleRainbow! said:

I can't believe both Rosalia and Shakira are this jealous at Karol's success, imagine if the anglo MPGs did something like this every time people say one copied the other ?

The Karol G stans obsessed with mentioning Shakira. What is Shakira exactly jealous of? Shakira is the most succesful female Latin artist of all time and nobbody is going to take her crown any time soon...

Why bring her to this topic?

OT: Well it's a merengue song... there's no much variety to the genre tbh. Although Karol's song reminded me of Despechá and Shakira's Addicted to You the minute I heard it. To me the biggest issue is that Karol's song is just plain broing, no sass, no personality, she sounds bored.

But the Rosalía stans need to chill a bit, it's not like she owns the genre or has a history with it or that she created Despechá herself. Also, I am not sure how Karol has been "copying" her. If anything, they've modeled her career and a bit of her sound to that of Bad Bunny's...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

why is Rosalia called a colonizer? because she is of Hispanic descent? can someone fill me in on this? :lakitu:

1 hour ago, tiagol88 said:

If this is supposed to be shade she should be quiet when Despacha sounds like a Shakira song...another Colombia singer (I think Addicted to You? not sure rn)

Yup, I usually play both back to back lol

Edited by LOTF

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.