Do you have common interests with your parents?

TitanicSurvivor

My mom is a HUGE fan of Mariah and Whitney. She listening to My All on blast so the whole block would hear it lmao. I also introduced her to Xtina and now she's fan of "Bird of Prey" she said she likes this "whisper singing" and she also loves Hurts. However when i tried to introduce her to Katy Perry (back in like 2018) she was like "turn it down she sounds like metal screeching". We also both are HUGE fans of Criminal Minds omg in fact it's her who introduced me to this incredible show.

And my friend (who is a die hard swiftie) has her dad who also likes her (she said he was crying to right where you left me)

Do you have anything like that in your family? Or sort of.

Discuss

VvMV1Yo.gif

My mom was a teen in the 90s and I love a lot of music from that decade, so there's some overlap. Her taste is a bit more AC tho (Céline, Music Box-era Mariah), while I prefer the R&B and house music of that era.

She has bunch of pirated cassettes with pop girl music (Mariah, Madonna, Toni) and I've been meaning to find a way to play them for a while now. :dies:

(She also owns a physical copy of Bedtime Stories. Taste!)

:ryan3:

Edited by Virgos Groove
  • Like 2

My mom is a HUGE Gaga fan. She went to the Monster Ball, the Born This Way Ball, the ARTRAVE (with my dad also :deadbanana2:) and even had a ticket to the Joanne Tour before it got cancelled. She didn't attend the Chromatica Ball tho but she watched the HBO special. She even was learning the choreos with my sister and I back in 2010/2011.

She's slowly turning into a HagGa stan tho but she'll always consider her the Queen of Pop (she hates Madonna for some reason)

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, illia said:

My mom likes trashy cheap Ukrainian/Russian melodramas, so do I

Did she watch Stanitsa? :rip:

6 minutes ago, TitanicSurvivor said:

Did she watch Stanitsa? :rip:

She has watched every show that's available on Youtube, so yes

Edited by illia
  • Haha 1

Politics/current affairs I guess? I'm a bit more left wing than my parents, but they're both at least of the left side of centrism.

Sometimes my mum enjoys heating about celeb gossip :dies:

• Like 1

I share interests in gardening, cleaning and interior decoration with my mother. With my father I'd say it's travelling and Star Wars.

• Like 1

I don't think so. 

It's kinda sad, why did you make me analyze this :chick3: 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PoisonedIvy said:

I don't think so. 

It's kinda sad, why did you make me analyze this :chick3: 

Sorry  :chick3:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DevilsRollTheDice said:

Well, yes! My dad is a bigger drag race and Charli XCS fan than me. Wait a minute…

Wait :chick2:

maybe like Tom Petty :rip:   but she's doesn't Mind Denis Stoff's music and she tolerates Allday's because she knows his my idol. 

she does like machine gun kelly :laugh:  

I share interest in a couple of sports with my father. With my mother, I don't think anything I can say off the top of my head. We like discussing banking, food recipes, going on hikes, skiing, etc.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.