SOPHIE - 'SOPHIE'

Daddy

6 minutes ago, Jukebox said:

I really really hope so, that's my favourite unreleased Charli song! What makes you say that?

Just randomly heard a while ago it has been worked on again alongside the obvious ones like Reason Why or Sunscreen

• Like 1

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daddy

• Club classic

• ChapelHooker

• Moloko Plus

Charli posted a story with the cover art of the album, she´s definitely on it

26 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

Just randomly heard a while ago it has been worked on again alongside the obvious ones like Reason Why or Sunscreen

Makes sense. I feel a posthumous SOPHIE album would feel a little bit incomplete without Charli being involved somehow considering how popular their work together has been. But also aside from WGFU, the vast majority of the work they did together appears to be for Charli's projects. I think Spliff in My Ear and Lock It Up are the only other SOPHIE songs with Charli on them? 

Speaking of, is there any story behind why Charli did a demo of Lock it Up? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlackoutZone said:

Surprisingly, but I'd say Wanna Get ****** Up is 90% on

we won :duca:

• Like 1

On the forthcoming album 'SOPHIE', Sophie's family say:

"When we took our first steps into bringing this project to fruition we contacted the dear friends with whom she envisioned the album. We wrote, "We have been finding comfort in the music Sophie left us, it is a gift that we truly cherish as we try to find a way forward, with Sophie forever at the centre of our worlds." Sophie didn't often speak publicly of her private life, preferring to put everything she wanted to articulate in her music. It feels only right to share with the world the music she hoped to release, in the belief that we can all connect with her in this, the form she loved most. This album has always told the story of Sophie's musical journey, a cacophony of skill and creative vision eclipsing time and genre. Her unique sound world moves at an emotional level, encouraging the listener to intuitively embrace the ever-evolving landscape of light and dark, soft and hard, to the end of self-love and joyful self-acceptance. Emphasising contradictions of sound and material, Sophie's work supersedes the pure aural to create the dimension she dreamed of. Now, it holds another poignant meaning, it tells a life story, from mysterious unknown, through wild clublands, to euphoric immateriality. Sophie gave all of herself to her music. It's here that she can always be found."

On the forthcoming album 'SOPHIE', Sophie's family say:

"When we took our first steps into bringing this project to fruition we contacted the dear friends with whom she envisioned the album. We wrote, "We have been finding comfort in the music Sophie left us, it is a gift that we truly cherish as we try to find a way forward, with Sophie forever at the centre of our worlds." Sophie didn't often speak publicly of her private life, preferring to put everything she wanted to articulate in her music. It feels only right to share with the world the music she hoped to release, in the belief that we can all connect with her in this, the form she loved most. This album has always told the story of Sophie's musical journey, a cacophony of skill and creative vision eclipsing time and genre. Her unique sound world moves at an emotional level, encouraging the listener to intuitively embrace the ever-evolving landscape of light and dark, soft and hard, to the end of self-love and joyful self-acceptance. Emphasising contradictions of sound and material, Sophie's work supersedes the pure aural to create the dimension she dreamed of. Now, it holds another poignant meaning, it tells a life story, from mysterious unknown, through wild clublands, to euphoric immateriality. Sophie gave all of herself to her music. It's here that she can always be found."

I feel like it's safe to assume the album will be 1 hour 4 seconds in length if we're judging by the length of the initial announcement video posted on youtube? Surely that was intentional. 

3 hours ago, BlackoutZone said:

Bitching about leaked tracks is redundant sorry. Reason Why being the best version we've ever got should be enough of a proof that these songs deserve to be put there in their final form. Additionally, it was your choice to listen to leaked material :giraffe:

Pretty sure they were even to shoot a MV, but it wasn't just Tamta replacing LIZ, it was both of them

Agreed! And, like, this is SOPHIE's vision for what she wanted to release. They're doing that, not living out some twink's fantasy of what *they* would want.

They were going to shoot a MV for it, and other songs.

Spoiler

they had treatments/concepts for a couple of MVs from transnation representing "elements." 

Reason Why was air and the MV was going to be sophie and kim driving around in a car in the desert
Sunscreen was water and was gonna be like y2k pool/water vibes (not sure about tamta on it but that version highkey blows ass)
Take me to dubai was fire
exhilarate i think was earth?

trans nation was steel

• Like 2

Transnation had a whole unreleased music video so it'll definitely be an album, but will it be the 3 minute version? There's versions of it that are 7+ minutes long.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Moloko Plus said:

Do you know the tracklist king

No, but I think we'll all be surprised by the amount of new stuff. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BlackoutZone said:

Surprisingly, but I'd say Wanna Get ****** Up is 90% on

This would be hella random but I'm here for it— one of their best collabs and so underrated.

• Like 1

I hope for Xcx of course and Exhilarate oh and sunscreen…we need sunscreen in it's final form *_* 

• Like 2

I don't like this mix and tempo of Reason Why. It's really muddy and needs to be sped up slightly like the version that had leaked online.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NI-CK said:

sooo I've been trying to guess potential songs on the tracklist cuz the wait is killing me. there's the pop tracks she premiered in 2018 and also the electronic ones she played in 2019 (which remain unleaked)

Most likely on the album:

Reason Why

Take Me To Dubai

New York's Burning Down

Sunscreen

Transnation

My Forever

Possible:

Exhilarate

Reverse N Stop 

Lock It Up (with Starrah or Rihanna, one can dream)

Rawww

Don't Make Me Wait

Tap 

Electronic songs:

Structure

Popstar

Deutschland

U Wanna Be Alive

Elegance

Guns In The Sky

New songs:

Cherry Pie (with BC Kingdom & HYD)

Purple On My Pancakes

Old songs:

Makeover

Good Thing Going On (final version exists)

honestly wouldn't be suprised if there are going to be many songs that we haven't heard of yet, especially at least one new song with Cecile

Charli XCX songs: Bel Air, Bounce, Can You Hear Me, Down Like Woah, I Wanna Be With U, Wanna Get ****** Up, TKO, Round And Round, Hey Boy Hey Girl with Will.I.Am, 
• Liz: Burn Rubber, High School Luv, Sunscreen
• Lady Leshurr: Jump L
• Kitty Kat
• Take To Dubai
• Bonnie McKee: East Side Boy
• Usher: Would U Believe It, UR Body Is To Blame

• Brooke Candy: Oh Yeah

These have to be on it

• Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, Rhyme said:

I really doubt Charli is on this album

Why? That would be more than weird to me. 

45 minutes ago, Daddy said:

Why? That would be more than weird to me. 

Charli's expressed regret at not being able to work more with SOPHIE before her passing, their last session was a song called Lightning that didn't make the cut, and SOPHIE wasn't playing much material involving Charli for a year before her passing which is when her brother says they were finalizing the album.

I think it's a possibility Charli is on the album, but I don't think it's very likely at the same time considering everything.

• Thanks 1

I hate liking K*m P*tr*s songs, but it happened again. 

cedLP1n.gif

• Haha 6

this being announced the same day as my own close friend's passing is gonna make this super heavy as he also loved SOPHIE but i'm so happy this is happening :heart2: 

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Rhyme said:

Charli's expressed regret at not being able to work more with SOPHIE before her passing, their last session was a song called Lightning that didn't make the cut, and SOPHIE wasn't playing much material involving Charli for a year before her passing which is when her brother says they were finalizing the album.

I think it's a possibility Charli is on the album, but I don't think it's very likely at the same time considering everything.

I think Spliff In My Ear is entirely possible.

16 hours ago, wraith said:

Makes sense. I feel a posthumous SOPHIE album would feel a little bit incomplete without Charli being involved somehow considering how popular their work together has been. But also aside from WGFU, the vast majority of the work they did together appears to be for Charli's projects. I think Spliff in My Ear and Lock It Up are the only other SOPHIE songs with Charli on them? 

Speaking of, is there any story behind why Charli did a demo of Lock it Up? 

No but Starrah seemed to write it for an artist who sings in patois, maybe from Jamaica or the Caribbean. Could have been a demo for Rihanna that Charli cut. 

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.