New Avril US Certifications

greeneyedsoul

Previous certification in brackets:

Girlfriend 7x Platinum (2x Platinum) 
What the Hell 4x Platinum (not certified) 
Complicated 4x Platinum (3x Platinum) 
Sk8er Boi 3x Platinum (2x Platinum) 

When You're Gone 2x Platinum (Gold)

Here's To Never Growing Up - 2x Platinum (Platinum) 

My Happy Ending - 2x Platinum (Gold)

Smile - Platinum (Gold)  

http://redirect.viglink.com/?key=71fe2139a887ad501313cd8cce3053c5&subId=6190366&u=https%3A//headlineplanet.com/home/2024/06/21/avril-lavigne-scores-7x-us-platinum-certification-for-girlfriend-new-honors-for-complicated-what-the-hell-sk8er-boi/

Edited by greeneyedsoul
  • Like 8

"Complicated" deserves Diamond so bad.

Girlfriend, undebiable earworm. :clap3:

WTH :eek: The underrated hit that you are :jonnycat:

• Like 6

I was surprised with with Girlfriend being 7x platinum. Do they now count all formats as one? 

The song was certified platinum in the ringtones category from back in the day. :giraffe:

Complicated being only certified 4x platinum doesn't sit right with me:deadbanana4:

• Like 2

FINALLY @ What The Hell. It was non-certified for 13 years, but was pretty much successful in digital and streaming. :rip:

I'm still laughing that RCA has released it for free downloaded from her site before it was released on iTunes.

Could have been amazing if Goodbye Lullaby was upgraded from Gold cert (2018) to Platinum.

It's her best record, tbh.

Edited by Bends

What The Hell 4×Plat wow 

Considering how massive Girlfriend was, I find it weird that it's not Diamond by now? 

Those certifications are underwhelming

Surely they took ringtones into consideration otherwise I can't see girlfriend being 7x.

It would be nice to know if any of the songs in Love Sux will or could be certificated in the near future.

As for GL, with 3 certified singles, it may be some hopes down the line that this album will be certified platinum?

:clap3:The best selling digital single of 2007

4 hours ago, greeneyedsoul said:

I was surprised with with Girlfriend being 7x platinum. Do they now count all formats as one? 

The song was certified platinum in the ringtones category from back in the day. :giraffe:

Certifications include single's sales and streams

WTH being 4x plat is kinda cvnt im not gonna lie :jonnycat:

1 hour ago, KKKIMO92 said:

Surely they took ringtones into consideration otherwise I can't see girlfriend being 7x.

It would be nice to know if any of the songs in Love Sux will or could be certificated in the near future.

As for GL, with 3 certified singles, it may be some hopes down the line that this album will be certified platinum?

They don't count ringtones for singles certifications in the US

Remember that Girlfriend's streams were massive for the time the song was released. It was at that time the most viewed video on youtube so the 7x Platinum certification is probably thanks to the streams added to the single sales.

For example Beyonce's Irreplaceable is certified 6x Platinum as a single and 3x Platinum as a ringtone (Mastertone). Those certifications are separate

https://www.riaa.com/gold-platinum/?tab_active=default-award&se=irreplaceable#search_section

1 hour ago, Green said:

They don't count ringtones for singles certifications in the US

Remember that Girlfriend's streams were massive for the time the song was released. It was at that time the most viewed video on youtube so the 7x Platinum certification is probably thanks to the streams added to the single sales.

For example Beyonce's Irreplaceable is certified 6x Platinum as a single and 3x Platinum as a ringtone (Mastertone). Those certifications are separate

https://www.riaa.com/gold-platinum/?tab_active=default-award&se=irreplaceable#search_section

Is ringtone costing the same price as one single sale? I guess around 1 dollar per download? 

1 hour ago, KKKIMO92 said:

Is ringtone costing the same price as one single sale? I guess around 1 dollar per download? 

I don't know

What the SMASH :loki:

:clap3:

I'd like to see a breakdown of sales for "Girlfriend" Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, German, Japanese, and Mandarin versions. Multilingual Queen!

:suburban:

Other new certifications: 

When You're Gone - 2x Platinum (previously Gold)

Smile - Platinum (previously Gold) 

Here's To Never Growing Up - 2x Platinum (previously Platinum) 

My Happy Ending - 2x Platinum (previously Gold) 

• Thanks 1

WYG only 2x Platinum? That is so wrong, I mean, that is a funeral staple, right there. Wtf is going on with humanity. :rip: 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Ger said:

WYG only 2x Platinum? That is so wrong, I mean, that is a funeral staple, right there. Wtf is going on with humanity. :rip: 

That song never takes off I the state tho. 

Surprised at Smile getting platinum while WYWH having much higher YouTube streams not getting a new cert.

What about albums? Let Go needs to go diamond already

Girlfriend 7x platinum (2x platinum) 
What the Hell 4x platinum (not certified) 
Complicated 4x platinum (3x platinum) 
Sk8er Boi 3x platinum (2x platinum) 

When You're Gone - 2x Platinum (previously Gold)

Smile - Platinum (previously Gold) 

Here's To Never Growing Up - 2x Platinum (previously Platinum) 

My Happy Ending - 2x Platinum (previously Gold) 

:WAP:

See when your discography is legendary :clap3: she deserve more recognition 

Stream Avril Lavigne Greatest Hits album

Nobody's Home Diamond (Gold) :clap3:

On 6/21/2024 at 2:38 PM, greeneyedsoul said:

Previous certification in brackets:

Girlfriend 7x platinum (2x platinum) 
What the Hell 4x platinum (not certified) 
Complicated 4x platinum (3x platinum) 
Sk8er Boi 3x platinum (2x platinum) 

http://redirect.viglink.com/?key=71fe2139a887ad501313cd8cce3053c5&subId=6190366&u=https%3A//headlineplanet.com/home/2024/06/21/avril-lavigne-scores-7x-us-platinum-certification-for-girlfriend-new-honors-for-complicated-what-the-hell-sk8er-boi/

It was eligible for 4 times platinum like more than 10 years ago :eli: 

2 minutes ago, KKCuteCat said:

It was eligible for 4 times platinum like more than 10 years ago :eli: 

By it i mean GF

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.