Beyoncé talks Cowboy Carter; not motivated by charts/sales

rosesbloom

3 minutes ago, Braz said:

She's hiding because of Diddy and The Dream but sure, art not charts. Same thing she said when 4 came out.

I don't know why I keep arguing with these increasingly nonsensical responses but how can you say she's had the same approach for more than ten years and then in the same sentence that she's doing this because of Diddy :doc:

• Like 1

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bey'Knight

• Jay07

• BGKC

• elincomprendid

my respect for Beyoncé --> 📈📈📈📈📈📈📈📈📈

7 hours ago, Bey'Knight said:

She's welcome to a trillion streams per day if she desires. It's tantamount nought if she can't fill the hole inside.

All success, no fulfilment, yikes. 

Oh? Do we have a psychologist in this thread? Is she your client? Did she tell you that personally?

We will see how much she cares or doesnt care about charts when she starts flopping touring wise. Until then - sure, Jan.

:suburban:

4 hours ago, elincomprendid said:

I see you didn't read what I said. I said people are still able to stream even without a MV released.

Look at even Renaissance having like double of Cowboy Carter streams on the same timeframe. Same rollout, much floppier lead and really smaller lead. Even with all that Cowboy Carter numbers are not even close a few weeks later, why? Because the GP doesn't care… 

"A few weeks later"

It's been three months. Cuff It was going viral and on its mark to become the biggest hit on Renaissance on its 3rd month. Rem was doing 7-8M daily with Cuff It carrying 3M of those streams. 
Besides that, Renaissance just successfully hit its target audience. CC's target audience would be country fans, but we already know how resented she is in that community, so without real support from a target audience it's just floating around in limbo in dire need of an extra push, but It's not like people don't care. It opened with 300M streams in its first week and Texas Hold Em was huge. It's just up to her to keep people interested and lure more people in during one of the most competitive years in music since 2016. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Love4Janet said:

She released 8 different versions of Break My Soul and its 10 different YouTube videos for art, not the charts! 

:ahh::ahh:

She's so pathetic. You'd think after 4 unsuccessful albums in a row, she'd learn to flop with dignity, but no. 

This is a Beyonce thread not Janet's. Is the internet in the nursing home library running on dial-up connection or :doc:

Edited by Bey'Knight
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Ngl I really miss the BDay Beyonce that record her album in 2 weeks and the release a whole visual album while on tour. 

31 minutes ago, Bey'Knight said:

This is a Beyonce thread not Janet's. Is the internet in the nursing home library running on dial-up connection or :doc:

You're right, it's a Beyonce thread. Stay on topic. 

You can't take the fact that she's flopping for filth (yet again!) so you have to change the subject. 

I feel bad for you. 

not y'all pretending she still isn't cultarally relevant

she's for the music industry what anne hathaway is for the film industry

she never goes away

get over it for your own mental sanity

Music Video Beauty GIF

Edited by Petra von Kant
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, BGKC said:

"A few weeks later"

It's been three months. Cuff It was going viral and on its mark to become the biggest hit on Renaissance on its 3rd month. Rem was doing 7-8M daily with Cuff It carrying 3M of those streams. 
Besides that, Renaissance just successfully hit its target audience. CC's target audience would be country fans, but we already know how resented she is in that community, so without real support from a target audience it's just floating around in limbo in dire need of an extra push, but It's not like people don't care. It opened with 300M streams in its first week and Texas Hold Em was huge. It's just up to her to keep people interested and lure more people in during one of the most competitive years in music since 2016. 

7-8M minus 3M is 4-5M im sorry to break your bubble but CC ain't even close to that range

Artists usually say they don't care about success and numbers when they flop or when they are campaigning for an award. In Beyonce's case, I think both

moo.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, elincomprendid said:

7-8M minus 3M is 4-5M im sorry to break your bubble but CC ain't even close to that range

There is no bubble. I clearly said CC is floating around in limbo without a target audience to keep it afloat. She strayed away from her core base/casual fans and isn't doing anything to lure the GP in. It's not as if any other pop star could do the same and excel beyond measure. 

• Like 2

I believe her. I think now she's chasing AOTY; not because she needs it per se but that empty space on her awards shelf is eating her up esp when younger artists have got it and she doesn't. 

Not hem already claiming Grammy's for her. :coffee2:

A lot of money still went into Superbowl promo, playlists and radio payola so it's not true that she doesn't care. Just because she's not performing on Jimmy Fallon or daytime shows doesn't mean that she's not doing promo or chase success. She had all press payolad into gaslighting people that she released the best album of all time. 

• Like 4

The era is not a flop, she doesn't need to say this. C'mon

:clack:

4 hours ago, The Music Industry said:

Oh? Do we have a psychologist in this thread? Is she your client? Did she tell you that personally?

I mean it doesn't take a degree in deductive reasoning to see through the smoke and antics trail :michael:

If sales don't matter, why charge for the album? Just upload for free.

Also, sales have nothing to do with music videos. B****, act like you care about the people that made your name what it is.

3 hours ago, StayFrosty said:

I believe her. I think now she's chasing AOTY; not because she needs it per se but that empty space on her awards shelf is eating her up esp when younger artists have got it and she doesn't. 

So Madonna, Mariah, Janet and other legends should kill themselves cos they too don't have AOTY? Sza ticked all the boxes last year and still lost for Christ sake

• Like 1

shes trying to save face from those allegations about the carters having to lay low over the diddy-jay connections

Idk about AOTY for CC. I thought Renaissance had a better chance but… oh well. I'm glad she's doing what she wants to do now (although I wish she'd have a more normal rollout with some actual promo and visuals). She seems like she's happy with her career and tbh - she's Beyoncé. She can do whatever she wants and at the end of the day she will still be richer than all of us. 

15 hours ago, spiritboy said:

Some of you guys must personally know her to say that she cares about charts. This woman has been self sabotaging herself since Lemonade era. Formation could've been an easy #1 if she wanted but we know what happened there.:fan:

Also an artist writing her own songs is so overrated here. I'd rather have an album like CC than a boring, bland and mediocre album like TTPD. 

But is it self sabotage or is it always having a reason to fall back on if it's not commercially successful? 

"Impacts" impact, I fear. 

Edited by James_Joint

53 minutes ago, James_Joint said:

But is it self sabotage or is it always having a reason to fall back on if it's not commercially successful? 

"Impacts" impact, I fear. 

Formation was self-sabotage in my opinion. The video was not listed and it could've had an impact because the message was strong.

6 hours ago, LegaMyth said:

If sales don't matter, why charge for the album? Just upload for free.

Also, sales have nothing to do with music videos. B****, act like you care about the people that made your name what it is.

I think she's lost as a person and as an artist. I'm sure the fallout of the Dream, Diddy, and Kanye has taken a toll, and now JT and rumors about Jay. She was very close to all those men at some point. The album is a bag of mixed messages that doesn't feel satisfying.

Edited by toxicgenie

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.