Charli xcx & Lorde - "The girl, so confusing version with lorde"

Golden Hour

12 minutes ago, Virgos Groove said:

Oh, really?

Charli XCX f/ Taylor Swift - Sympathy is a Tortured Poet. 28/06.

You heard it here first.

:suburban:

Why would anyone want that ew

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bielneira

• Kayseri Mantisi

• 80x100

• Daddy

1 hour ago, Janet said:

Why are some of you calling her Ella. She don't know you like that :suburban:

I was at her concert and she introduced herself to me (and thousands others) Ella

• Like 1

11 hours ago, flower moon said:

um.. she's literally the only one on the cover :rip:

idk what I'm missing :rip: on Spotify it's literally charli but whatever 

11 hours ago, Epica said:

She is, twice :)

11 hours ago, Taylor fanboy said:

Girl…

11 hours ago, 80x100 said:

Girl where is the drag actually

11 hours ago, sway said:

You missed the verse that maybe might indicate the reason why…

I was so lost in my head and scared to be in the pictures
'Cause for the last couple years, I've been at war in my body
I tried to starve myself thinner and then I gained all the weight back
I was trapped in a hatred and your life seemed so awesome

drag me idc idc, apparently I was supposed to be depressed by this song? but here I was bopping and when homegirl said "I DIDNT KNOW THAT MY VOICE WAS IN YOUR HEAD GIRL!" I took that as a drag, and it was, and it's ok for two frienemis to do that, but whatever y'all can eat me at the end of the day. 

• Confused 2

WHAT THE ****????

• Like 6

the way this era is truly the gift that keeps on giving, the fact she really got Lorde on this. There's really levels to how insane this is. :jonnycat:

Edited by Alex

5 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

WHAT THE ****????

Not this remix achieving WORLD PEACE :clap3:

• Thanks 2

It's getting better and better. Might even listen to this more than the album version. THEY DID THAT! 

I'm so excited, this summer's gonna be special!

Very rarely does a remix feel necessary - but charli did that with both 365 and this. Lorde's pen game is too strong.

love this

we really need that remix album :jonny6:

Can somebody fill me in? Charli and Lorde had a feud? 

Might be recency bias, but I liked this a lot, more than the solo version.

• Like 2

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

50 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

WHAT THE ****????

Miss Diamandis didn't want to miss her chance at jumping in a BRAT feature :giraffe:  that froot boomerangs

Edited by Verandi
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Guilherme Make Love said:

Is it a performative detente about the many façades of art and celebrity or two people sincerely clearing the air? Incredibly, it's both. It somehow accomplishes what the most cynical reality-show pop music does while transcending it through nuanced and vibrant songwriting. As Lorde says, they're two sides of the same coin, and they've made an uncanny watershed moment in this therapized, tabloid era of pop.

:jonny5:

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, NoAngelus said:

Can somebody fill me in? Charli and Lorde had a feud? 

I'm definitely not the best person to describe this, but my understanding is that Charli and Lorde were up and coming around the same time (2013-ish) and people compared them as being very physically similar. There was an interview where they confused Charli for Lorde and she just went along with it. There have been rumours they had some beef. She expressed she was tired of the comparisons and all.

The song is about Charli feeling how is confusing being a woman in the music industry, where you are expected to be friendly and bubbly with everyone, but sometimes you just don't know them or you don't even really vibe with the person. The line about her being similar to another girl and all, people have assumed was her shading Lorde. Lorde responded during the brat release, and here we are.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jglj said:

I'm definitely not the best person to describe this, but my understanding is that Charli and Lorde were up and coming around the same time (2013-ish) and people compared them as being very physically similar. There was an interview where they confused Charli for Lorde and she just went along with it. There have been rumours they had some beef. She expressed she was tired of the comparisons and all.

The song is about Charli feeling how is confusing being a woman in the music industry, where you are expected to be friendly and bubbly with everyone, but sometimes you just don't know them or you don't even really vibe with the person. The line about her being similar to another girl and all, people have assumed was her shading Lorde. Lorde responded during the brat release, and here we are.

Oh yeah I've seen that video of her answering question as Lorde :rip:

I thought it was more juicy tbh

what did lorde say during brat release?

Can someone fill me in on this? Is this a normal track on her album and she remixed it with Lorde?

Just now, Яeo. said:

Can someone fill me in on this? Is this a normal track on her album and she remixed it with Lorde?

Yep

I have been thinking like all day who Lorde reminds me of on this remix… Lily Allen!! 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, FENTY. said:

I have been thinking like all day who Lorde reminds me of on this remix… Lily Allen!! 

The apple(s) version with lily allen

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NoAngelus said:

Oh yeah I've seen that video of her answering question as Lorde :rip:

I thought it was more juicy tbh

what did lorde say during brat release?

Lorde said brat was the only album she ever pre-saved on spotify and loved it. It was mature and overall positive.

2 hours ago, Guilherme Make Love said:

The massive acclaim. The fact that they stopped reviewing tracks for weeks but had to go back to their basement just to give this a BNT :jonny:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

If you told me in 2014 that I'd be caring about what both of these ladies are dropping 10 years later, I wouldn't have believed you.

:suburban:

Then again, 13-yo me also thought I was straight, so maybe there's a lot he doesn't know.

Edited by Virgos Groove
  • Haha 6

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.