BANKS - "DELULU"

kyliefever2002

Sonically this sounds like a slight return to form but God her lyrics have gotten so consistently cringe and just… meh. BANKS just doesn't serve the kind of personality or aesthetic to put out a song like DELULU without it sounding try hard.

To think this is the same woman who gave us the classics Goddess and III:dancehall:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• renforshort

• Gabrielmonquelat

• drip drop

• kyliefever2002

Sonically this sounds like a slight return to form but God her lyrics have gotten so consistently cringe and just… meh. BANKS just doesn't serve the kind of personality or aesthetic to put out a song like DELULU without it sounding try hard.

To think this is the same woman who gave us the classics Goddess and III:dancehall:

• Like 1

Mama... queen Lexie Liu already released the smash hit Delulu last November! 

Remember when she said Fiona Apple was her inspiration

• Haha 6

not her trying to start a delulu challenge

• Haha 1

THIS IS A BOP OMGGG

• Like 2

someone commented that the song reminded them of goddess era and she responded saying "next chapter gna melt u" ..... OKAY GIRL.... I'll see about that 

• Like 1

but anyways is there a release date or presale link? or is she just gonna tease this and forget about it like all the other snippets 

sounds really promising honestly, a bit of that Stroke outro g-funk inspired production I hear :clap3:

So my question is... was the last song she teased (the rumoured Kim Petras collab) scrapped? If so, she probably made the best decision of her career. 

38 minutes ago, thatsmydemi said:

So my question is... was the last song she teased (the rumoured Kim Petras collab) scrapped? If so, she probably made the best decision of her career. 

it is not a good song, so hopefully it will be axed from the album 

9 hours ago, renforshort said:

is she just gonna tease this and forget about it like all the other snippets 

Here's hoping!

• Haha 1

Hmm the song sounds....interesting but why is she serving Natalie Portman in this snippet. :eek: 

I like it, it sounds totally different for her. Maybe I'm here for a proper pop album.

I understand why people who prefer her older music would not like this, but normalise artists evolving and changing. She's got a hot boo. Maybe she wants to make a lighter, catchier album.

Edited by CroNich
  • Like 1

PEOPLE ARE YOU MAKING FUN OF A 15-SECOND SNIPPET? WE DON'T KNOW ALL THE LYRICS...SHE'S ALWAYS PLAYED WITH MUSIC, WE HAVE ALASKA. STICK. THIS IS NOT ABOUT US WHICH ARE VERY CATCHY SONGS 
NOW YOU WANT TO MAKE FUN OF "DELULU" PLEASE!!! THIS SONG IS GOING TO BE REALLY GOOD 

• Like 1

she used "delulu" because it matches and rhymes with the lyrics...it's fun 

the music is very r&BANKS 

7 hours ago, CroNich said:

Eu gosto, soa totalmente diferente para ela. Talvez eu esteja aqui para um álbum pop de verdade.

Eu entendo porque as pessoas que preferem suas músicas mais antigas não gostariam disso, mas normalizariam a evolução e a mudança dos artistas. Ela tem uma vaia gostosa. Talvez ela queira fazer um álbum mais leve e cativante.

YES, this song is very r&b and catchy!!! On all her albums she's always had one track that's very playful, and always very good 

This sounds great you deaf tasteless baguettes 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gabrielmonquelat said:

SAID the person with the camila cabello gif OPS

Umm, no it's Banks that said that silly :gaycat1:

at least we know anything she puts out will be better than **** love or spirit. she can't go lower!:bird:

We want Siren Song on streaming!!

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator

The annoying thing is how she doesn't pronounce delulu right :deadbanana2: When you say the word, emphasis is on the second syllables (de-LU-lu), but she sings it with with equal emphasis on every syllable. So jarring.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Gabrielmonquelat said:

PEOPLE ARE YOU MAKING FUN OF A 15-SECOND SNIPPET? WE DON'T KNOW ALL THE LYRICS...SHE'S ALWAYS PLAYED WITH MUSIC, WE HAVE ALASKA. STICK. THIS IS NOT ABOUT US WHICH ARE VERY CATCHY SONGS 
NOW YOU WANT TO MAKE FUN OF "DELULU" PLEASE!!! THIS SONG IS GOING TO BE REALLY GOOD 

Delulu 

• Haha 1

I think she's in Europe right now - Paris maybe? I wonder, what she's up to. Maybe recording something new with producers based in Europe? Anyway, I still have hopes for "Delulu" being a good song, but lyrically from the snippet it's far from the level of her first 3 albums. 

Edit: I'm probably delulu and she goes there only for the fashion show.

Edited by arthee.e

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.