Jessie Ware & Romy - "Lift You Up"

RideOrDie

So good! Though Romulus adds absolutely nothing to the track and Jessie has to do all the heavy lifting.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MusicIsMyMaster

• ahauntingnearu

• AnonnonA

• JoeAg

This is most likely a droplet, like how "Overtime" was released way before the "Whats Your Pleasure" era started. 

• Like 2

Oh this is for the girlies who were eating in the 90s/early 00s era of "Ministry of Sound" house bangers. AKA ME!

And the fact that snippet of the other song sounds even better... QUEEN! :duca:

• Like 3

jesus this is really f*cking amazing, everytime she has a vision for a sonic landscape she just knocks it out of the park without ever seeming like pastiche :WAP: this will be one of her most enduring songs I fear, and it'll grow on some of y'all over time 

16 hours ago, NoAngelus said:

Oh dear, this really is Pearls if sang by Jess Glynn. 

1 minute ago, Kern said:

damn, this is kinda awful

Sure is (if you're deaf) :heart:

• Like 1

it's a grower/catchy but her email saying the album is not finished and they're just tiding us over for summer hmmmmmm 

Just now, HonourableVomit said:

it's a grower/catchy but her email saying the album is not finished and they're just tiding us over for summer hmmmmmm 

I think it'll be on the alberm but she kinda should have waited and done a big lead single, this just being thrown out there and not touched again is a little boring 

4 hours ago, HonourableVomit said:

refer to my previous comment above 

Ok this is actually cute and sounds more modern but still referential.  I'd love for her to give us like an early 90's dance/house record.

Yea idg how anyone is disliking this tbh -- the harmonies, the layering... She absolutely slayed

If Romy sang with any ounce of life, it would make it perfection

On 6/20/2024 at 10:42 AM, Cqmerqn said:

Romy deserves better

Hearing this for the first time makes me stand by my point even more :deadbanana2:

• Thumbs Down 1

The way i had this on repeat while jogging and the sun shining with the wind in my hair

:falcon:

4 hours ago, Cqmerqn said:

Hearing this for the first time makes me stand by my point even more :deadbanana2:

Then sit

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.