Are Katy Perry, Kesha, Lady Gaga and Rihanna Legendary?

AvadaKedavra

You wake up on a random day in the year 2010 or 2011 
and all these girls are absolute powerhouses on the radio / in the charts / social media like facebook / MTV :chick2:

meMNgSc.jpg 2011.jpg

Their songs are everywhere—you just can't escape them!
The Pop Landscape is bursting with
coloanlife and every music video-everything is an event. :duca:
They're also LGTBI icons for the new gens

Their style-aesthetic is copied left and right.
The camp and sparkling feeling of their songs-videos are unavoidable.
The future looks incredibly bright for these pop stars. :celestial4:
America's new Batch of Pop Starlets.
Even Straight Guys Like them... :eli:

They´re completely redefining what pop music means in the new decade with their club anthems and over-the-top personas.

Then You lose consciousness..........

You wake up again, look at the digital AI clock, 6 of november of 2024 :gaycat6: 
Trump winning over biden
and a tear rolls down your chee
:emofish::'(:chick3:

Edited by AvadaKedavra

They all have legendary hits and I love each of their personas tbh. I feel like Lady Gaga has the most respect out of all them though so I put her number 1. Rihanna has 14 number 1 hits and is global AF so that let alone will push her to legendary status regardless how you feel about her as a musician. Katy perry third on my list. Kesha is last on my list because she has the smallest Career.

• Like 2

Well duh

I wouldnt put them in the same category tbh.

... and no, I dont think they achieved the legend status, any of them.

no to katy, yes to the rest

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Kesha is legendary because she helped me find my footing in songwriting and flying my freak flag, she also showed an outsider perspective to pop with a punky edge that was always incredibly appealing to me :clap3: her unreleased collection is the greatest of all time, and there's a song of hers that fits every single goddamn mood I can think of. she's a pop MASTER and also super sweet: meeting her was one of the best moments of this decade so far for me! :wanda:

Lady Gaga is legendary because she set a new standard for performance art in pop, she championed queer rights in such an unreal outspoken way that never felt opportunistic and ALWAYS felt genuine. knowing she was bi and sang about being bi and shouted out the gays at every chance gave me a feeling of safety in my life, and no matter how parasocial that sounds, she most certainly saved my life once or twice  :gaygacat9:

Rihanna is legendary for amazing hits, beautiful visuals, a sassy sense of humor that permeates everything she does, and some absolutely incredibly pop deep cuts that sound even fresher today than when they were rihleased! she's memeable, she's relatable, and her confidence feels so organic and earned and honestly always at a quite healthy level. she's a really awesome superstar, one of the most naturally charismatic and cool I can think of :clap3:

Katy Perry has a few cute songs. she's not legendary to me at all but I do think the Teenage Dream era was cool to live through 

• Like 7

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Into The Void said:

Well duh

I think kesha has always been very underlooked but she's really one of the major musical icons of the 2010s Decade. :giraffe: 
Her legacy is printed in GOLD even if she's a flop today
They will always be remembered as the QUEENS OF ELECTROPOP.
Even if EDM faded it shaped the panorama of whole decade and this 2020s one too. Like a butterfly effect :zsgaymuscat:

i wonder. Should we add nicki minaj to this iconic list of singers? :eli:
 she was not a pop diva but her electropop songs were huge too

CV5BlX0WwAAYH8l.jpginglewood-ca-nicki-minaj-arrives-at-the-2017-mtv-video-music-awards-at-the-forum-on-august-27.jpg?s=612x612&w=gi&k=20&c=2mSFRTmNTH5KDCy5AuH60EjvDLCwClGYLUuE7NcUDMs=

42 minutes ago, futuresuperstar2023 said:

They all have legendary hits and I love each of their personas tbh. I feel like Lady Gaga has the most respect out of all them though so I put her number 1. Rihanna has 14 number 1 hits and is global AF so that let alone will push her to legendary status regardless how you feel about her as a musician. Katy perry third on my list. Kesha is last on my list because she has the smallest Career.

I feel like a lot of Youngsters from the Late Gen Z are not really aware of how big were this 4 in the time of 2009-2012

They were so dominant. The charts were totally controlled by them. Probably the best time for female acts in the charts ever :giraffe:  
it was honestly so so much fun to experience that.  I was a 17 years old teen in those years and the stan world was so so chaotic :gayoncecat3:

Edited by AvadaKedavra
  • Like 2

Rih and Gaga are definitely legendary. They've moved onto other things outside of music and expanded their brand.

I miss the 2010s and the simpler times and all our faves' global domination :heart:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, itshyolee said:

Rih and Gaga are definitely legendary. They've moved onto other things outside of music and expanded their brand.

Katy is honestly very successful for such a short career. Her reported net worth is $400 million (The Shoe line? the brand deals helped??? american idol?)
Gaga reported is $300-350 million  (I think she's richer than that)
Rihanna $1.4 Billion

Kesha even if she was not as big as Gaga,Katy,Rihanna she was a peer of them for 3-4 years :gaycat2: 
Her net worth is $10 million. I wonder how many millions Dr puke stole from her :biblionny:
Kesha Net Worth Should be around 70$-80$-million of dollars :emofish:

• Like 3

They're obviously not on the same level anymore, but back in 2010 the girls were all girling so hard :jonny: it's actually crazy to think there were four or five major colorful popgirl era's going on and they were all getting #1s left and right

They did that for the gays

• Like 1

I think they're definitely icons of the late 2000s/early 2010s pop music. A very colourful and fun time in mainstream music, probably in the same way Diana, Donna, Olivia were in the late 70s/early80s

• Like 1

Kesha was for a short time (1-2-3 years) inescapable. There was a short time that she spawned hits like crazy and threatened all the biggest girls like Gaga and Katy and Rih at the time. Her hits were so instant and did not need to be pushed hard. She just simply spawned hits after hits. Too bad everything stopped right when Die Young was cancelled due to the mass shooting. That shooting literally ended her career tbh. 

Katy and Rih were monsters at making huge hits. The only difference btw them was that Katy was more instant while Rih never quite smashed out of the gate but they all became huge hits a bit later like a few weeks after released.

Gaga was different. She changed everything at the time.

Legends.

Edited by duybeeGAshantiGA
  • Like 1

I will say it: Kesha wasn't taken seriously enough. If you take some hours to listen to her discography, you can easily tell she never compromised herself into being someone or something else. Her music exudes so much personality and there are so many sides to her. You'll hear an artist unfaced by fame and commercial expectations. And that's so freaking rare. The fact Gag Order is her latest release proves that she's in it for all the right reasons. Others talk the talk but she actually walks it :foxaylove3:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

No, all are successful and have had some huge hits, but they aren't legends. None have had constant success or been able to navigate multiple eras/styles of music/musical tastes like true legends like Madonna, Janet, Mariah have. Rihanna would have been the closest to do so, but she has been in the wilderness for almost a decade and lost her shot - not that she would care of course!

Rihanna is definitely a league above these girls...

Not one single pop girl has the entire world demanding an album from them the way Rihanna has, and even celebrities included.

The other girls can take a 4 year break, and no one except from their fans care... :rip: 

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

Gaga and Rihanna might be there, but definitely not the other 2. Didn't you guys read the OP? We woke up, we're in 2024 :thing:

33 minutes ago, Robyn. said:

Rihanna is definitely a league above these girls...

Not one single pop girl has the entire world demanding an album from them the way Rihanna has, and even celebrities included.

The other girls can take a 4 year break, and no one except from their fans care... :rip: 

Lol I fully concur

Rihanna is leaps and bounds above the other 3 girls; let's put some respect on her name.  She outstreams and outsells everyone of them with ease despite not releasing for a decade. I don't even wanna mention her string of gargantuan hits ( 7 of them being diamond BTW )or her success in her other ventures.  All these girls look up to Rih. 

• Thanks 3

Rihanna is on a different level…

Gaga and Katy are flops now but had impact and legacy…

Kesha is only remembered in pop forums! 

• Like 1

Gaga and Rihanna are definitely legends or will be soon that's all I have to say

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.