Rolling Stone confirms: Katy reunites with Dr. Luke

halcyonday

4 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Girl look at how her last two albums without him performed. 

So with your logic this next album will smash, right?

• Haha 9

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TomTom

• SmittenCake

• halcyonday

• KatyPrismSpirit

2 minutes ago, TayDuaStan said:

It was confirmed last year that they are still associated with each other when they both produced Kim Petras's Feed The Beast track "Thousand Pieces":suburban:

I don't willingly check for her music so I didn't know :deadbanana:

can y'll please pause Planet Her on your headphones while posting here :coffee2: it's making noise

• Haha 4

Releasing a female empowerment anthem featuring an ex-girlfriends alleged r*pist is sooo… :toofunny3:

giphy22-1580990842.gif?crop=0.553xw:1.00

• Like 4

No Moral

Yes Hits

2 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

I wonder why the same people saying that katy should burn in hell for working with him now never said anything in protest of All My Life being a grammy winning top 2 hit…just last year. If you have problems with Dr Luke, you should have problems with everyone associating themselves with him. If you only selectively call out Katy, you are either a hypocrite or a misogynist. Why do you not call out the men who go to him for hits?

girl this is ATRL

99% of male artists are irrelevant in here :rip:

• Like 4

Wow, then she's really stupid, the song is not even out and it's already DOA, I mean if you're gonna risk yourself getting dragged over working with him, at least make sure the final product is good.

• Like 2

Releasing a female empowerment anthem featuring an ex-girlfriends alleged r*pist is sooo… :toofunny3:

8 minutes ago, RadioactiveLights said:

You're right.

Though I checked and they worked on songs for FLETCHER and Kim Petras together. So I guess they're still semi-associated with each other.

FLETCHER has Dr. Luke produced songs?

the deflecting is crazy

the fact that a few days ago people were claiming kim petras never got dragged for working with luke :deadbanana2:

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

Posted (edited)
Just now, Galaxy said:

FLETCHER has Dr. Luke produced songs?

Pretty sure she doesn't and they mean that he has credits on girls girls girls that sampled I Kissed A Girl

Edited by halcyonday

if she is going to have Max and Stargate, why would you need Luke whose presence will be a PR nightmare and stain the entire era? Girl is dumb :rip:

• Like 9

28 minutes ago, Shinning said:

I know the monsters aren't in here talking sh*t when their fave collabed with R Kelly whose crimes have been known FOR DECADES

And unlike Luke R Kelly was actually convicted

The lack of self-awareness is astonishing as usual

1. It was over a decade ago

2. She has since apologized and removed the song from digital and physical releases 

3. She isn't currently doing it. 

You must have brain rot for this comparison, but that goes without saying with you stanning that putrid woman in 2024. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

I wonder why the same people saying that katy should burn in hell for working with him now never said anything in protest of All My Life being a grammy winning top 2 hit…just last year. If you have problems with Dr Luke, you should have problems with everyone associating themselves with him. If you only selectively call out Katy, you are either a hypocrite or a misogynist. Why do you not call out the men who go to him for hits?

no one said she should burn in hell, and thats manipulative to say.  no clue who that song is by, but I assure you that I won't hold a high opinion of them. nor do I have any for Kim either. but this thread is about KATY, so we are going to talk about her. 

• Like 1

This is disappointing but unsurprising.

Luke has obviously created hits like Say So and Super Freaky Girl so Katy probably felt like she was "in the clear" so to speak.

Plus his work with Kim Petras seems very much the "blueprint" for what Katy wants with her new sound… but if "Woman's World" is any indication of the direction she's taking the album in, I have no idea why she got him involved.

It's probably down to the fact Katy hasn't had a real hit since 2014 and genuinely felt like she had nothing left to loose.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

Pretty sure she doesn't and they mean that he has credits on girls girls girls that sampled I Kissed A Girl

OH. My bad then. 

OT: The past five years have shown everybody that there are so many producers who can score hits and make amazing music without being rapists and assholes. I know people can be pissy about Jack Antonoff, but he would have been a much better option PR-wise. There's also FINNEAS, KoZ, Greg Kurstin, heck even Timbaland who Katy already worked with.

If she wanted a throwback pop sound, she could look at the resurgence of "Murder on the Dancefloor" and hunted down Gregg Alexander. There is no excuse. On a song called WOMAN's WORLD no less. This is a PR disaster.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hallucinate said:

girl this is ATRL

99% of male artists are irrelevant in here :rip:

If you have genuine issues with Dr. Luke, consistency matters. It's not just about the artists you care about or are popular on this site; it's about holding everyone accountable who works with him. Criticizing only selective artists is undermining and weakens the stance you have against him. All of his collaborators should be held accountable yet this site only wants to focus on one. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 10

9 minutes ago, cat1867 said:

Fletcher song also had Katy  Perry's writing credits on it, so a big sign it was shopped around. So they likely didn't actually work together on the song but produced it at seperate times. 

no idea about the kim song

Fletcher's song sampled I Kissed a Girl.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RadioactiveLights said:

You're right.

Though I checked and they worked on songs for FLETCHER and Kim Petras together. So I guess they're still semi-associated with each other.

FLETCHER's song interpolates Katy's "I Kissed A Girl". Kim wrote her song in Sweden with Max team and Luke probably added his production later.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CroNich said:

:rip:

19 minutes ago, Chris said:

97 users in here.

:dies:

Everyone stream this bop:

Everyone stream this ACTUAL, relevant  bop instead 

• Like 14

1 minute ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

If you have genuine issues with Dr. Luke, consistency matters. It's not just about the artists you care about or are popular on this site; it's about holding everyone accountable who works with him. Criticizing only selective artists is undermining and weakens the stance you have against him. All of his collaborators should be held accountable yet this site only wants to focus on one. 

I agree with you. I wouldn't make excuses for Doja Cat either regardless of the circumstances. Thanks to her he got GRAMMY nominations again, I mean c'mon. Too bad she got stuck with him but, just download her music on dbree or sharemania and support the other million female artists out there who do not work with him. :michael:

2 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

criticizing a pop forum that mostly stans pop girls for only talking about pop music by pop girls to cope with the justified reaction to this is... an interesting route to take, for sure! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 4

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.