Rolling Stone confirms: Katy reunites with Dr. Luke

halcyonday

41 minutes ago, Shinning said:

I do wonder why she gets so much backlash over this when Doja and Nicki get… none? Is it cause she used to be friends with Kesha? Cause like yeah that's foul but the others working with him also show they dgaf about Kesha.

Kesha and Katy were the ones who introduced the GP to Dr. Luke and considering he's known the most as working on their music of course Katy is gonna get the most backlash 

She's so weird for this 

• Like 2

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TomTom

• SmittenCake

• halcyonday

• KatyPrismSpirit

What I always find funny is the sheer amount of producers these artists could go to if they are looking for some serviceable pop production (Ian Kirkpatrick, Koz, Oscar Görres, James Ford, SG Lewis to name a few) yet they still choose to collaborate with someone with such an awful reputation :biblio:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I was actually looking forward to this, but not anymore after hearing p*ke is around... does she really have no confidence in herself, surely she could do something good without him, as the other producers mentioned in this article are good... why is this necessary? does she think she'll avoid the backlash somehow?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Luke and Max martin together Shes reeallly comming I cant wait zsdlkjasdkja.
Give us Head Head Honcho 2.0 :jonny6::jonny6:

• Thumbs Down 4

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, bestfiction said:

But also I wonder... Did the years of pop stardom not yield any interesting industry connections beyond Luke, Max Martin and Cirkut? I think she could deliver a similar aesthetic with someone different or maybe put a more modern/interesting twist on it. I know at least on Witness she co-wrote something with Purity Ring for example 

There's tons of talented pop producers that she could've worked with, but for some reason she chose him instead of them. She's truly dumb. I'm only happy that Max joined the album to help.

Edited by halcyonday
  • Like 6

well it's over

The nun's revenge is upon her. 

Angry How Dare You GIF by Bombay Softwares

• Haha 10

lol.

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

40 minutes ago, Taylor fanboy said:

What does she see in him? :deadbanana2:

Her way back to the #1. Well.... Yeah.... Her vision is quite blurry

• Haha 2

97 users in here.

:dies:

Everyone stream this bop:

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

The timing is interesting. Kesha and Luke released their joint statement in June 2023. And I guess that's around the time Katy started working on this album. It's like the second that statement came out Katy ran straight to Luke. No shame whatsoever.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

How insecure must she be to think that Dr Luke was responsible for her success? :rip:

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, RadioactiveLights said:

Guess this confirms that Max and Luke are still associated with each other

It reads like they are on different songs on the same album. Producers on different songs aren't really associated with each other unless one is an executive producer of the whole album.

• Like 1

Just now, cat1867 said:

It reads like they are on different songs on the same album. Producers on different songs aren't really associated with each other unless one is an executive producer of the whole album.

You're right.

Though I checked and they worked on songs for FLETCHER and Kim Petras together. So I guess they're still semi-associated with each other.

1 minute ago, By the Water said:

How insecure must she be to think that Dr Luke was responsible for her success? :rip:

Girl look at how her last two albums without him performed. 

• Haha 1

Katy Perry has reconnected with Dr. Luke and Max Martin for her upcoming album, Rolling Stone reports.

https://t.co/fm9coQ5Flp

40 minutes ago, rehceeb said:

she might as well endorse Trump for the election :biblio:

I think since we all aware of quality of her skills of learning from her own mistakes she probably thinks witness flopped because she choose the wrong party in 2016 and to get back she needs to root for Trump this time.:rip:You think i'm kidding but I won't be surprised if Cat Valentine of pop actually thinks this way, dancing in toilets fried her brain

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, RadioactiveLights said:

Guess this confirms that Max and Luke are still associated with each other

It was confirmed last year that they are still associated with each other when they both produced Kim Petras's Feed The Beast track "Thousand Pieces":suburban:

Edited by TayDuaStan

Testing the limits of how over an artist can be :rip:

• Haha 10

I wish her nothing but Taylor releasing every remix every version every vault track through out every single or album announcement or release of this era :bird:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

I wonder why the same people saying that katy should burn in hell for working with him now never said anything in protest of All My Life being a grammy winning top 2 hit…just last year or Planet Her, If you have problems with Dr Luke, you should have problems with everyone associating themselves with him. If you only selectively call out Katy, you are either a hypocrite or a misogynist. Why do you not call out the men who go to him for hits?

Edited by KatyPrismSpirit
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 11

1 minute ago, RadioactiveLights said:

You're right.

Though I checked and they worked on songs for FLETCHER and Kim Petras together. So I guess they're still semi-associated with each other.

Fletcher song also had Katy  Perry's writing credits on it, so a big sign it was shopped around. So they likely didn't actually work together on the song but produced it at seperate times. 

no idea about the kim song

If she knew a negative backlash was coming for working with Luke at least the song should have been a certified hit and a really good one like some of Doja's past hits, and based on the reactions (I haven't heard the full leak) it seems like the song doesn't have potential 

Max Martin should have been enough. Is she obligated to work with Luke? Because that's the only reason I find, because a panned song is not worth the backlash.

Unless people are overreacting about the quality of the song.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.