• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TomTom

• SmittenCake

• halcyonday

• KatyPrismSpirit

Ooh, it was bad for her.

23 minutes ago, Ghost said:

I truly would like to know how in the world she and her team thought of planning a big pop comeback without thinking of the backlash that would come with this? 

I mean… we care about this, but does the GP? Idk. The GP doesn't even know who luke is. 

Well...

38valentino.gif

I swear people don't know how to read, so many of ATRLers keep saying the same points over and over about doja, kim, Nicki, etc or how Kesha and Katys past friendship is somehow irrelevant now, it's just annoying.

We need to pin one of @TomTom's clarification posts as a site banner just so people will shut up about it 🥴

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Oh her PR team does NOT give a **** :deadbanana4:

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

Yikes indeed!

• Like 1

well its never really over

• Like 1

Besides the snippet, I am actually excited to hear the album with those producers. 

Also, a lot of  virtue signaling in here. Y'all never cared about the alleged victims, but just use it as a drag in Stan wars :zzz: 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 24

1 minute ago, KevinKDC said:

I mean… we care about this, but does the GP? Idk. The GP doesn't even know who luke is. 

He's the most notorious sexual abuser in the music industry and everyone is aware, be serious. The headlines will be everywhere. This was a messy as **** move from her.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Daddy said:

The press, yeah. 

We live in a time where stan opinions go semi-mainstream with people being way more aware of such things. 

Of course moms will love the track on the radio but is that something to be proud of when the industry and its followers kinda laugh at you?

Kim Petras got such bad press for working with Luke and she was MUCH smaller back then. 

Kesha's performance of Praying at the Grammys was a big deal at the time.

GP won't remember his name off the top of the head but it won't take much to remind them.

• Like 3

Katy, if you're gonna throw away your morals and work with a RAPIST, at least make sure you get a good song out of it. :hoetenks:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, punisher said:

Idk why these old pop girls think it's a good idea to hook up with these washed producers who make dated ass music

the snippet is not helping her case either, sounds like an Ancient Dreams In A Modern Land reference track that the label sent Marina lmao

Lmao say whatever you want to about Dr Puke but him and Max Martin had a lot of hits lately and especially Max Martin. Max was and still is the most successful producer when it comes to pop music. 

• Confused 1

Katy came crawling back to Luke for a hit 

selling your rotted soul just to come back with a surface level female empowerment song (the irony) that's on the same level as the worst marina track. ijbol!

Edited by Dolce Vita
  • Like 5
  • Haha 5

Shameless :doc:

23 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

The outrage against Kim Petras is different because he is A) the sole producer of her music for the most part and B) she is also under his label. And let's be real. She is only known on… pop forums and stan twitter communities. 

Katy is still a mainstream artist. If nobody batted an eye when he produced for Lil Durk and J. Cole last year (ON A GRAMMY WINNING TOP 2 HIT) then why would anybody care if he is co-producing songs for Katy? He did Super Freaky Girl, nobody cared. He did half of Planet Her, and ended up making lile 5 global smash hits for her. Now that the lawsuits are over and settled and nobody is convicted of anything in the legal system, I doubt that this will be a "disaster" for her. But I could be wrong. BUT, it would be severely selective. 

it will be selective outrage, even if i think it is deserved, at the end of the day, katy is a woman and she is under more scrutiny than lil durk and j cole, lbr

43 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

drag away ATRL, she's all yours :weeps:

we don't want her either, give her to the little monsters :coffee2:

• Haha 1

She's back with Max?

ig it's Never Really Over:jonny5:

• Thanks 1

I know the monsters aren't in here talking sh*t when their fave collabed with R Kelly whose crimes have been known FOR DECADES

And unlike Luke R Kelly was actually convicted

The lack of self-awareness is astonishing as usual

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 22

Edited by KatyPrismSpirit

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.