Rolling Stone confirms: Katy reunites with Dr. Luke

halcyonday

1 minute ago, Aethereal said:

Compare the spinnet, this with SEX-Y CONI-DENT.

morals OUT

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TomTom

• SmittenCake

• halcyonday

• KatyPrismSpirit

That song is a hot mess unfortunately. I feel so bad about her musical career and KC's. She doesn't want to improve herself actually. When I heard lyrics from the snippet, I feel exhausted. When they release, I'll listen it once but not twice.

For all the Dr. Luke madness, I don't think that bad about it. If they had produced a really good, catchy comeback single, all this nonsense wouldn't even be talked about.

On 6/19/2024 at 8:06 AM, popstyle said:

Kesha fans do not enter. Thank, bye.

I have never seen a post get this many downvotes before. Like, you must have set some kind of record.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

Just now, blackoutbaby said:

I have never seen a post get this many downvotes before. Like, you must have set some kind of record.

I thought the exact same thing :ahh:

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Communion said:

This man has been reported as a misogynist who abuses vulnerable artists for two decades. Part of why his career cliff-dived so easily after Kesha's allegations is that he himself was already at odds with and not in the good graces of many pop girls. He has never worked with Taylor, Gaga, Ariana, etc.. P!nk made it clear how she hates him. Kelly has been outspoken over how she thinks he's a bully and an ego-maniac who hates women. His demeanor and interactions were defined by continuous workplace bullying and demeaning of female artists. The horror that he originally saw himself as a future Clive Davis or Jimmy Iovine who built and made women's careers.

He actucally has worked with Taylor; however it was a flop. It was the single before "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" but she was a featured artist; I agree that he has an ego(from what I observe); didn't Katy imply he has a huge ego and deserves to because he has so many hits during her testimony on the Kesha vs Dr Luke trial?

Edited by Junipero

The clown truly came back to bite huh

30757446-8522483-image-a-36_159474457091

• Haha 2

A Saweetie collab? It's over before it even began :rip:

• Haha 2

Damn. She is really cooked isn't she. 
Did this to herself. 

spacer.png

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Lyrical. said:

A Saweetie collab? It's over before it even began :rip:

Wait where did you hear that lol

1 hour ago, blackoutbaby said:

I think the one blaming Ariana for Manchester might've gotten more :rip:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Junipero said:

He actucally has worked with Taylor; however it was a flop. It was the single before "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" but she was a featured artist;

In 2012 lmao, and given that flop of a song was a rent-a-pop-artist-to-sing-the-hook affair I genuinely doubt if Taylor was even in the same room as B.o.B. let alone Lukas :rip:

You know all this talk made me think about how Lukas' career would've gone if Kelly Clarkson hadn't won American Idol-- as some of you might know she wasn't the frontrunner for most of the series, and it was the specific circumstance of Kelly trying to break free of her Idol image that let Lukas in through the back door...

I guess his connections with Max might've bagged him a job or two but he would've still been stuck with playing guitars on SNL :rip:

30 minutes ago, ratedreid said:

Wait where did you hear that lol

I'm just speculating because she posted a video with her lol

• ATRL Moderator
On 6/20/2024 at 7:15 PM, Virgos Groove said:

Whewww :clap3::clap3::clap3:

I have nothing to add other than I didn't actually know that Kelly Clarkson forum story. :rip: Christ, he's horrible.

On 6/20/2024 at 7:36 PM, Communion said:

Some of the mods here are big Kelly fans so I'm sure there is someone who remembers more, but yes, he spent the early-days of his success trolling KCE and literally asking fans for their phone numbers so he could play them what he alleged was his first demo of SUBG and telling them Kelly was a liar for taking credit for his work.

Most of his posts on another forum - Pulse - are still up. Him spending his days of being now a #1-hitmaker tracking the airplay updates to Kelly and P!nk songs. Tracking "Stupid Girls" and its airplay updates and telling users it was bombing and how badly P!nk messed up for pushing it as the lead over his tracks. Calling "Never Again" a bomb and being obsessed with how it performed - made worse knowing now, over ten years later, the story of Clive looping in Luke to try and force Kelly to agree to take 6 of his demos for My December and her turning him and Clive down. The story of the original MLWSWY demo having weirdly pointed and innuendo-filled lyrics, Kelly only agreeing to record it if the label let her re-write it with Claude Kelly.

All of this - and much more - is important and relevant because it continually shows a man who has no actual respect for women. A man who treats the women in his industry with contempt. A man who thinks women don't get to have autonomy and boundaries. These were women whose label hired him, and thus were - in effect - his boss. Imagine signing up to ATRL *under your real name* and openly ****-talking female colleagues and clients your job has you working for, particularly in loaded, misogynistic ways. Mocking or mentioning even their physical appearance.

Let alone what he was then doing to female artists he had by far more power over and who he could interact with in private. The way Gaga spoke about walking into his studio, seeing Kesha standing there half-naked and disoriented, and it speaking to a trauma deep inside of her that left her feeling sick and disturbed. I'm ranting now but there's just genuinely no way for pop fans to claim to care about women at large and female pop stars yet defend a man who so clearly and deeply hates women. I hope he burns in hell.

Yeah, literally since she was promoting the album in 2004, Kelly has been open about how the demo of Since U Been Gone was very bubblegum pop and not at all what it ended up becoming (I think Max originally wrote it with it being rock inspired in mind, but he had a track record of success with bubblegum pop even if that sound had phased out at that point, and that's what labels were wanting from him).  She told them that she thought the song should be rocked out, and she said they lit up and said "That's what we want to do!"  Luke started arguing with fans on Kelly boards, saying she was lying and then straight up calling some fans to play whatever demo over the phone.  I remember the fans that he called said that whatever he played definitely fit Kelly's description and was very different and poppy.

His worst posts from Pulse were deleted, where he was saying how Kelly was "getting fat" and whatnot.  But he is such an egomaniac that he literally was posting there quite a bit to root on her failure since she dared to have the audacity to not work with him. 

Another thing Kelly mentioned was how Luke made her look bad behind the scenes when she was working on Breakaway, and took credit for her work.  RCA originally lied to Kelly and told her that they were going to have her work with Max and Luke because "they have a track they want you to write with them", which wasn't exactly true....she showed up with lyric ideas prepared, but Max and Luke were under the impression that she was just coming to cut vocals for Since U Been Gone, the song they had written already.  It was awkward, and they felt kind of bad about it, so they gave her another track to write lyrics to (which ended up being Behind These Hazel Eyes).  

However, Luke was having conversations with Clive behind her back and basically telling him "we let her write a couple of lines to feel included", like they were "coddling the pop star diva trying to be a serious artist" or whatever, when in reality, Kelly wrote all the lyrics herself.  He was taking credit for her work and trying to prop himself up.  And it bummed her out because this was still in a time where she was working hard to prove herself as a songwriter and artist with a vision to Clive (who had no respect for her as an artist or songwriter, and literally laughed at and mocked Because of You when she originally played it for him) and everyone else at her label.

But yeah.  When one person has a bad experience like that, that should be enough for any workplace to take some sort of action.  When multiple other big names have bad experiences, and another one is raped and abused on a higher level for years......it's mindblowing that he's just being allowed back in like this.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 6

25 minutes ago, MissedTheTrain said:

Yeah, literally since she was promoting the album in 2004, Kelly has been open about how the demo of Since U Been Gone was very bubblegum pop and not at all what it ended up becoming (I think Max originally wrote it with it being rock inspired in mind, but he had a track record of success with bubblegum pop, even if that sound had phased out at that point, and that's what labels were wanting from him).  She told them that she thought the song should be rocked out, and she said they lit up and said "That's what we want to do!"  Luke started arguing with fans on Kelly boards, saying she was lying and then straight up calling some fans to play whatever demo over the phone.  I remember the fans that he called said that whatever he played definitely fit Kelly's description and was very different and poppy.

His worst posts from Pulse were deleted, where he was saying how Kelly was "getting fat" and whatnot.  But he is such an egomaniac that he literally was posting there quite a bit to root on her failure since she dared to have the audacity to not work with him. 

Another thing Kelly mentioned was how Luke made her look bad behind the scenes when she was working on Breakaway, and took credit for her work.  RCA originally lied to Kelly and told her that they were going to have her work with Max and Luke because "they have a track they want you to write with them", which wasn't exactly true....she showed up with lyric ideas prepared, but Max and Luke were under the impression that she was just coming to cut vocals for Since U Been Gone, the song they had written already.  It was awkward, and they felt kind of bad about it, so they gave her another track to write lyrics to (which ended up being Behind These Hazel Eyes).  However, Luke was having conversations with Clive behind her back and basically telling him "we let her write a couple of lines to feel included", like "coddling the singer girl trying to be an artist" or whatever, when in reality, Kelly wrote all the lyrics herself.  He was taking credit for her work and trying to prop himself up.  And it bummed her out because this was still in a time where she was working hard to prove herself as a songwriter and artist with a vision to Clive (who had laughed at and mocked Because of You when she originally played it for him) and everyone else at her label.

But yeah.  When one person has a bad experience like that, that should be enough for any workplace to take some sort of action.  When multiple other big names have bad experiences, and another one is raped and abused on a higher level for years......it's mindblowing that he's just being allowed back in like this.

It just goes to show where the power sits in the industry still, with the rich, white, straight men.mp3 sitting at the top

• Like 2

She's beyond vile

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

I think Kesha fans need to let this go. She is in a different and hopefully better part of her career and i look forward to her new music.

I also don't care about Katy working with Luke as long as he produces bops for her. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 3
  • Thumbs Down 13

9 hours ago, Communion said:

I honestly really just can't believe Katy's going through with this. It feels like a fever dream. I get so many details can be lost, but reading everything over the years, what he did to Kesha remains just so.... vivid. The report that he stood over her as she cried on the floor in his Malibu home during a meeting, him threatening to hit her. The fight before led by him calling her a "fat ******* *****" over and over. Her running barefoot and crying down the highway outside of his home calling her manager because she was afraid he was going to physically hurt her.

This man has been reported as a misogynist who abuses vulnerable artists for two decades. Part of why his career cliff-dived so easily after Kesha's allegations is that he himself was already at odds with and not in the good graces of many pop girls. He has never worked with Taylor, Gaga, Ariana, etc.. P!nk made it clear how she hates him. Kelly has been outspoken over how she thinks he's a bully and an ego-maniac who hates women. His demeanor and interactions were defined by continuous workplace bullying and demeaning of female artists. The horror that he originally saw himself as a future Clive Davis or Jimmy Iovine who built and made women's careers.

Even if one can convince themselves that Kesha would falsely allege being raped and derail her career overnight just for fun, there's a myriad of behavior by Luke that makes his accolades and reverence within the industry problematic. What man works with a female artist in the studio and then spends his free-time on pop music forums bashing her, calling her fat, not talented on her own, etc.? What other industry would such (blatantly insecure) behavior be deemed appropriate? He got the first big hit of his career - finally free from pushing drugs as a drummer backstage on SNL - and was spending his time calling fans on KellyClarksonExpress to tell them Kelly's a liar and HE came up with SUBG?

I openly resent Katy for doing this. For wanting to be the one to roll out the red carpet for him. For trying to bring him back to pop music and putting her legacy down as collateral to vouch for him. After he spent his years in exile preying on young women (Lourdiz and Snow Wife were both 12 [!] when Kesha's allegations came out). Finally giving artists of color (he in 2015 was telling Azealia Banks he was going to make her have future #1s :rip:) and queer artists (using Kim's trans identity as a shield) his time only because his alleged crimes lost him the kind of power and resources as a former industry superstar he once had.

I don't even care if Katy flops. I don't care how much money Luke makes - he will forever be rich by inserting himself into the industry like a parasite with his publishing company as he's done. But every Capitol Records employee who green-lit this horrific project deserves to fail. There needs to be moral and financial consequences for rehabilitating people who harm women. It needs to fail on the business and corporate level. It needs to do so bad that management and business and sales and creative employees of Capitol lose jobs and face lay-offs and see resources consolidated for how much money this cruel and weird ass business choice has made them bleed.

Ryan Gosling Clap GIF

"I don't care she works with Dr. Luke as long as they produce bops"

This brings success stan to whole new level, I'm disgusted to the core :biblio:

• Like 11
  • Thumbs Down 3

On 6/19/2024 at 3:15 PM, Ghost said:

I truly would like to know how in the world she and her team thought of planning a big pop comeback without thinking of the backlash that would come with this? 

Or maybe the want a bit of backlash — a bit of controversy — a bit of extra media noise. She is making a comeback and comebacks are hard. When an established artist resumes career after some time off, they arent' guaranteed front page headline automatically. They may need to generate one.

There's no artist on earth that wants the word rape associated with their comeback. No one wants that sort of attention. She's just extraordinarily tone deaf and desperate for a hit.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, spiritboy said:

I think Kesha fans need to let this go.

Let me think about it…

No :)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, spiritboy said:

I think Kesha fans need to let this go. She is in a different and hopefully better part of her career and i look forward to her new music.

I also don't care about Katy working with Luke as long as he produces bops for her. 

Girl the Katy cats are just as much responsible for this, if not more so. They've become unglued ever since kesha tweeted lol and rolling stone article came out. 

Edited by CroNich
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, TomTom said:

Let me think about it…

No :)

Well then, you can stay bitter about it while we enjoy new music :fan:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.