Rolling Stone confirms: Katy reunites with Dr. Luke

halcyonday

She really sold her soul because the lack of integrity and congruence with the music/producer/visuals is something that could only be born from darkness. 

• Haha 3

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TomTom

• SmittenCake

• halcyonday

• KatyPrismSpirit

Throwback:

The real test of Gottwald's return will be when a truly A-list pop star openly works with him again. His onetime collaborator Katy Perry, for instance, is due for a new album.

:rip::rip::rip:

• Haha 8

I love how this era is shaping up to be the most expensive era in her career yet she's going to flop.

Not only her downfall is coming, but she's also going broke:keir:

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, Espresso said:

Not @Communion's post starting to trend :deadbanana: This just showed up on my feed :deadvision:

DESERVED :clap3:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TomTom said:

DESERVED :clap3:

Is that in this thread or the other one :deadbanana: I lost track :deadbanana:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Espresso said:

Is that in this thread or the other one :deadbanana: I lost track :deadbanana:

• Like 1

and...the comeback is over it even started. congrats katy you played yourself.

• Like 2

Damn, washed up AND morally bankrupt. Double homicide :deadbanana2:

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Mb139 Kesha52nd said:

I love how this era is shaping up to be the most expensive era in her career yet she's going to flop.

Not only her downfall is coming, but she's also going broke:keir:

How can you be this ignorant of the music business on a music forum? She is a Universal Music artist, signed to Capitol Records. They commissioned the album. They bear the cost of its production. They pay for the music videos. They pay for the playlisting. They pay for the radio push. Capitol owns the rights to the recorded music. The label may have advanced royalties to Katy before production began, in which case she will earn no royalties from the project until Capitol has recouped that amount. 

• Like 1

Kats are all over Twitter claiming she's working with him because she has a contract lol

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

Kats are all over Twitter claiming she's working with him because she has a contract lol

:rip: that's so embarrassing 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

Not only is this a shameless lie, as pointed out in this thread as well as contradicted by her own testimony, it also completely downplays and belittles the struggle of artists who actually have a contract with Dr. Luke.

Katy Perry has been (largely) carrying Capitol Records on her back for over a decade and has found herself in an incredibly privileged position thanks to achieving a status that allows her to basically do whatever she wants with whomever she wants (evidenced by the quote in the article at issue saying she recruited the team she views as perfect for her upcoming album).

Kesha, on the other hand, has been exploited for half her life because Luke successfully managed to keep her locked up in a 2005 baby artist contract that even a decade of litigation and millions of dollars in legal fees weren't able to break.

Doja Cat is seemingly obliged to allow Dr. Luke to claim writing credits for songs he did not work on to prevent getting sued for not fulfilling recording commitments with him just like Kesha was.

Becky G started releasing music in Spanish to avoid having to work with Dr. Luke anymore after she exposed how he blackmailed her to promote his water brand in a lawsuit.

Producers like J Kash and Ammo filed lawsuits against Dr. Luke for trying to tie them up forever in bad publishing contracts that have long expired with fraudulent arguments.

The point is, apart from being plainly false, actually having a contract with Dr. Luke is a struggle for most people to whom this applies…a struggle that Katy simply never had to face.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

33 minutes ago, AvadaKedavra said:

Something definitely happened to KATY PERRY after 2014-2015. Katy changed a lot personality wise.
Her mental health was not the same as before. From quirky classy lady to clown in haywire crisis mode
Her new group of friends in 2015-2016 was also very Extremist and they pushed her to the witness political thing :giraffe: and then betrayed her and now she's half-MAGA
i saw the witness livestream and they lived in a bubble and were very annoying :dancehall:

--------------------------------------------

I also blame Taylor Swift. 
I love Taylor so so much but i will never forget how this Demon tried to destroy her and ruined her goodwill just cause she wanted the Crown as America's Sweetheart
Now years later we confirmed how she wants every female to be under her. it was not about the john mayer or dancers thing. It was about POWER!
She never apologized about this. Katy had to be the one askin for forgiveness when she was the victim :biblionny:
Then she got her karma with snakegate. That was well deserved.

EPpTKpbU8AQauyH.jpg

We also had this evil woman who was very jealous of katy too cause she was flopping real bad :eli:

Lady-Gaga-tweet-copy.jpgQZvx7kv.gif

and then the gossipers. Both flopping with their records and angry about katy success

gaga-kesha.jpg  

Poor katy :emofish: always a victim of this evil POP industry :gaycat6: Now we get why she's so angry with the world

Katy_Perry_cries.width-800.jpg

lets give a stream to her new record and singles
Lets give her some reparations
Yes you! the one reading this thread

mFKMGZH.gif

As much as I try to stay away from those silly stan wars, I actually agree with this, and I think it's a rather unpopular opinion. Katy has always been very silly, but I believe she never meant any harm until the thing with Taylor came out (where I definitely "blame" Taylor, I think the facts are on Katy's side). That forced her to go shady against Taylor, and when Taylor won over the public, everyone turned against Katy in that silly battle. Her cringe behavior and image during the Witness era made it even worse. She never managed to deal with Taylor's attack properly and lost the battle. With her own career mistakes, she then spiraled into the mess she is now. Not to give Taylor credit for ruining Katy's career, but I think Katy was always looking for validation from the general public, and it was taken away from her around that time.

Working with Dr. Luke is a very stupid choice, but I somehow believe she simply doesn't have an issue with him and probably doesn't believe he's a rapist. Those girls who now expect integrity from her were always awful to her, either in public or behind closed doors.  :cm:

Please don't @ me for that; it's just my loose thoughts. :bird:

• Like 3

I believe that Katy's platform was used to promote political agenda, and this is absolutely a blow to the her mentality, at least when these goals were not achieved.

I read an "article" and, to be honest, there is something to think about.

They should have never made up the contract lie :ahh:

• Haha 2

IMDb: Katy Perry Heckled After New Single Leaks

Katy Perry didn't anticipate this kind of reaction. The American Idol judge stepped away from the singing competition to work on new music.

She teased her new single, which leaked on the internet.

Some fans call it the "worst thing" to come out of her career.

It's even worse than her previous singles "Roar" and "Chained to the Rhythm." Katy got heckled amid her big comeback. 

:rip:

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, MonsterNavy said:

and her whole idea of having "the biggest comeback" is having the rapist back on her record? max martin alone could've done it. i -

yep Max just worked his magic on eternal sunshine and got Ari a huge hit and successful comeback album. so disappointed in katheryn for this, all this for some dated lukasz productions is NOT going to be worth it

51 minutes ago, Mattically said:

As much as I try to stay away from those silly stan wars, I actually agree with this, and I think it's a rather unpopular opinion. Katy has always been very silly, but I believe she never meant any harm until the thing with Taylor came out (where I definitely "blame" Taylor, I think the facts are on Katy's side). That forced her to go shady against Taylor, and when Taylor won over the public, everyone turned against Katy in that silly battle. Her cringe behavior and image during the Witness era made it even worse. She never managed to deal with Taylor's attack properly and lost the battle. With her own career mistakes, she then spiraled into the mess she is now. Not to give Taylor credit for ruining Katy's career, but I think Katy was always looking for validation from the general public, and it was taken away from her around that time.

Working with Dr. Luke is a very stupid choice, but I somehow believe she simply doesn't have an issue with him and probably doesn't believe he's a rapist. Those girls who now expect integrity from her were always awful to her, either in public or behind closed doors.  :cm:

Please don't @ me for that; it's just my loose thoughts. :bird:

yeah Witness era (and the WWW stream) was really something else. it was clear that she had NOT been in a good space and was surrounding herself with a bunch of clowns, probably trying to find something spiritual. I don't think she ever really recovered from that mentality although she's had some good things like Orlando and Daisy in her life.

i am NOT trying to defend her here as i'm so disappointed as a fan, but honestly when looking at all this and of course her upbringing, it's really not all that surprising or shocking that she is OK with luke

5 hours ago, TomTom said:

Wrong. 

Show me proof he was found guilty then lol

• Thumbs Down 2

2 hours ago, TomTom said:

the fact that post is literally incorrect :bibliahh:

the way theyre discrediting doja and nicki as pop girls to make puke seem less successful is just funny. 

• Thumbs Down 6

19 minutes ago, KevinKDC said:

Show me proof he was found guilty then lol

Settling to avoid being found guilty by a jury ≠ being acquitted by a jury/winning a jury verdict.

Dr. Luke is not Johnny Depp.

• Like 2

let me read this thread finally and get my kiis 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Virgos Groove said:

Even if we were to ignore the moral disaster this decision entails (and no, we're NOT gonna ignore it), it's embarassing that she's returning to Luke in the hopes of getting a hit.

For years, her haters have attributed her success to Luke and she went ahead and said "YES! That's correct! Me and my 15-year-old career are hopeless without Dr. Luke! I am literally incapable of producing a hit without a rapist! ☝️😃". Does she have zero confidence in her artistry? :dies:

There are endless producers, both established and up-and-coming, who would work with her, but she's gonna rehabilitate an abuser instead. Like @Communion said, this doesn't just deserve to bomb, it needs to. It needs to bomb so hard it sends ripples through the industry and no one dares touching his recycled beats ever again.

It remains to organize the premiere of the song at the feminist congress, as Demi sang "Heart Attack" at the cardiology convention about heart disease. :rip:

• Haha 4

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.