Rolling Stone confirms: Katy reunites with Dr. Luke

halcyonday

3 minutes ago, KevinKDC said:

How tho? Where was the Nicki backlash? 

There's no accountability when it comes to rap and hip hop artists working with assaulters like Luke. There's a reason why he snuck into the rap genre, with an alias, and produced music for rappers. It's normalized to work with thugs, killers, rapists etc. 

Nicki gets dragged all the time for her stupid decisions. The only difference? Katy Perry's fanbase is nowhere near as big as the Barbz. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TomTom

• SmittenCake

• halcyonday

• KatyPrismSpirit

And the other thing about Katy that some of y'all aren't talking into consideration is that there was overlap between her and Kesha. They've known each other. 

• Like 5

Not gonna believe it until I see the credits on the booklet.

27 minutes ago, KevinKDC said:

How tho? Where was the Nicki backlash? 

Are you serious? Her reputation is outrageous even if she has a loyal fanbase. She's lucky that being an outrageous person in her genre is considered kinda edgy and cool. Nobody is checking up for Miss Katheryn. She fell off harder than my dear Nelly Furtado.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Starting to think that Katy is the real mean girl in music industry. 

Taylor was right about her :suburban:

• Like 1

Sadly, it's true nobody in the real world really cares about this situation enough for any of the artists that willingly work with him to receive real backlash. Kim Petras not breaking out at the height of her peak has more to do with the music she was releasing not being mainstream enough, it didn't really have much to do with working with him. It affected her niche audience a bit and she got some bad press, but it simply just hasn't worked out for her. Yes, all the girls that have willingly worked with him (this is not Doja's case at all) should receive backlash, but at the end of the day, people are going to listen to whatever is being played on playlists, at the club, on commercials, etc without really caring who did what. If Katy fails for the third time, it's simply because the last time she was musically relevant was a decade ago and simply no one cares about her branding anymore. It's the same with Kesha, and it's the same with 90% of mainstream artists.

Anyway, **** dr puke, that rat katy perra, and I hope Kesha receives justice in the industry

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Donquizote said:

Starting to think that Katy is the real mean girl in music industry. 

Taylor was right about her :suburban:

There can be many mean people in the industry that contains millions

moo.png

2 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

There can be many mean people in the industry that contains millions

moo.png

Yes there can be many mean girls in music industry and one of them is Katy Perry who betrays her friend, works with a rapist, and steals someone's dancers to sabotage someone's tour :suburban:

2 minutes ago, Donquizote said:

Yes there can be many mean girls in music industry and one of them is Katy Perry who betrays her friend, works with a rapist, and steals someone's dancers to sabotage someone's tour :suburban:

The last one was debunked a decade ago.

moo.png

• Like 1

Was the song Madonna was shown working on with Max Martin something for Katy? A collaboration?

I feel like the whole narrative pushed in all these years that she needed Luke back in order to smash again somehow must have reached her (and team) because I don't see any valid explanation for this poor choice, especially with so many producers around that could have given to her the sound she was looking for this project, she still is a huge name in the industry she could have worked with anybody without having to rely to that pig again.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, TomTom said:

I guess Alfred has created another dupe account.

The Perfume avi is 100% Alfred. The fact that Perfume was produced by Luke too. :eddie: 

• Haha 1

hannah montana ended katy perry

This would only work in her benefit if Luke has a Dark Horse up his sleeve. But based on the snippet it's giving the opposite. 

3 hours ago, Cheers said:

Idk why yall want a 40 year old to re-do Teenage Dream so badly :rip: 

:dies:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bhabylon said:

stan twitter has rotted some of your brains because why are people deliberately defending and stanning a rapist over... the fireworks girl of all people :rip: 

mental illness

Right. At least pick a better hill to die on. :dies:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ChooseyLover said:

Are you serious? Her reputation is outrageous even if she has a loyal fanbase. She's lucky that being an outrageous person in her genre is considered kinda edgy and cool. Nobody is checking up for Miss Katheryn. She fell off harder than my dear Nelly Furtado.

So much emotion… which I fully understand and validate.

but radically AGAIN where is the prove that anyone out of stan culture even cares about an artist working with dr luke? My prove that they don't care is the fact that he still is having huge hits and that none of those artists received any backlash from the GP.

To be clear; I agree with the fact that itself is disappointing that she is working with Luke again, but to go so far and saying she will get cancelled is a huge stretch. Especially since Luke was found not guilty.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, KevinKDC said:

So much emotion… which I fully understand and validate.

but radically AGAIN where is the prove that anyone out of stan culture even cares about an artist working with dr luke? My prove that they don't care is the fact that he still is having huge hits and that none of those artists received any backlash from the GP.

To be clear; I agree with the fact that itself is disappointing that she is working with Luke again, but to go so far and saying she will get cancelled is a huge stretch. Especially since Luke was found not guilty.

I can see how you're objectively right somehow. This man has received GRAMMY nominations and chart entries even during litigation. But I think the debate is even starting to be a bit pointless. I expected a bigger uproar or reaction but nobody really cares about him or her enough. Her image is tainted though, I can't see how this will help her at all.

14 hours ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Do you actually believe that anybody cares about him producing her song outside of pop forums? 

This the gp doesn't know or care about these things. 

3 hours ago, SmittenCake said:

There's no accountability when it comes to rap and hip hop artists working with assaulters like Luke. There's a reason why he snuck into the rap genre, with an alias, and produced music for rappers. It's normalized to work with thugs, killers, rapists etc. 

Nicki gets dragged all the time for her stupid decisions. The only difference? Katy Perry's fanbase is nowhere near as big as the Barbz. 

Nicki literally married a murderer/rapist and her fans didnt care so yes you are right on that. 

Are people being serious about wanting another Teenage Dream from Katy? Setting her up to fail which explains her bizarre decision to work with Dr. Luke again. Katy is never going to re-create Teenage Dream successfully because: 1. it's 2024 not 2010 and 2. it's a defining album of the 2010's and a classic pop album. An attempt to re-hash Teenage Dream will be just that...a cheap re-hash of her glory days. She should have used this opportunity to challenge herself artistically and do something fresh for her regardless of chart performance (ex: how Miley gradually pulled herself outta the critical and commercial flop with Plastic Hearts which paved the way for her Flowers moment). 

If she was smart she'd know HITS come from the artist and not from the producer 

MJ left quincy Jones for Jimmy jam/Terry Lewis and kept the hits flowing 

Britney left Max Martin for the neptunes/bloodshy/danja and kept the hits flowing 

Which goes to show you Katy is a true puppet with no identity apart from what the producers carved for her before

16 hours ago, Virgos Groove said:

Katy, if you're gonna throw away your morals and work with a RAPIST, at least make sure you get a good song out of it. :hoetenks:

honestly. woman's world is whack :deadbanana: i thought the luke rumors were false, im shocked he produced THAT

Despite the fact that I've been listening to Katy Perry's music for quite some time, I have to admit that this is a heart-wrenching situation, for many reasons

I'm not going to analyze her track record here, I just admit that her music has certain qualities that people like, and that's okay. 

So far, all the all available pieces of mosaic do not add up to an adequate and positive picture.

It seems to me that all the risks have been calculated and taken into account, as well as the possible consequences.

Let's see where this leads in the end.

Edited by Bends
  • Like 2

This is disappointing. 

... if this new single is bad ooof. This could have been such a moment if she came back with a banger. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.