• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TomTom

• SmittenCake

• halcyonday

• KatyPrismSpirit

48 minutes ago, TomTom said:

Dr. Luke was not CONVICTED because he was smart enough to SETTLE his case after Kesha WON several appeals at New York's highest court that RUINED his chances of winning a jury trial. What's not CLICKING? 

My understanding is they settled the civil case where Dr. Luke counter-sued. Was there even a criminal case? I thought it was all in the civil courts because Kesha just wanted to be free of her contract.

Edited by ramcor

Just now, ramcor said:

My understanding is they settled the civil case where Dr. Luke counter sued. Where there even a criminal case? I thought it was all in the civil courts, because Kesha just wanted to be free of her contract.

Correct!

The KatyCats on Twitter now saying that she's stuck in a contract :bibliahh:

It gets even worse: Twitter Barbz are the only people defending you :deadbanana:

I've never seen an era end so quickly. 

• Haha 10

4 minutes ago, SmittenCake said:

It gets even worse: Twitter Barbz are the only people defending you :deadbanana:

:ahh: 

For what? :ahh: 

3 minutes ago, SmittenCake said:

No one will talk about this in 2 days. 

Most ppl trying to cancel her were streaming Say So and Kiss Me More. If the music is good ppl will stan

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Just now, Apolonio said:

:ahh: 

For what? :ahh: 

The big barb accounts trying to say everyone works w Luke 💀

And this person getting dragged for trying to say she's in a contract 

1 minute ago, tiagol88 said:

Most ppl trying to cancel her were streaming Say So and Kiss Me More. If the music is good ppl will stan

No one will talk about this? Wait for the viral tiktoks sis 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tiagol88 said:

Agreed!

I ain't worried bout nuthin'

mhmmmmm

Can't wait for KP6! YASSSSS

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

4 minutes ago, SmittenCake said:

The big barb accounts trying to say everyone works w Luke 💀

And this person getting dragged for trying to say she's in a contract 

Even if this were true (which we know it's not) Katy is not some struggling upcoming artist who has to do what her label says. She could easily buy her way out of her contract if she wanted to and no label is going to force her to work with people she doesn't want to

• Like 2

well since the song is bad and an Ava Max reject... she has nothing rooting for her this time

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Serious question, did Nicki Minaj, Doja Cat or anyone else take a lot of heat from ATRL or the general public for working with Dr. Luke? I know Kim Petras did, but she was also messy for directly saying Kesha lied.

3 minutes ago, ramcor said:

Serious question, did Nicki Minaj, Doja Cat or anyone else take a lot of heat from ATRL or the general public for working with Dr. Luke? I know Kim Petras did, but she was also messy for directly saying Kesha lied.

Yes lol.  But imo Doja should be excused given she signed with him prior to Kesha case, she denounced him publicly, and stopped working with him (Scarlet).  But people still love to loop her into

this discussion…when she didn't really have a choice (well, a way out…rather). 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, SmittenCake said:

It didn't even start and she's already flopping :bibliahh:

• Haha 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

23 minutes ago, tiagol88 said:

That's what people are saying though. The music ISN'T good. :skull:

• Haha 6

I don't even stan Katy, but she tried making music without Luke and kept flopping for years. This is her last hail mary so let hear the music.

• Like 1

On one hand the general public have no idea who Dr Luke is and who produces songs in general,  on the other hand it's the internet era and small but loud voices spread across and people are gonna be aware about negative aura around her comeback 

Katy Perry needs to find a truly strong hit song to appeal to casuals, otherwise it's gonna stain her comeback hard 

Both her and her team are dumbasses. Did they really think this is going to go down well? She's one viral video away from replacing J.Lo as internet's new punching bag.

The fact the song sounds horrible too makes things even worse. If you're gonna throw your morals away at last make sure you snag a smash.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, tiagol88 said:

Sadly the 'good music' doesn't seem to be in the room for Katy right now :suburban:

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, tiagol88 said:

Now about that...

anigif_sub-buzz-25972-1479741401-2.gif

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

The outrage against Kim Petras is different because he is A) the sole producer of her music for the most part and B) she is also under his label. And let's be real. She is only known on… pop forums and stan twitter communities. 

Katy is still a mainstream artist. If nobody batted an eye when he produced for Lil Durk and J. Cole last year (ON A GRAMMY WINNING TOP 2 HIT) then why would anybody care if he is co-producing songs for Katy? He did Super Freaky Girl, nobody cared. He did half of Planet Her, and ended up making lile 5 global smash hits for her. Now that the lawsuits are over and settled and nobody is convicted of anything in the legal system, I doubt that this will be a "disaster" for her. But I could be wrong. BUT, it would be severely selective. 

Not sure if anyone has said this in the thread already (I'm late), but this is not true.  

He was only added to Woman, Been Like This, Ain't ****, and Alone a year after PH was released.  Clearly stolen credits in exchange for him not being on Scarlet.  

He only "worked on" NTK, You Right, and KMM…and highly suspicious of his contributions on KMM at that.

So "half" is a stretch.  Just sayin lol.   

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, ramcor said:

Even when you're a dupe let me answer. Doja took some heat, but she was under contractual obligations and was signed under L*uke's label before Kesha's case. We already know Nicki collects awful people like infinity stones so it was no surprise. Katy is taking the heat because most of ATRL had her in the same level as many other pop girls who refuse to work with him

• Like 2

They really think katy is tied to a contract 

:bibliahh:

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, BrokenMachine said:

We already know Nicki collects awful people like infinity stones so it was no surprise.

:bibliahh:

• Haha 1

apparently Katy signed a 6-album deal with luke before Kesha's lawsuit and instead of following a similar battle in the courts, katy decided to just go with it :rip:

https://fotpforums.com/topic/198985-why-katy-perry-is-returning-to-dr-luke-now/

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.