• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TomTom

• SmittenCake

• halcyonday

• KatyPrismSpirit

21 minutes ago, Green said:

Katy being dragged for working with Dr. Luke is not going to make Kesha to get a hit though.

Believing a pop star career should mean selling one's soul to get hits, how Katy Perry of you.

• Thanks 8

A genuinely, insanely stupid move to make. I just know this was born out of desperation and a bunch of old, male execs sitting in a board room thinking of ways to help Katy Perry make a comeback. The level of disconnect and cognitive dissonance it takes to create a female empowerment song with an alleged rapist will go down in recent history as one of the worst moves by a popstar's team.

I just know the logic was "the political climate calls for a female empowerment anthem so let's make that! And people loved Teenage Dream so let's bring back Luke!" The fact that Katy herself was not like, "nah" shows who she really is.

This era is over before it began.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Taylor please release the Anthology vinyls the same day as her album release. 

This RAT deserves the worst! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Bends said:

"S&M" (2011). :rip:

UPD: Sorry, it's "Diamonds" (2012). 

No? They produced for Selena Gomez's Revival and Coldplay in 2015

• Like 1

3 massive PR disaster flop eras in a row. Is that a record?

• Haha 1

Dr Luke and Max Martin? There will be bops for sure! 

• Like 1

If you're going to risk bad press by getting back with Luke at least pull out a MASTERPIECE like Say So or an undeniable catchy TikTok bop like Super Freaky Girl. The snippet she posted sounds horrid :rip:

34 minutes ago, TomTom said:

Believing a pop star career should mean selling one's soul to get hits, how Katy Perry of you.

When did I say that? I wish Katy didn't work with him and I doubt this song will be a hit.

I'm just saying using Katy Perry as a punching bag it's not enough promo for Kesha's new era.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Katy Perry just LOVES to be the clown of pop, isn't it?

PRC_159530705.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&z

It's too late for them to pull something like this. It was only plausible when the GP was still by her side around 2017. Them doing something like this in 2024 when the only people still checking for her was the stan world just goes to show how dumb her and her team are :pancake:

47 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Doja Cat is a pop girl. Nicki is a pop girl. Never ever saw them have multiple hit threads wishing them awful things because he worked for them :kitty:

Doja was dragged for contractually being forced to work with him. And Nicki is rightfully one of the most criticized artists on this forum.

• Thanks 1

I mean....it's clear Dr Luke keeps having hits with other artists and the GP doesn't care. Radios also play Dr. Luke's songs anyway. 

About Katy's career...it's not like she has a lot to lose at this point so her team probably thought "why not?"

• Like 1

Just now, Green said:

I'm just saying using Katy Perry as a punching bag it's not enough promo for Kesha's new era.

The fact that you assume the goal of pointing out the hypocrisy of returning to your former friend's abuser is creating buzz for Kesha is so telling :rip:.

This is really really really tragic ):

there goes her career and what's left of it

i still can't believe I'm witnessing this in 2024

11 minutes ago, AdamRiver96 said:

Taylor please release Rep TV the same day as her album release. 

This RAT deserves the worst! 

Fixed it :cm:

Edited by TayDuaStan
  • Haha 1

You guys are doing the most lol. Radio stations will still play the song if it's good, no one cares about who produced it. The real issue is how terrible the song is :rip: 

• Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, By the Water said:

How insecure must she be to think that Dr Luke was responsible for her success? :rip:

- Dr. Luke's Dark Horse (feat. Juicy J): 1
- Birthday: 17
- This Is How We Do: 24
- Rise: 11-43
- Chained to the Rhythm (feat. Skip Marley): 4-8-12
- Bon Appétit (feat. Migos): 59
- Swish Swish (feat. Nicki Minaj): 46
- Save as Draft: OUT
- Hey Hey Hey: OUT
- Cozy Little Christmas: 53
- 365 (with Zedd): 86-OUT
- Con Calma (Remix) [with Daddy Yankee & Snow]: 22
- Never Really Over: 15-28
- Small Talk: 81-OUT
- Harleys in Hawaii: OUT
- Never Worn White: OUT
- Daisies: 40-79
- Smile: OUT-OUT
- Not the End of the World: OUT-OUT
- Electric (from "Pokémon 25: The Album"): OUT-OUT-OUT
- When I'm Gone (with Alesso): OUT-OUT-OUT-OUT-97-OUT-90-91-100-OUT-OUT-OUT-OUT

- Where We Started (with Thomas Rett): OUT-OUT-OUT-OUT-OUT-OUT-OUT-OUT

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Bends said:

"S&M" (2011). :rip:

UPD: Sorry, it's "Diamonds" (2012). 

Actually it's Normani's mega smasha Dancing With a Stranger (with Sam Smith) :gaycatina1:

Don't you all mind about a flopped woman, it doesn't matter who she works with, the result will be the same

1 hour ago, Burn said:

The timing is interesting. Kesha and Luke released their joint statement in June 2023. And I guess that's around the time Katy started working on this album. It's like the second that statement came out Katy ran straight to Luke. No shame whatsoever.

!!!

The song isn't even out for almost a month and the Lukas defence team are already rushing to fall on their own swords :deadbanana4:

Again this is the hill y'all are dying on?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, corotinho said:

No? They produced for Selena Gomez's Revival and Coldplay in 2015

Also Dancing with a Stranger in 2019 lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

The outrage against Kim Petras is different because he is A) the sole producer of her music for the most part and B) she is also under his label. And let's be real. She is only known on… pop forums and stan twitter communities. 

Katy is still a mainstream artist. If nobody batted an eye when he produced for Lil Durk and J. Cole last year (ON A GRAMMY WINNING TOP 2 HIT) then why would anybody care if he is co-producing songs for Katy? He did Super Freaky Girl, nobody cared. He did half of Planet Her, and ended up making lile 5 global smash hits for her. Now that the lawsuits are over and settled and nobody is convicted of anything in the legal system, I doubt that this will be a "disaster" for her. But I could be wrong. BUT, it would be severely selective. 

Actually is a different situation. Katy Perry always had her image super attached to Luke, something Lil Durk, J Cole, Nicki and Doja never had. The world was waiting for Katy's next move in this situation with Dr. Luke/Kesha. Her actions with Luke have way more press than the others.

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.