Rolling Stone confirms: Katy reunites with Dr. Luke

halcyonday

I'm not surprised, she has no morals.

Anyways, I won't be listening to her new material, not sad about it tho. Her last albums have been mediocre. 

It's kinda gross to read the comments, people defending a rap*st just because her favorite singer is collaborating with him is WILD. I hope none of you or your relatives gets to experience something like that. 

Edited by $ebert
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TomTom

• SmittenCake

• halcyonday

• KatyPrismSpirit

The Elon praising, Rick Caruso supporting, Dr. Luke collaborator deserves all the backlash she's getting. :clap3:

Guess it's time to dust off the dancing turd again!

• Haha 2

She's so dumb. She should have brought in Bonnie McKee and dumped Luke. This era might be dead on arrival before it even started.

• Like 3

I'm rooting for her to have a great comeback but she's making it very hard to do so:rip: 

4 minutes ago, RadioactiveLights said:

Not surprised, though I wonder how this will affect public perception of Max in the future.

They're best friends. What made you think otherwise?

2 minutes ago, Walk_Away21 said:

She should have brought in Bonnie McKee and dumped Luke.

Katy and Luke planned sessions with Bonnie but she was blocked at corporate level.

Edited by BryceG
  • Thanks 2

The fact that she had the whole internet on her side for a comeback.. her songs were going viral on twitter with people saying they miss her. and she comes out with a Dr Puke collab… shooting her own foot like this :rip:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BryceG said:

Katy and Luke planned sessions with Bonnie but she was blocked at corporate level.

Is this true? @Supervillain @xtino I feel bad for Bonnie already.

5 minutes ago, $ebert said:

I'm not surprised, she has no morals.

Anyways, I won't be listening to her new material, not sad about it tho. Her last albums have been mediocre. 

It's kinda gross to read the comments, people defending a rap*st just because her favorite singer is collaborating with him is WILD. I hope none of you or your relatives gets to experience something like that. 

You genuinely have no idea how close a session with Kesha was. Her lol is likely about the overall situation. It's way more nuanced than you realise. 

The era won't start for another 2 weeks and there's already negative press. She and her team are truly dumbasses for not expecting this. 

Luke, Max Martin and Stargate :WAP:

1 minute ago, halcyonday said:

Is this true? @Supervillain @xtino I feel bad for Bonnie already.

And @Supervillain, you're the source in the RS article right?

• Haha 1

so disappointing. she had SO much goodwill going into this era and now she's alienated so many people by working with that man. after avoiding him for two full album cycles, it's pretty indefensible to go back to him. crazy to see people on here and on twitter rationalizing it.

Well. Katy did a lot of morally questionable things over the last few years, so I'm not really surprised that the rumours are true.  But I'm perplexed that her team thought it was a good idea to make a song about empowerment for women produced by Dr Puke. That's just so stupid from a PR point of view.  

So far this "comeback" reeks of desperation and longing for a hit rather than just making good music. I hope this flops harder than anything has ever flopped in the history of flops.

• Like 1

maybe they thought negative press and negative acclaim are still better than nothing! she will tank hard 

32 minutes ago, BryceG said:

You genuinely have no idea how close a session with Kesha was. 

Wait what???  :eek: 

40 minutes ago, fais_2311 said:

No Moral

Yes Hits

Unfortunately for Katheryn, it's going to be no morals, no hits. 

• Haha 7

10 minutes ago, Walk_Away21 said:

She's so dumb. She should have brought in Bonnie McKee and dumped Luke. This era might be dead on arrival before it even started.

ALL SHE NEEDED WAS BONNIE! bonnie has the magic touch, not l*ke. bonnie and max was her golden ticket 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Daddy said:

With that kind of press on the horizon, the new song should have been bulletproof. 

This is going to be a disaster and I can't believe she's dumb enough to do that....

This is where I get confused. She really risked the backlash to working with Luke as an A-lister pop star (not the same as Kim Petras working with him) just to tease something as mediocre as that snippet? There's just no way. This has got to be trolling or she really has lost all sense of her career and just doesn't know what she's doing. So bizarre how perfect her career was handled in the first 5-6 years then it just completely went downhill with every decision they made post 2014

• Thanks 1

all that hype and goodwill she had, ruined by a terrible snippet and working with a rapist.... she might be the dumbest pop girl out there :deadbanana2:

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, BryceG said:

You genuinely have no idea how close a session with Kesha was. Her lol is likely about the overall situation. It's way more nuanced than you realise. 

Katy was meant to have a session with Kesha?

44 minutes ago, fais_2311 said:

No Moral

Yes Hits

good luck booking those hits you speak of :sistrens:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, popstyle said:

Kesha fans do not enter. Thank, bye.

P!nk, Avril Lavigne and Kelly Clarkson have despised Dr. L*ke long before 2014. Are they Kesha fans too :coffee2:?

Edited by BrokenMachine
  • Like 4

Espresso is the exact type of song she should have released as her comeback. Mindless summer pop. Not this 2014'd millennial feminist anthem :skull:

• Like 4

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.