"Taylor Swift vs Scooter Braun: Bad Blood" will premiere June 21 on MAX/Discovery

fa77ot

2 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

Look I love Taylor, I stan her hard. But this happening to her has done marvels for her career. If it wasn't for this, and the re-recordings, she would 100% not be where hse is today, on top. I simply have no tears for her in this situation. She is the music industry because of this and how she responded to it. Is a TV series documenting it really necessary? 

Yeah, that's true. But they were not sure that it would be what it is now. She was in her lover era- still selling albums but not really demolishing the game. 

Fearless TV didn't even smash. Folklore and RedTV revive her career and she saw an opportunity to capitalize on that. It's not that they already know the rerecordings will catapult her again on the stratosphere of fame. 

I bet she would've bought those masters back when scooter sold them. Even with the Fearless TV out. I'm even sure she will buy these masters in the future. It's personal to her. She wrote all those songs. 

2 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

Look I love Taylor, I stan her hard. But this happening to her has done marvels for her career. If it wasn't for this, and the re-recordings, she would 100% not be where hse is today, on top. I simply have no tears for her in this situation. She is the music industry because of this and how she responded to it. Is a TV series documenting it really necessary? 

Yeah, that's true. But they were not sure that it would be what it is now. She was in her lover era- still selling albums but not really demolishing the game. 

Fearless TV didn't even smash. Folklore and RedTV revive her career and she saw an opportunity to capitalize on that. It's not that they already know the rerecordings will catapult her again on the stratosphere of fame. 

I bet she would've bought those masters back when scooter sold them. Even with the Fearless TV out. I'm even sure she will buy these masters in the future. It's personal to her. She wrote all those songs. 

• Thumbs Down 1

34 minutes ago, byzantium said:

She isn't even involved in this.  

I didn't say that. Read my comment again. She profited from the entire situation and made him the bad guy for being more fluent when it comes to business. At least she learned from it which is good.

29 minutes ago, dussel_06 said:

She has played the victim is some cases but here, she's the real victim. These men saw an opportunity to hurt her through business formalities and you must be dense to not see malice in their actions.

Me to Swifties defending the UK Brat sales debacle... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

hindsight 100. just because she succeed doesn't mean it was obvious. it rather shows that dealt with **** hand she can turn around it into golden goose. also why are you asking like she is behind this documentary and not vultures that pray on her name for clicks

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

45 minutes ago, Daddy said:

I didn't say that. Read my comment again. She profited from the entire situation and made him the bad guy for being more fluent when it comes to business. At least she learned from it which is good.

"Being More fluent in business" lol I have to laugh. Buying her masters without even having a working relationship with her is the most stupid business deal in history. Clearly it was 2 men Scott and Scooter thought that they can force her to work for them.

But they truly underestimate how she loves proving men wrong in her whole career.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

53 minutes ago, Daddy said:

Me to Swifties defending the UK Brat sales debacle... 

nnnnnn. Scott and Scooter literally did this to hurt Taylor.

Taylor on the other hand just wants to be number 1 for weeks. Like why….would she want to care about………Charli XCX? Like of all people? Really? Does the girl even care of going number 1? Is it really that personal to her?

• Thumbs Down 2

3 minutes ago, dussel_06 said:

Like why….would she want to care about………Charli XCX?

Because

3 minutes ago, dussel_06 said:

Taylor on the other hand just wants to be number 1 for weeks.

And Charli was on lock for #1 before Taylor dropped those 2 extra digital albums. 

Like you said: "These men This woman saw an opportunity to hurt her through business formalities and you must be dense to not see malice in their her actions."

xcx.thumb.gif.1f59c1891d64af59975af389625bcc07.gif

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Daddy said:

Because

And Charli was on lock for #1 before Taylor dropped those 2 extra digital albums. 

Like you said: "These men This woman saw an opportunity to hurt her through business formalities and you must be dense to not see malice in their her actions."

xcx.thumb.gif.1f59c1891d64af59975af389625bcc07.gif

Eh. I bet she doesn't give a f*** about her. Like, lol. I mean who does?

Edited by dussel_06

5 minutes ago, dussel_06 said:

Eh. I bet she doesn't give a f*** about her. Like, lol. I mean who does?

I mean, Taylor is a big fan and asked Charli to open for her Rep tour. She probably remembered Charlis comments about performing to a sea of children and took it personal. Just like Charli has insecurities Taylor has them too - she's just not really sharing them openly (besides crying when she failed to get an AOTY nomination. It was a tough week in the Swift household)

I'm betting money that Taylor is jealous of Charlis critical acclaim. You can be on top and still feel like **** about it. 

• Like 2

Borschetta is the real enemy. Evil.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Daddy said:

I'm betting money that Taylor is jealous of Charlis critical acclaim. You can be on top and still feel like **** about it. 

Ummmm, okay….. Lol

18 minutes ago, Buffy said:

Borschetta is the real enemy. Evil.

they were both doing business.

Taylor has probably invested her billion in companies that do the same.

stop this nonsense

2 hours ago, RideOrDie said:

i feel so high school every time i look at you! 

I am that youthful btch.

btw your obsession with highschool drama, betrayed friends etc is so weird for grown adults.

3 minutes ago, Watson! said:

I am that youthful btch.

btw your obsession with highschool drama, betrayed friends etc is so weird for grown adults.

whatever helps you sleep at night

Two Billionaires fighting for money

Yeah sure, this really needed a documentary :skull: 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, trueromance said:

i do feel bad for him in the sense that he and his family received death threats over this and his wife got phone calls threatening to harm her and their young children

anyways this was like 5 years ago no, who asked for this doc:rip:

Do you also feel bad for all the dead children in Palestine because of his support (financially and publicly)?

And btw, his wife divorced him :heart2: 

2 hours ago, zuper said:

Do you also feel bad for all the dead children in Palestine because of his support (financially and publicly)?

And btw, his wife divorced him :heart2: 

yes, i do. i just said i feel bad for his family on a human level, and those ideas can coexist. i'm aware his wife left him. 

Edited by trueromance

I wanted Scott Fartchetta's head on a silver platter, igaf about Scooter's opportunistic ass. It's That other man that's the real devil. 

And to those saying IT WAS JUST BUSINESS, stfu - Scott betrayed Taylor and her family on a very personal level, beyond the financial aspects. 

People commenting here seem that didn't follow the situation closely. Taylor never saw herself as a victim of a bad record deal. I don't think Taylor's issue was her first record deal, in the sense that I don't think she would've found a much better one in the 2000s, owning masters was not that common for a starting artist. Probably in retrospect they feel they should've been smarter than just owning publishing deals. Her issue was with things Brochetta wanted to attach to the negotiations as asking her to renew with Big Machine for ten years instead of a shorter tenure, record one new album for each older one that she wanted the masters, and buy the whole of Big Machine with her masters, etc She never had the option to just buy them without strings attached as Scooter did. And then there's the whole personal thing between Scooter and Taylor, which was still kinda fresh for her. I think we can criticize Taylor for many things, but this stance is quite understandable why she felt betrayed and why it was a very bad look for how the industry operates. As capitalist as Taylor Swift can be, she was still behind the songs, songs that people were fighting to own and speculate for even more money. It was completely stupid how people sold that she was heading a true deep change in the industry, since the re-recordings haven't quite worked for anyone but her since then, but at least it raised awareness of how these deals can be tricky even for the already powerful artists. And she did have the best laugh with TV masters becoming more profitable than what equity groups currently have… but again I don't remember Taylor trying to break her first deal. She fulfilled and wanted to buy from the label before all broke lose

Edited by liquiddiamonds
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.