"Taylor Swift vs Scooter Braun: Bad Blood" will premiere June 21 on MAX/Discovery

fa77ot

0_TSvsSB_Primary_16x9_TT.jpg

The series will examine the highly public battle over ownership of Swift's old album masters.

It's no secret that Taylor Swift and former record label executive Scooter Braun have some bad blood between them. After Braun's company Ithaca Holdings bought Swift's former label in 2019, and subsequently the masters to six of her original albums, the dispute between the two went public, took the internet by storm and started (or really, restarted) conversations about who owns a song. Now, fans can dive deeper into the controversy with a new Discovery Plus docuseries named, you guessed it, Taylor Swift vs Scooter Braun: Bad Blood.

The series will explore claims both have made -- from Swift, that her masters were sold without her being consulted or allowed to buy them back, and from Braun, that his attempts to negotiate were refused as Swift ignited her fans instead. It will include legal experts, journalists and folks close to Swift and Braun. Beyond the legalities of music ownership, the series will also touch on gender dynamics in the music industry and the power of fan influence.

Discovery Plus' docuseries about Swift and Braun will premiere locally on Discovery Plus UK and globally on Max on June 21, 2024, at 3:01 a.m. ET and 12:01 a.m. PT.

https://www.cnet.com/tech/services-and-software/taylor-swift-vs-scooter-braun-bad-blood-how-to-stream-the-new-docuseries/

• Haha 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

4 minutes ago, punisher said:

the situation was never that serious to need a whole DOCUSERIES:deadvision:

i lowkey feel bad for the man cause it was just business, he doesn't even own them anymore 

it wasn't just business, they were really close friends he was her management for idk how long

and the way he went about with it before and after was so shady and a huge betrayal to taytay 

• Like 6
  • Thumbs Down 2

4 minutes ago, RideOrDie said:

it wasn't just business, they were really close friends he was her management for idk how long

and the way he went about with it before and after was so shady and a huge betrayal to taytay 

Oh yeah I forgot about that, wasn't he bullying her on a justin post or smthn like that? I feel like the enemy needs to be the head of Big Machine and not Scooter, cause the betrayal came from him, and Scooter was just tryna make cash, it's not like he did Taylor dirty by being the buyer. Scooter sold them to a private company like straight after so idk why he's the one that gets pinned for the masters all the time

But this situation is still so tired

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, RideOrDie said:

no you actually believe this nonsense?if so, are you still in high school?

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 7

This could be an interesting watch.

• Like 1

Her victim mentality and how to profit off of this should get a documentary.

• Like 11
  • Haha 6
  • Thumbs Down 9

I don't get how Scooter Braun became the bigger "villain" than Scott Borchetta, whose relationship and history with Taylor would make for a much more interesting documentary imo.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

Just give us another album instead queen :mandown:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, punisher said:

i lowkey feel bad for the man cause it was just business, he doesn't even own them anymore 

the way you feel bad for white collar suit who is just a parasite in music industry and provides zero value :shakeno:

Edited by piotrert
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

She is the victim again? Do we need to have documentaries for all the evil stuff this parasite herself did? Because I'm not sure one season will be enough! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 6

9 minutes ago, punisher said:

Oh yeah I forgot about that, wasn't he bullying her on a justin post or smthn like that? I feel like the enemy needs to be the head of Big Machine and not Scooter, cause the betrayal came from him, and Scooter was just tryna make cash, it's not like he did Taylor dirty by being the buyer. Scooter sold them to a private company like straight after so idk why he's the one that gets pinned for the masters all the time

But this situation is still so tired

Scooter sold them after Taylor announced she's gonna rerecord her discography. Taylor actually reached out to the guys who bought her masters however they have some sort of sunset clause or something that Scooter still somehow benefits from her old albums or something like that. This thing is very personal to Taylor. I don't think it's about money at all. She just can't stand the fact that a person she really hates owns her music.

• Like 1

Someone on HBO Go / Max hates her ass.

A random 40-ish minute "docu" on her Shake It Off lawsuit is also streaming there. :deadbanana2:

I bet this one may be more pro-scooter.

I wonder how much the OG recordings are valued now and if the company that bought them has any ill towards Scooter, because he sold to them under the claim Taylor was bluffing and would eventually join them as a shareholder, but she then went on to re-record them and none of the originals are touching the charts (minus Reputation) 

18 minutes ago, Watson! said:

no you actually believe this nonsense?if so, are you still in high school?

i feel so high school every time i look at you! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, dussel_06 said:

Scooter sold them after Taylor announced she's gonna rerecord her discography. Taylor actually reached out to the guys who bought her masters however they have some sort of sunset clause or something that Scooter still somehow benefits from her old albums or something like that. This thing is very personal to Taylor. I don't think it's about money at all. She just can't stand the fact that a person she really hates owns her music.

He played the game like she is playing the charts game according to the Swifties. She played the victim and manipulated the situation as usual. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 7

What is the point of this? :rip:

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Arrows said:

I don't get how Scooter Braun became the bigger "villain" than Scott Borchetta, whose relationship and history with Taylor would make for a much more interesting documentary imo.

It's simply because Scooter is just a manager for celebrities but a "celebrity manager".  Every since he signed Justin, Scooter worked to make himself famous not just his clients.  Scott Borchetta isn't a public figure.

Anyway, this doesn't deserve a documentary. It's going to be so cringe.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lose My Breath said:

What is the point of this? :rip:

To produce something very cheaply that can profit off either swifties or people who hate swifties. 

discovery is full of low quality, stupid docs. 

i do feel bad for him in the sense that he and his family received death threats over this and his wife got phone calls threatening to harm her and their young children

anyways this was like 5 years ago no, who asked for this doc:rip:

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Daddy said:

Her victim mentality and how to profit off of this should get a documentary.

She isn't even involved in this.  

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, liquiddiamonds said:

I wonder how much the OG recordings are valued now and if the company that bought them has any ill towards Scooter, because he sold to them under the claim Taylor was bluffing and would eventually join them as a shareholder, but she then went on to re-record them and none of the originals are touching the charts (minus Reputation) 

The actual value might be hard to estimate considering the long time horizons, but I can confirm from a friend of mine that private equity firms are paying attention and trying to avoid the public debacle this turned into.  (PE firms would definitely love to stay anonymous). 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Daddy said:

He played the game like she is playing the charts game according to the Swifties. She played the victim and manipulated the situation as usual. 

She has played the victim is some cases but here, she's the real victim. These men saw an opportunity to hurt her through business formalities and you must be dense to not see malice in their actions.

Re-recording her 6 albums requires tons of work and even it has been very successful, we can see girlie is already tired. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, dussel_06 said:

She has played the victim is some cases but here, she's the real victim. These men saw an opportunity to hurt her through business formalities and you must be dense to not see malice in their actions.

Re-recording her 6 albums requires tons of work and even it has been very successful, we can see girlie is already tired. 

Look I love Taylor, I stan her hard. But this happening to her has done marvels for her career. If it wasn't for this, and the re-recordings, she would 100% not be where hse is today, on top. I simply have no tears for her in this situation. She is the music industry because of this and how she responded to it. Is a TV series documenting it really necessary? 

Edited by Gladiator
  • Thanks 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.