Lana comes out as pro-Palestine

suburbannature

We love her again

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

We LOVE HER AGAIN :suburban:

Queen :heart2: (but she kind of should do more than that)

• Like 3

Just now, stjosephprey4us said:

Queen :heart2: (but she kind of should do more than that)

It's a start 

:suburban:

color me SHOCKED :soda:

queen of double tapping :clap3:

now hit the share button sister

Has she withdrawn her support from that letter praising Joe Biden's leadership and support for Israel? That should be the start not IG likes :celestial5:

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

Has she withdrawn her support from that letter praising Joe Biden's leadership and support for Israel? That should be the start not IG likes :celestial5:

I thought she signed the "peace for people on both sides," letter (albeit still not great) rather than the Israel support one that Schumer and co. spearheaded. 

• Like 1

as she should

5 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

I thought she signed the "peace for people on both sides," letter (albeit still not great) rather than the Israel support one that Schumer and co. spearheaded. 

The letter mentions that Palestinians have been "terrorized, oppressed, and victimized by Hamas for the last 17 years". Zero mentions of Israel's crimes. I wouldn't even call it a "both sides" letter. This happened as thousands of people were already being murdered by Israel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

The letter mentions that Palestinians have been "terrorized, oppressed, and victimized by Hamas for the last 17 years". Zero mentions of Israel's crimes. I wouldn't even call it a "both sides" letter. This happened as thousands of people were already being murdered by Israel.

So many celebs blindly signed this in the early days thinking the hostages were the main priority. Def ignorance and group think. 

• Thanks 1

Okay. Cool.

2 minutes ago, i spit on haters said:

Okay. Cool.

Not you having the best actress performance ever as your avi. 

My queen always pulling through. 

Ozempic helped her come to her senses in general! Love it

• Haha 3

and a certain fanbase still stans a r*pist. what will they use against Lana now? :clap3:

Edited by popmusicisdead

Good for her :clap3:

Okay, it's a start :clap3:

The standards are beneath the ground. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, shyboi said:

doing the bare minimum as per usual 

15 minutes ago, Démodé said:

The standards are beneath the ground. 

y'all would never be satisfied. use your performative activism for actual politicians instead of dumb celebrities who are just as ignorant as the stan twitter gays whose knowledge is limited to clickbait headlines and attacking singers to win internet points and act morally righteous. using a nuanced, complex, decades long genocide as a means to hound celebrities when it was never their fault nor their responsibility achieves nothing. if someone wants to speak up loudly about this issue then i applaud them. but the rest don't owe anyone anything. people in palestine do not gaf if a rich LA singer living in a bubble talks about them or not. it's easy to judge privileged celebrities as you stand on your moral high ground, but what have you done to help? have you donated? do you actually know the nuances of the situation? we are busy focusing on and screaming at irrelevant characters in this terrible situation while actual politicians and people that are responsible hide in the shadows. a decade or two ago people would have been laughing at us, celebrities (actors, musicians etc.) were seen as a joke when it came to political situations and they were not treated as moral compasses. we actually lost our perspective, especially gen z. damn. 

17 minutes ago, RideOrDie said:

y'all would never be satisfied. use your performative activism for actual politicians instead of dumb celebrities who are just as ignorant as the stan twitter gays whose knowledge is limited to clickbait headlines and attacking singers to win internet points and act morally righteous. using a nuanced, complex, decades long genocide as a means to hound celebrities when it was never their fault nor their responsibility achieves nothing. if someone wants to speak up loudly about this issue then i applaud them. but the rest don't owe anyone anything. people in palestine do not gaf if a rich LA singer living in a bubble talks about them or not. it's easy to judge privileged celebrities as you stand on your moral high ground, but what have you done to help? have you donated? do you actually know the nuances of the situation? we are busy focusing on and screaming at irrelevant characters in this terrible situation while actual politicians and people that are responsible hide in the shadows. a decade or two ago people would have been laughing at us, celebrities (actors, musicians etc.) were seen as a joke when it came to political situations and they were not treated as moral compasses. we actually lost our perspective, especially gen z. damn. 

We can talk  and condemn about actual politicians simultaneously. 

Lana (and all of them, I use her name cause  this is a related post) have huge platforms through which they can AT LEAST inform their audiences about what's happening in the world. There are plenty examples of that, one that comes to mind quickly is Irish actress Nicola Coughlan who has helped raise over A MILLION fkn dollars for a fundraiser in Gaza. And she's just a relatively known actress with only one big success in her history. Lana and people like T-word can raise 10 times more than that if they wanted. 

As far as the "dumb celebrities" part is concerned, if you're ok with supporting them, that's on you. And it's not personal ofc, it applies to all of us. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.