Top Posters In This Topic

• Renan90

• jonapova

• KatyPrismSpirit

• SoldierofLove

Oh Charli, the brat that you ARE :jonny:

Incredible hold for Taylor.

20 minutes ago, MatiRod said:

The album is good and has been well-received by critics. She can still move forward as a cutting-edge R&B diva ala Tinashe, playing festivals, smaller tours, steadily releasing music, without necessarily having huge chart moments.

There are more ways to have a career in music other than being a huge superstar, it's all about adjusting expectations and expenses. This doesn't have to be the end of the road at all, especially in the streaming age.

Not only this but i think, since the music is good, she could have longer career longevity (like Tinashe).

20 minutes ago, MatiRod said:

The album is good and has been well-received by critics. She can still move forward as a cutting-edge R&B diva ala Tinashe, playing festivals, smaller tours, steadily releasing music, without necessarily having huge chart moments.

There are more ways to have a career in music other than being a huge superstar, it's all about adjusting expectations and expenses. This doesn't have to be the end of the road at all, especially in the streaming age.

Not only this but i think, since the music is good, she could have longer career longevity (like Tinashe). 

Also - let's be honest. the artists putting out the best music right now are not actually chart dominating...

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Gwendolyn said:

I don't see how this is funny at all anymore, It's tragic more than anything. It's sad how badly her management ****** up her career by waiting so long between releases, and how much momentum she had at the beginning and even at the beginning of this era. It's sad how everyone seems to have glee at seeing her downfall. It's sad how her label seems to do bare **** to fight back against the 'lazy' allegations.  It's unfortunate how yet again Twitter hype has failed another black female artist. We've seen it with Chole too.

People always ask, where are the new black pop girls?

Well, they get Twitter hype but it never seems to go anywhere for them or get a strong enough fanbase, and then when they inevitably flop on the charts or underperform, they're dogpiled (by Stan Twitter and our community (i.e Shade Room, Black Twitter, LSA). It seems like that hype works for white female artists (see the massive success of Espresso and Good Luck Babe!) but it never translates for black female artists. Normani will most likely get dropped after this album; I hope she stays in the public eye and at least tries to release when she wants to.

You made several points, but I think you missed the bigger picture lol

It's easier to blame race, and it's obviously a huge factor in media across the board, but both Espresso and Good Luck Babe! are smash f*cking hits because they're fresh, new, exciting, and signalling a huge shift in the current pop scene.

If Normani had anything on this album half as exciting as either of those two tracks, people would be paying attention. But I get the sense that she and her team believed that it would just happen because it was "her time" or whatever. All we got a basic ass collection of tracks we've all heard a million times before.

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

21 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

The problem is definitely with RCA. it's like they want to get rid of her? Like how come you have no cd's or vinyls. Nobody gonna get a vinyl of this album in a year. And why is there no music video or any radio. If she was under Republic Records or Interscope, this album would've gone top 10.

She spent all their money on the rocket. No more funds for CDs :chick3:

spacer.png

Edited by SoldierofLove
  • Thumbs Down 1

That's awful omg :deadvision:

But again, no pre orders, no music videos, no performances, no singles, no big features… who let this happen :deadbanana4:

• Like 1

I hope Normani does a little better. She has so much potential. Her and Tate are very 00s and 10s pop which I can't get enough of. I miss the pop girls having big music videos with lots of choreography 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.