"House of The Dragon" S2 Premiere viewership falls by 50% compared to S1 Premiere

_Fey

2 minutes ago, Terylee said:

That's only half of the story.

spacer.png

Came To post this. MAXs biggest streaming day to date :clap3:

• Like 1

I feel like Game Of Thrones format is getting on people's nerves, maybe it's just me, but lately it's been exhausting to watch those projects where somebody dies a gruesome death every 5 minutes, tons of tension all the time, everybody on the war with everybody. Like CHILL a little

The streaming landscape has changed quite a bit since S1 tbh

The hideous inflatable dragon at top of the Empire State Building must have deterred people

• Haha 3

Because everyone started googling what happens to these characters in the end.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Cheers said:

Because everyone started googling what happens to these characters in the end.

Who's "everyone"?

CountessBRAT.thumb.gif.c72444b1bbdd7074f

They should have released 3 episodes at once with the premiere 

I remember watching season 1 and either disliking, being bored, or feeling "just okay" about every episode after the timeskip. The writing became sloppy and weak, and worst of all, it seemed like everyone was oblivious to it, much like they were during seasons 5-7 of Game of Thrones. I also didn't like the discourse surrounding the actual series. When I watched Game of Thrones in real time, it seemed like although there were "stans," a lot of the discourse was still intelligent and unbiased. In contrast, the fanbase for House of the Dragon seems so juvenile and reactionary.

Still okay numbers. Most people stream nowadays so the numbers on MAX during the first week should still be HUGE

I feel like it will likely explode by the middle of the season.

A Westworld tea

15 hours ago, massenlight said:

I feel like Game Of Thrones format is getting on people's nerves, maybe it's just me, but lately it's been exhausting to watch those projects where somebody dies a gruesome death every 5 minutes, tons of tension all the time, everybody on the war with everybody. Like CHILL a little

Literally this. I know I'll like it but gawd it's so heavy, so dark, so grim, everyone hates each other and is trying to get one over on each other. 

I'm tired. Let me just stick to my Gilmore Girls re-watch 

• Like 2

There's no hype. I was not even aware it was coming last Sunday. Season 1 had massive hype since it's a follow up on Game of Thrones.

Still top-tier television though even with Blood and Cheese being PG. HBO always delivers. 

2 hours ago, Tropical said:

Literally this. I know I'll like it but gawd it's so heavy, so dark, so grim, everyone hates each other and is trying to get one over on each other. 

I'm tired. Let me just stick to my Gilmore Girls re-watch 

This is also the reason I couldn't stand Succession. They betray each other 5 times each episode then act everything is cool in the next one. PLEASE. I need CLOSURE.

• Like 1

They deserve to flop a little bit but if the season turns out well they will be back on top :clap3:

also promo was kinda everywhere tbh. My Roku tv was HOtD themed on Sunday :rip: if you own cable tv a commercial plays for it about every 5 mins on all of the usual str8 channels (espn). 

13 hours ago, BOOMBAYAH said:

I also didn't like the discourse surrounding the actual series. When I watched Game of Thrones in real time, it seemed like although there were "stans," a lot of the discourse was still intelligent and unbiased. In contrast, the fanbase for House of the Dragon seems so juvenile and reactionary.

WHACK those meme accounts posting "here to support women's rights AND women's wrongs" and "me and team black pulling up to do war crimes" and "death to alicunt!" 

To be fair I think this is more of a social media problem: people/bots are just posting dumb blanket meme statements to get a quick mini viral hit.  The intelligent discourse is still there, but you mostly have to go offline to find it.  Or at least off social media.

Fans must have watched GoT final season and thought they did Daenerys dirty :suburban:

• Haha 1

HHAHAHAHAHAHHA HOUSE OF THE FAD 

i think the issues are that it feels really small compared to the expansiveness of game of thrones and all the time jumps in season one made it feel like 8 episodes of set up/preamble which hurt the audience's ability to hook into the plot. 

people i know are pirating it. 

• Thumbs Down 1

It's crazy people ran with this story when the source is SAMBA tv :rip:

Viewership was down a bit  but not 50%

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I'm not surprised. The season premiere took me forever to get through. The most interesting seen was Alicent getting her cooch ate by Ser Criston. They need to do better. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 6/20/2024 at 5:16 AM, Toxic.Latin said:

HHAHAHAHAHAHHA HOUSE OF THE FAD 

Streaming Ratings: 'House of the Dragon' Hits Series High

HBO's House of the Dragon hit its highest mark to date in Nielsen's streaming ratings for June 17-23.

1289917203_4mhTwIj(2).thumb.gif.220e09e9

• Haha 4

Thats what they get for doing Daenerys dirty

:suburban:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.