Gracie's 'Us' sets Taylor Swift's apartment on fire

Fama

Somewhere on Gracie Abrams' camera roll is a video of Taylor Swift in the pop superstar's kitchen in Tribeca, deliriously extinguishing a bonfire threatening to consume her center island.

Behind the lens, the 24-year-old singer-songwriter cry-laughs as her childhood hero works fearlessly to save them from danger. They'd both distantly heard the candle fall over earlier that night, but Swift had assured Abrams it was probably one of her cats thumping around. It's well past 6 a.m., after a night of dinner and drinks – heavy on that second thing — when the fire finally goes out.

"She was such a legend – I don't know how at this hour or in our state she knew what to do," Abrams raves to Billboard six months later over Zoom. "We both had an insane cough from the fire extinguisher fumes for weeks."

The pair had just finished co-writing "Us," the crown jewel of the California native's 13-track sophomore studio album The Secret of Us – due out this Friday (June 21) — when the fiasco occurred. 

https://www.billboard.com/music/pop/gracie-abrams-taylor-swift-us-collab-new-album-1235711614/

Will the song be fire?

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952cp1xvanu1ym42j903z

I think this will be her Espresso

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

I think this will be her Espresso

Based on the production credits *cough* *cough* Aaron Dessner *cough* *cough*, it won't be:suburban:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TayDuaStan said:

Based on the production credits *cough* *cough* Aaron Dessner *cough* *cough*, it won't be:suburban:

Welp its over (before it started)

:suburban:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.