Dua won't endorse party for UK election: 'politicians have a way of letting you down'

Virgos Groove

She said NO to Keir Starmer and his Blairite ways. Corbynista legend. :jonny:

• Like 2

I mean, folks can call it a cop-out if they want, but I actually thought this was a really direct, classy response.

Then again I can't stand anyone running for PM (and couldn't stand Corbyn either) but it's not really my place to comment not being from the UK.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

We all know it's Labour :bird:

She doesn't have to endorse them when it's gonna be a landslide

• Like 1

So now it's cool to not share your political position during elections. Hmm interesting :mandown:

Edited by Gui Blackout
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

Wish she had spoken out against Farage, who is a legitimate threat to UK minorities. 

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Gui Blackout said:

So now it's cool to not share your political position during elections. Hmm interesting :mandown:

Not endorsing a centre-right "Labour" leader in an election they're expected to win in a landslide =/= refusing to call out Trump in fear of alienating your conservative fans.

:clack:

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, Gwendolyn said:

Wish she had spoken out against Farage, who is a legitimate threat to UK minorities. 

Yeah, that I agree with. Hopefully she at least asks people to tactically vote against Reform (and the Tories), even if she doesn't endorse a particular party.

• Like 1

Dua actually knows her politics so when she does this you know it's because she doesn't agree with their views. 

Not the same as some pop girls that don't give an opinion to mantain their fan bases.

• Thanks 1

Not her getting praised for saying absolutely nothing? :rip:

20 minutes ago, Gui Blackout said:

5 minutes ago, Bosque said:

Not her getting praised for saying absolutely nothing? :rip:

Reading is fundamental. She literally says she'll support Labour but she won't endorse individual politicians. That's not the same as literally staying silent and not sharing any political view at all :coffee2:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, State of Grace. said:

American pop stars and celebs take notes :bird:

Dua doesn't get enough credit for how smart she actually is.

Agree and that's exactly why I'm going to ignore my faves during presidential campaign. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BrokenMachine said:

Reading is fundamental. She literally says she'll support Labour but she won't endorse individual politicians. That's not the same as literally staying silent and not sharing any political view at all :coffee2:

They're just mad she didn't endorse some racist, genocide-enabling monster like them :coffee:

• Thumbs Down 1

Starmer endorses transphobia so good for her.

I love my articulate and intelligent fave

An intelligent response so of course some of you are confused and angry :dies: 

An Indian Guy becoming PM of a country which once colonized almost the entire world once upon a time. Heard he is doing a good job. Hope he wins again :clap3:

• Thumbs Down 1

Politicians don't deserve endorsements :clap3:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, shimind said:

An Indian Guy becoming PM of a country which once colonized almost the entire world once upon a time. Heard he is doing a good job. Hope he wins again :clap3:

Praying this is satire lmao. He is HATED here. And has absolutely DESTROYED millions of lives.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Gui Blackout said:

She literally says she always goes for Labour. How is that not a political position? Just because she doesn't want to endorse the current iteration of Labour, which is perfectly understandable considering context, doesn't mean she's not sharing her political position.

What an ignorant statement.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, shimind said:

Oh, he's absolutely beloved there. Google "Rishi Sunak working class" for more info!

:suburban:

• Haha 1

cool but if she feels so righteous about British politics, then why has she cosied up with the controversial Albanian PM?

Screenshot_1-23.jpg

16 minutes ago, Pendulum said:

cool but if she feels so righteous about British politics, then why has she cosied up with the controversial Albanian PM?

Screenshot_1-23.jpg

She was granted Albanian citizenship for promoting the good name of the country. She didnt have to accept it but as she is proud of her roots she did, so it makes sense PM of the country will there when she receive it.  Dont know where do you see her being "cosy" with him

• Like 4

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.