LISA - "ROCKSTAR"

Supervillain

1 hour ago, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

This is what happens when YG doesn't force the girls to imitate Bekuh Boom's blaccent in the recording booth

Her best solo singles, my goodness

rockstar.thumb.gif.657f1188adfe82b392346

i noticed this too, like wym she rapped in english without forcing it out :jonny5:

ls1 is gonna be a serve 

spacer.png

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• whirly

• MonsterNavy

• duybeeGAshantiGA

• WeFoundWill

1 minute ago, ALA said:

The way her Spotify only has 4 songs before this :deadbanana4: YG really is the worst

The way right after ending the solo contract with YG, she will release a full album this year :skull:

chorus sounds like nursery rhyme, but overall its a nice song, not better to me than money and lalisa but still fun

She sounds weird and the beat is kinda giving royalty free... unpopular opinion but Teddy's and his people's production always sounded so heavy and expensive and cohesive and this is kinda out of fashion. Blackpink and their solos have the best instrumentals I've ever heard

• Like 2

Wait I thought Interscope released their solo music as well but it says RCA on the credits? :doc: bop nonetheless

2 minutes ago, Post Malone said:

She sounds weird and the beat is kinda giving royalty free... unpopular opinion but Teddy's and his people's production always sounded so heavy and expensive and cohesive and this is kinda out of fashion. Blackpink and their solos have the best instrumentals I've ever heard

At least you're aware

:suburban:

• Haha 4

First listen was « ok » for me but now ? Oh god I love it.

can we talk about the SFX in the music video !? Are we in the actual MATRIX sis !? 

her first official solo project is immaculate. Go AWF Lalisa ! Can't wait for a live performance now. Do we have any clue about performances coming up? 

The gays are tailoring the star-shape tank tops as we speak. :fan: 

• Like 1

This is so ******* incredible. Literally not one single pop star from the west can come close right now. That being said she has that "western" chill and unhinged energy, while still not going over the top and being vulgar. This is the future of mainstream pop music. I mean guys, comparing this to camila who also dropped today is laughable at best.

I like that the video, while still high budget, has been less messy - I'm sure it's a cultural thing, but when watching Kpop videos it's just scene after scene after scene of unrelated costumes, scenery, CGI effects and it's all a bit over the top for the sake of showing off - 'look at us, we can do all of that'. Here it's done way more cohesively (probably just more western lol), but yeah, I think it's gonna appeal to the WW masses even more.

On the song, the Tame Impala influenced part was so refreshing and it didn't sound disjointed. At times, I felt like the pace was just a tad slower than I'd like it, but I'll blame TikTok and every producer having to think about that dreaded Sped Up version (which this song sound amazing in - which is, make no mistake, not a coincidence).

If Rosalia collab and the VMAs is actually true though, it will be the absolute serve of the year and no one is ******* ready, and we could get the most memorable VMA performance in this decade. Ironically, from two acts who cover literally every world market together combined apart from the US/UK where Lisa will have to do the heavy-lifting.

Pop music is changing in front of our eyes, I'm so excited, and I think this era could be the blueprint for a 21st century Pop star. I can argue that this has only been done by Rihanna, and it's no wonder Lisa reminds me so much of her. To be such a chameleon, to appeal to so many cultures, and to have such a charisma beaming all around is such an incredible package.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, lillavend3r said:

Wait I thought Interscope released their solo music as well but it says RCA on the credits? :doc: bop nonetheless

They had a contract with Interscope when they were under YG. Now they're not (individually). Maybe one of the girls (except Lisa) will sign a deal with Interscope again, we'll see.

But if Blackpink ever comes back again, it will be under YG and Interscope

• Like 1

This was... EVERYTHING qsdfghjkl;:m;,kjhgtfrdeszqa

rockstar.thumb.gif.657f1188adfe82b392346

3 minutes ago, illia said:

They had a contract with Interscope when they were under YG. Now they're not (individually). Maybe one of the girls (except Lisa) will sign a deal with Interscope again, we'll see.

But if Blackpink ever comes back again, it will be under YG and Interscope

RCA sucks so I wish Lisa an ounce of luck 

2 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

also why is the mv quality so low :skull:

I was also wondering about the dimension. I think it's not the wide dimension today we usually have.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Acuminatus said:

The best part of the song was the Tame Impala sample, but overall Ryan Tedder did a good job with the production.

I did not expect the teaser to have the instrumental from the outro.

That line with about teaching Japanese was kinda cringe and I was surprised it was part of the chorus, but on listening again it is kinda catchy. Plus Lisa has had way worse lyrics in the past which I have tolerated.

I was expecting wayyyyy cringier lyrics ngl :deadbanana4: this is the 'mona lisa kinda lisa think you fly boy, where your visa?' rapper

But the fact the lyrics are kinda wacky helps the song imo

Make your favourite singer wanna rap

Baby La La

Lisa can you teach me Japanese?

I said hai hai

That's my life life

Baby I'm a rockstar

Like the catchy :jonny:

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.