personal account vs. creator account on Instagram [poll]

Kayseri Mantisi

?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. which account type do you use?

• personal account
    • creator account
  2. 2. after switching your account type, did you see any change on reach & engagement?

• i switched to creator and have higher reach & engagement
    • i switched to creator and have lower reach & engagement
    • there was no change on reach & engagement, they're the same for both account types

i have a pretty big instagram account & testing some important things

and of course my ocd is causing me to overthink :heart: and there's no reliable up-to-date information available online and on reddit :clap3:

so i wanted to ask ATRL, if you have experiences about social media and tried both of these account types, have you noticed any differences between them? thank you :heart:

I'm not sure about the difference tbh. But my likes have dropped a lot in recent months. I have switched between personal and creator. Doubt it makes much difference 

• Thanks 1

more than reach I think you should ask yourself if you want to have access to extra data on your content and if you plan to be strategic about it. you can always push your content as a business account because instagram has extra feature$ for content creators to help out with that. But creator account empowers you with data that can really help you to tweak what you do and plan your content, image, time schedule for posts, what is actual popular beyond just hearts in stories and people reacting in your DMs. It can be a powerful tool if you plan to be serious about managing your account. It can also trigger a lot of anxiety if you're a very small content creator. I have friends that made the move and they kinda freak out whenever it seems they are losing engagement in that detailed level, since they're not big enough to have a social media employee helping them out  lol 

this data can also empower you in negotiating small partnerships or even having an agency backing you up, since story views and comments tell only part of the story…

Edited by liquiddiamonds
  • Thanks 1

both have their own perks.

i used to have a the creator account but switch back to personal. if ur engagement is really strong or rapidly selling a product creator is best.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Devin said:

both have their own perks.

i used to have a the creator account but switch back to personal. if ur engagement is really strong or rapidly selling a product creator is best.

did you have any difference on engagement after switching back to personal? that's the more important point for me, since i don't want to keep changing account types and ruin the "algorithm"

I just got my personal set but these days  beven that is a dud now like I want from 80 likes in 2019 and lucky to even get 2 now:gaycat7:

No point having an insta if ya ugly :ahh:

• Like 1

Whenever I was on there, I just had a personal account. Using local tags, I got feedback—but it was all on a very small scale, relative to my area. I've never had the patience or interest in having, or otherwise maintaining, a creator account; and the people I'd care to even engage with aren't even on Instagram to start with.

I think a lot of it depends on the region you're in, what you're trying to sell and how dedicated you are to it. You have to put yourself out there and actively reach out to people. Not saying it's what you're doing, nor am I calling you average, but you just can't sit idly waiting for people to come to you. With the overall accessibility of Instagram, and so many average people thinking of themselves as a content creator, you have to definitely stand out among millions of other people in the same boat as you. Have regular and quality content.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.