Katy Perry - "Woman's World"

Almodusa

I think we should "give up". We had our Stupid Love moment: leaks of the song, people calling it fake and people liking it. SL and WW are not bad songs, but choosing them as the first single is the mistake. After this, we (fans) need to continue to support her and wait for the album. :celestial3:

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• halcyonday

• aotwbys

• georgechxng

• Bends

the fact that we still will have to go through the Dr Puke reveal on the credits, first day streams of the song, then debut of the album, interviews about Dr Puke and Kesha...

it might just be worse than Witness and I never thought it would be possible :bibliahh:

• Haha 14

if the 10 seconds snippet already got so many lashings, the lashings for the "she's a mother, she's a sister, a champion, superhero" and the "you better celebrate cause we ain't going away" are gonna be relentless :deadbanana2:

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, gloamingtheplain said:

And this isn't Teenage Dream era material. 

It's the pop stuff that didn't land during the PRISM era (TIHWD type stuff). 

It could give TD tbh but the bad thing about it its giving TD album track and not single :rip:

1 minute ago, halcyonday said:

the fact that we still will have to go through the Dr Puke reveal on the credits, first day streams of the song, then debut of the album, interviews about Dr Puke and Kesha...

it might just be worse than Witness and I never thought it would be possible :bibliahh:

:bibliahh:

5 minutes ago, Jarr1507 said:

What do you know about the fact that they deleted the audio on Tiktok? @sam.teas @Supervillain

i doubt they know anything abt it bc it's probably a decision that got made overnight. it's definitely her team reacting to the negative reactions tho 

Is it true TS fans are additionally trying to sabotage this???

the fact she hosted a listening party with fans recently shows how serious she would be taking the negative reactions, i know her team are in shambles rn 

Just now, NextBish90 said:

erm.... no. little monsters are but this is nothing new. but we don't need to blame this negative reception on anyone else but her and her team. they did to themselves :deadbanana2:

Katy was always fun pop for the straights

This doesn't work for them

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, NextBish90 said:

Yes. Haven't you heard that Swifties are everything that's wrong with the world? 

• Haha 1

I seriously doubt that anyone outside of online discussion platforms or music critics would be concerned about the Dr. Luke-Kesha case or who produced the song. It's just not something that the general public cares about.

If everyone still hates it on July 11th, I'm thinking maybe she could perform this as a fun Bratz/Barbie doll to connect with the gen Zer's, say "Hey, remember that whole Barbie feminism thing last year that everyone enjoyed? That was my contribution to it, haha!" Then, she can promptly move on from this track, and immediately announce something else that dives deep into the futuristic, unique theme she's going for.

People will criticize her for including Dr. Luke on a feminist anthem, but honestly, I don't think the general public will hate her for it. In fact, the topic of feminism itself might be more controversial to the public than who produced the song.

And if the song doesn't perform well, it's not a big deal. None of her releases in the past five years have reached the top spots anyway. She's just back to where she started, so it's not a major setback.

3 minutes ago, aotwbys said:

If everyone still hates it on July 11th, I'm thinking maybe she could perform this as a fun Bratz/Barbie doll to connect with the gen Zer's, say "Hey, remember that whole Barbie feminism thing last year that everyone enjoyed? That was my contribution to it, haha!" Then, she can promptly move on from this track, and immediately announce something else that dives deep into the futuristic, unique theme she's going for.

it's not if... it's when. did you hear the leak? the opening verse is probably the best part of the song. the pre chorus and chorus have even worse lyrics somehow and the chorus doesn't have the melody/catchiness to make up for them. this is beyond saving i fear. 

Edited by georgechxng

She has needed a new team for a while. They haven't caught up with the streaming era and are resting on the fact that they were behind the Teenage Dream era, which would be fine if the industry still worked that way but it doesn't.

Harleys in Hawaii and Never Really Over are two of her biggest hits (streaming wise with both over 500m streams). People want a maturer sound/lyrics from her. Something that is an evolution of TD/Prism but also isn't too far away from pop, which NRO and HIH both perfectly encapsulate, but she ignores HIH and is acting like NRO was a flop.

Instead, she wastes the hype and goodwill that has been building for the last year by returning to Dr L*ke and chasing these self empowerment anthems (Smile, Woman's World) that are dated and corny. I feel like she is (or at least her team are) trying to recreate TD which is pointless as, if you try and force it, it won't happen.

This whole mess is insane and infuriating to watch as a fan who has loved every Katy album.

I also feel like she doesn't care about being a pop star as much nowadays. She's got her family and that's her priority (which is totally valid). But I wish she would retire if that is the case, rather than put out music that is tarnishing her legacy. 

Edited by popstickle
  • Like 7

4 minutes ago, georgechxng said:

it's not if... it's when. did you hear the leak? the opening verse is probably the best part of the song. the pre chorus and chorus have even worse lyrics somehow and the chorus doesn't have the melody/catchiness to make up for them. this is beyond saving i fear. 

Honestly, I really like the last part of the leaked song. It's got this cool, electropoppy feel to it that's new for her and elevates the song. However, it takes a couple of "uh huhs" to get there.

the cats on twitter thinking she's re-recording the song :bibliahh:

56 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

Maybe she should pull a Beyoncé and not give any interviews

Because they will obviously ask her about Dr. Luke if she worked with him and she knows it

This could have been so easily avoided if she didn't announce a f-ing lead single one month in advance in 2024. Like, who does that!!?? You announce a lead single one week in advance, maximum. 

Edited by Badgalbriel
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, georgechxng said:

the cats on twitter thinking she's re-recording the song :bibliahh:

"a new video of Gimme More is coming" teas

I can't believe she removed the sound  because of some backlash, you wouldn't last an hour in the asylum where they raised Rosalía https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGegYSSMb/

• Haha 5

30 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

This could have been so easily avoided if she didn't announce a f-ing lead single one month in advance in 2024.

Exactly. Who does that these days?  :deadbanana2:

8 minutes ago, popstickle said:

She has needed a new team for a while. They haven't caught up with the streaming era and are resting on the fact that they were behind the Teenage Dream era, which would be fine if the industry still worked that way but it doesn't.

Harleys in Hawaii and Never Really Over are two of her biggest hits (streaming wise with both over 500m streams). People want a maturer sound/lyrics from her. Something that is an evolution of TD/Prism but also isn't too far away from pop, which NRO and HIH both perfectly encapsulate, but she ignores HIH and is acting like NRO was a flop.

Instead, she wastes the hype and goodwill that has been building for the last year by returning to Dr L*ke and chasing these self empowerment anthems (Smile, Woman's World) that are dated and corny. I feel like she is (or at least her team are) trying to recreate TD which is pointless as, if you try and force it, it won't happen.

This whole mess is insane and infuriating to watch as a fan who has loved every Katy album.

I also feel like she doesn't care about being a pop star as much nowadays. She's got her family and that's her priority (which is totally valid). But I wish she would retire if that is the case, rather than put out music that is tarnishing her legacy. 

You have no idea how much I resonate with everything you have written, every single sentence. I have supported her for a lifetime, but seeing everything continue to crumble is heartbreaking, it truly hurts the heart. Only we, the fans, can understand how we felt during the Witness era and how we still feel today. I just want her to release what she wants and needs to. I just want to have fun. But it's difficult, you are right. And her team - there are no words. I just hope this song isn't downgraded to a buzz option. Just this. 

• Like 4

is there a version of the l-word with an actual sung bridge?

31 minutes ago, georgechxng said:

if the 10 seconds snippet already got so many lashings, the lashings for the "she's a mother, she's a sister, a champion, superhero" and the "you better celebrate cause we ain't going away" are gonna be relentless :deadbanana2:

Wasn't that 1 min leak confirmed to be AI? Is it real then? :rip:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.