• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• halcyonday

• aotwbys

• georgechxng

• Bends

1 minute ago, Velvet said:

having complete faith in the US justice system, especially when talking about a sexual assault case against a powerful man

:dies:

yeah, let's trust Velvet's point of view more then :ahh:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Kayzan said:

Enough of gay men blaming Katy Perry for a crime she's not guilty. Go expose your false moralism somewhere else or get a job. 

-

The snippet is so good 

I'm sorry I think it's immoral to bring a know rapist to not only produce but sing bg vocals on a female empowerment song

:rip:

• Like 9

having complete faith in the US justice system, especially when talking about a sexual assault case against a powerful man

Dr.Luke is a big deal. No regrets.

I'm sorry for kesha fans, but I"ll support Katy this moment. 

It's a woman world!

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 11

Just now, alex_katycat said:

Don't trust me sis, trust the legal experts and feminist activists that have written extensively about sexual assault cases and the US justice system 

a lot of them also covered the Kesha case. Come one they're just a google search away, you can look them up 

3 minutes ago, perfect blue said:

I know you're not up in here criticizing Katy Perry for collaborating with Dr. Luke when the woman in your avatar willingly signed a deal with him IN THE MIDDLE of Kesha's lawsuit, BEFORE Luke was found innocent and the case was dropped. Maybe sit this one out babe x

mothercain.thumb.gif.d98227d5c20dcbfa13f

Is this true? Eye-

• Haha 2

I'm sorry I think it's immoral to bring a know rapist to not only produce but sing bg vocals on a female empowerment song

:rip:

How do you know he's a rapist, you know something we don't?

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 6

5 minutes ago, Velvet said:

Like PLEASE :bibliahh:  Oh, to be a clueless gay lurking on an internet forum thinking the US Justice system means something for people other than white men

1 hour ago, Communion said:

You were quoted for your post veering into rape apologia - not because of someone having an imagined dislike of Katy (I've regularly defended Witness) - and this 2nd post again seemingly tries to flatten reality and excuse away the allegations of rape and assault. You can't imagine there'd be a difference in why someone might not like the song versus why someone might be uncomfortable with her selecting a producer accused of sexual assault, harassment, workplace bullying, etc.? 

By all means, anyone who is able to and has already reconciled with this complicated reality, I don't hold it against them. I get it's nuanced in the scenario of loving an artist and them making a choice that reasonably angers and hurts people and not knowing how to navigate all of it outside of that their music makes you happy.

But it's one thing to care about Katy and love her music versus actively antagonizing people who would reasonably find everything happening both upsetting and triggering.

This isn't her base thread. This is the thread for the single. Of course some people are going to follow updates on the song despite said updates being upsetting - specifically *because* they are upsetting. Specifically because this is the first major pop release in a decade for a man accused of rape and harming women and the implications of how it'll perform and be received being important to those who find the embrace of a rapist upsetting.

By all means, if you have to - if you're unable to actually reconcile with reality - tune it out and put people upset on ignore. You don't have to engage if you can't or if it's simply not important to you. But that's not an excuse to go the completely opposite direction and lash out or gaslight people and pretend like as though it's not noteworthy or imaginably upsetting to know a man accused of rape is producing a major female pop single. To try and attack people triggered by violence against women being rewarded.

the essays.. and the obsession with my posts specifically, the harsh reality is that i truly don't give a f*** about this kesha/luke drama, and i was very sad when katy wasn't able to work with him during witness. Cuz he understands her voice and has always prioritized her, always giving her his best work. 

does kesha care about me? has she said a WORD about palestine?

and for all i know he was proven innocent in court, and despite all the music/film industry uniting against him and showing support to kesha he still came out innocent.

kesha got her money and moved on, i think you should too. 

i believe katy is a good person and nothing u say will change that. 

Edited by KatysPrism
  • Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 8

1 minute ago, halcyonday said:

Is this true? Eye-

It sure is. ATRL user State of Grace only takes issue with doing business with Dr. Luke when it Katy Perry does it - rules for thee but not for me.

vkZO9fN.thumb.gif.eec604d99505e9cc69621f

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, perfect blue said:

I know you're not up in here criticizing Katy Perry for collaborating with Dr. Luke when the woman in your avatar willingly signed a deal with him IN THE MIDDLE of Kesha's lawsuit, BEFORE Luke was found innocent and the case was dropped. Maybe sit this one out babe x

Hahahahhahahahaha

• Thumbs Down 5

Imagine spending your entire Saturday afternoon in the Woman's World thread writing essays. :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

Can you discuss your **** somewhere else? Idgaf about your opinions about Dr. Luke, this thread is about Katy's new song. And we're gonna tune in, otherwise stfu. 

• Like 12
  • Thumbs Down 2

7 minutes ago, perfect blue said:

wow this is disturbing.

1 minute ago, chriswouldman said:

Can you discuss your **** somewhere else? Idgaf about your opinions about Dr. Luke, this thread is about Katy's new song. And we're gonna tune in, otherwise stfu. 

I agrih :clap: 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tyrion_LMG said:

How do you know he's a rapist, you know something we don't?

I get you're a stan, but don't play daft. It's okay to criticize your faves when they **** up. 

and sure the discourse may be annoying; but this will follow her the whole album cycle. An endless conversation and dissection of a pop star who could've worked with anyone choosing such a problematic man for her comeback. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

It's weird to see Katy this controversial. She is in her Erotica era. :fan:

Just now, Velvet said:

I get you're a stan, but don't play daft. It's okay to criticize your faves when they **** up. 

and sure the discourse may be annoying; but this will follow her the whole album cycle. An endless conversation and dissection of a pop star who could've worked with anyone choosing such a problematic man for her comeback. 

WE DON'T CARE.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

american teenager sounds like an early katy perry song...i can see ethel cain and katy working well together...perhaps she could be katy's new bonnie mckee

:duck:

can't wait for woman's world...women really needs an anthem like this right now

Edited by heartbeats
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

Hahahahhahahahaha

Oh so now it is suddenly funny to you ? 

Hypocrisy 101. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

Well Katy didn't rape anyone while Ariana did her thing directly herself, so there's that. And I'm not saying it's the same thing or level, but still very interesting to see her fan in here.

ezgif-5-e0c737b5ff.thumb.gif.7c98c8593ee

Omg 

:deadbanana2:

Touch some grass

16 minutes ago, alex_katycat said:

when someone sues you for defamation, the case they examine is the one you 'get defamed about'. If they hadn't examined that story, there's no defamation case. 

Please, stay in what you do professionally. Enough with your legal Populism. 

Two lawsuits have occurred, neither of them being criminal suits over the crime of sexual assault (because Luke threatened Kesha for years with retaliation after first expressing to her manager in 2006 that she believed Luke drugged + raped her). 

- A civil suit against Kesha's label, brought forward by Kesha, where a pro-Luke judge found not that Luke was innocent of any crimes (something not in her purview to determine), but that Kesha's label had no legal burden to try and protect Kesha from any harm Dr. Luke may have inflicted on her and that it was not in the ability of the judge to nullify Kesha's contract because, in the judge's words, Kesha could complete the duties of her contract (delivering more albums) without needing to be physically around Luke.

- A civil suit against Kesha, brought forward by Dr. Like, where Luke was forced to settle outside of court after the woman who quite literally wrote the relevant anti-SLAPP laws petitioned that such applies to Kesha's case and that Dr. Luke was a public figure, the court of appeals in New York State agreeing, and thus Luke being burdened with having to prove Kesha acted with malice and the intention to deceive - aka he had to yet seemingly could not prove that she lied about being raped.

There's two actual conclusions in the eyes of the court:

- Kesha could not reasonably prove that she was unable to record 3 more albums for Sony / Luke in light of believing he raped her (a labor ruling I hope most would question)

- Luke could not reasonably prove that Kesha's claim of believing she was raped were objectively false or spread with malicious intent.

"Legal populism". Sounding like a Amigo Songs corporate lawyer. Christ. :rip:

At this point just let @TomTom make a summary with citations of the case and pin it to the top of the thread and ban anyone finding it necessary to defend Katy by degrading Kesha.

Edited by Communion
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Thumbs Down 5

Just now, Santhosh said:

Omg 

:deadbanana2:

Touch some grass

Ok, homewrecker stan. 

ezgif-5-e0c737b5ff.thumb.gif.7c98c8593ee

6 minutes ago, spree said:

Imagine spending your entire Saturday afternoon in the Woman's World thread writing essays. :laugh:

Hopefully they are streaming The boy is mine ( remix) in the background as lord knows, it needs the strihms. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.