Katy Perry - "Woman's World"

Almodusa

10 minutes ago, alex_katycat said:

wow, does anybody have an allegation against this user? 

ezgif-5-e0c737b5ff.thumb.gif.7c98c8593ee

No need to prove it in court, whatever you accuse him/her of it will be automatically TRUE!

OT: 19 days til GodTy!

Like this. You're the problem. You're keeping this going. Katy made this choice. Part of that choice is people rightfully being upset. 

Instead of having any kind of emotional intelligence and sitting maturely in silence for when people express being upset, your reaction to being made uncomfortable by a choice *your fave* made is to become a reactionary and suggest there exists some phenomenon of fake rape allegations. :rip:

If you stopped defending Luke when people express they're upset, there'd be less and less people feeling the need to correct the record that your arguments are both factually and morally wrong. The more you're unable to let people express themselves and move on without rebuttal, the more the subject of Luke goes back to being centered over Katy.

"But I don't want to see people are upset, it makes me uncomfortable" is in itself a wild statement but you're more than fine to put people on ignore. Saying you're being compelled to defend Luke because people are "making you" by expressing upset in ways you don't like is obscene.

Posts praising Katy + the song AND posts expressing disappointment and upset over Luke can be posted alongside one another without knee-jerk reactions to attack people making the latter because you're seemingly insecure about the tonal direction of the thread.

Edited by Communion
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 6

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• halcyonday

• aotwbys

• georgechxng

• Bends

24 minutes ago, Coldpurry said:

It feels like 2012 ATRL all over again

The long essays

:clack:

I don't know if it's because I was young and messy or if I'm just nostalgic, but those days really were prime ATRL.

Edited by P!nk

12 hours ago, Bewitched said:

Good lord what did Bonnie do to you? :biblio:

Not cute sis

Bonnie has said that herself on TikTok. Before she worked with Katy she was an alcoholic with a failed music career and was broke. Working with Katy helped her out more than Katy working with her. Katy has had hits with and without her. Hell her biggest hits firework and dark horse without Bonnie. 

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

i mean... most of us have already expressed our disappointement and dragged him and her left and right, what else do you want us to do? we still love katy and will support her music that we waited 4 years for and won't cry about puke on it every hour and every day, it's just that simple

and as we all know pop scene is full of vicious pop stars that are not girl's girl

Nobody is telling you to stop enjoying or listening to your faves music. You already expressed your disappointment in her so I'm not sure why you feel targeted by any of those posts. Move on and talk about how SEXY and INTELLIGENT you feel today. As long as there are still people blatantly pushing rape apologia and making fun a rape victim here, expect lashings and pushback. It's just that simple.

And these cheap jabs at Ariana are not really helping you. Unless you think rape & rape apologia can be compared to......being a homewrecker (which is not even the case)?

Edited by State of Grace.
  • Thanks 5
  • Thumbs Down 2

7 minutes ago, Communion said:

Like this. You're the problem. You're keeping this going. Katy made this choice. Part of that choice is people rightfully being upset. 

Instead of having any kind of emotional intelligence and sitting maturely in silence for when people express being upset, your reaction to being made uncomfortable by a choice *your fave* made is to become a reactionary and suggest there exists some phenomenon of fake rape allegations. :rip:

If you stopped defending Luke when people express they're upset, there'd be less and less people feeling the need to correct the record that your arguments are both factually and morally wrong. The more you're unable to let people express themselves and move on without rebuttal, the more the subject of Luke goes back to being centered over Katy.

"But I don't want to see people are upset, it makes me uncomfortable" is in itself a wild statement but you're more than fine to put people on ignore. Saying you're being compelled to defend Luke because people are "making you" by expressing upset in ways you don't like is obscene.

Posts praising Katy + the song AND posts expressing disappointment and upset over Luke can be posted alongside one another without knee-jerk reactions to attack people making the latter because you're seemingly insecure about the tonal direction of the thread.

ok you made your point. can you go now?

I love Dr. Luke.

He's handsome and great producter. 

Katy and Dr.Luke is a big deal.

I'll support them everywhere.

Kesha, for me is wrong, at all. 

• Haha 4
  • Thumbs Down 11

Those fingers must be so calloused writing all those essays to people who literally don't care. 

doesn't that user stan Ariana Grande? Is she squeaky clean? 

thata right, no artist is. It's all about the music at the end of the day.  I wonder how many people still secretly bop to Do What U Want.  Afterall, it's one of her best. 

56 minutes ago, Watson! said:

enough with the fake news. he was never convicted of rape. non convicted= not guilty. that's how things work.

am sure if Katy believed that Dr Luke was a rapist, she wouldn't have worked with him. she has proven that she can write songs with other producers (fireworks, walking on air, hih,nro)

So spineless, like fave like stan 

Already got one loser banned from this thread for spamming meltdown after meltdown. Can we do it again?

• Haha 1

Communion really needs a job or something the way they are fighting 24/7 in every thread possible about social justice with people who don't care 💀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Communion said:

Instead of having any kind of emotionally intelligence and sitting maturely in silence for when people express upset, your reaction to being made uncomfortable by a choice *your fave* made is to become a reactionary and suggest there exists some phenomenon of fake rape allegations. :rip:

If you stopped defending Luke, there'd be less and less people feeling the need to correct the record that your arguments are both factually and morally wrong.

The situation is quite clear, regardless of whether you choose to examine it objectively or not. When the allegations surfaced in 2014, Katy immediately severed all professional and personal ties with the specific producer. For example, "Rise," her first song after "PRISM," was not produced by him. A decade later, the case fell apart. Do you know what that means? It means the allegation was thoroughly investigated by the American Justice system, with evidence, research, and testimonies. Ultimately, how did the case conclude? With a settlement, and Kesha stating she "cannot recount what happened that night."

And you're telling me that after all this, the producer should never work again in his life? As for what is morally right or wrong, you won't be giving me lessons. Learn what is legally provable and correct first, and stop jumping on the cancel culture bandwagon and destroying careers just because it makes you feel good. Katy had every right to work with somebody who cleared his name in the eyes of the Justice system.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 5

31 minutes ago, manuelalex9810 said:

We know that Dr. Luke is the producer of KP6, if you don't want to listen to it because it's produced by Dr. Luke don't listen to it, just go on with your life, it's as simple as that.

I guess he's been forced to listen to it :dies:  I'm clacking at the 30-lines essay long text omg

Just now, State of Grace. said:

Nobody is telling you to stop enjoying or listening to your faves music. You already expressed your disappointment in her so I'm not sure why you feel attacked by any of those posts. As long as there are still people blatantly pushing rape apologia and making fun a rape victim, expect lashings and pushback. It's just that simple.

And these cheap at Ariana are not really helping you. Unless you think rape & rape apologia can be compared to......being a homewrecker (which is not even the case)?

"Two consenting adults being together is worthy of attacking but don't you dare complain about my fave working with a man who drugged + raped her friend!!"

Like ??? :deadbanana4: The average age of an ATRL user means most people are way to old for these kind of edgelord posts.

I get ATRL has a more stantwitterfied vibe of "YAS MOTHER" and "IT'S +3 ON POP RADIO :jonny6:" over more discourse-driven forums, but ironically the length of posts is for the benefit of those who seemingly know what's happening is wrong but also want to support / keep listening to Katy. Because it's recognizing nuance and pointing out that no one is trying to paint with a broad brush. That there's a very specific behavior that's the problem and what is going to keep these conversations going.

• Thanks 2

Nothing is funnier than running to Dr Luke out of all people just to try to relive your glory days of success again

only to end up with a middle of the road puke beat with the most middling lyrics that somehow 6 writers came up with. She could've just worked with anyone :rip:

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 5

6 minutes ago, Crowley said:

I love Dr. Luke.

He's handsome and great producter. 

Katy and Dr.Luke is a big deal.

I'll support them everywhere.

Kesha, for me is wrong, at all. 

Ugh I love atrl jdjdjsjs

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Communion said:

and morally wrong.

Not with that AVI. 

• Haha 3

Just now, alex_katycat said:

Do you know what that means? It means the allegation was thoroughly investigated by the American Justice system, with evidence, research, and testimonies.

This quite literally has not happened and you're why again the issue remains a continued topic. 

You surely can't be that insecure in Katy that you feel these are the depths you need to go. I promise you that you - and Katy - deserve better than peddling this kind of discourse.

What is unbelievable in this thread is that some of you guys force us to think Dr.Luke is rapist and guilty. He was NOT found guilty and even though i do think he might be a horrible person, he is not guilty and i don't care about Katy working with him. You guys writing essays won't change that. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

4 minutes ago, alex_katycat said:

The situation is quite clear, regardless of whether you choose to examine it objectively or not. When the allegations surfaced in 2014, Katy immediately severed all professional and personal ties with the specific producer. For example, "Rise," her first song after "PRISM," was not produced by him. A decade later, the case fell apart. Do you know what that means? It means the allegation was thoroughly investigated by the American Justice system, with evidence, research, and testimonies. Ultimately, how did the case conclude? With a settlement, and Kesha stating she "cannot recount what happened that night."

And you're telling me that after all this, the producer should never work again in his life? As for what is morally right or wrong, you won't be giving me lessons. Learn what is legally provable and correct first, and stop jumping on the cancel culture bandwagon and destroying careers just because it makes you feel good. Katy had every right to work with somebody who cleared his name in the eyes of the Justice system.

Wow, best post in this mess of a thread. You ended these fake moralists

• Like 1

having complete faith in the US justice system, especially when talking about a sexual assault case against a powerful man

:dies:

• Thanks 7

1 minute ago, Communion said:

This quite literally has not happened and you're why again the issue remains a continued topic. 

You surely can't be that insecure in Katy that you feel these are the depths you need to go. I promise you that you - and Katy - deserve better than peddling this kind of discourse.

when someone sues you for defamation, the case they examine is the one you 'get defamed about'. If they hadn't examined that story, there's no defamation case. 

Please, stay in what you do professionally. Enough with your legal Populism. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

Nobody is telling you to stop enjoying or listening to your faves music. You already expressed your disappointment in her so I'm not sure why you feel targeted by any of those posts. Move on and talk about how SEXY and INTELLIGENT you feel today. As long as there are still people blatantly pushing rape apologia and making fun a rape victim here, expect lashings and pushback. It's just that simple.

And these cheap jabs at Ariana are not really helping you. Unless you think rape & rape apologia can be compared to......being a homewrecker (which is not even the case)?

Well Katy didn't rape anyone while Ariana did her thing directly herself, so there's that. And I'm not saying it's the same thing or level, but still very interesting to see her fan in here.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Velvet said:

So spineless, like fave like stan 

Enough of gay men blaming Katy Perry for a crime she's not guilty. Go expose your false moralism somewhere else or get a job. 

-

The snippet is so good 

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 3

9 minutes ago, starataneori said:

ok you made your point. can you go now?

You say this and yet:

5 minutes ago, alex_katycat said:

Katy had every right to work with somebody who cleared his name in the eyes of the Justice system.

2 minutes ago, spiritboy said:

What is unbelievable in this thread is that some of you guys force us to think Dr.Luke is rapist and guilty. He was NOT found guilty

1 minute ago, halcyonday said:

Well Katy didn't rape anyone while Ariana did her thing directly herself

Oh my god? :rip:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.